Day 7

Day 7

A Chapter by Sadie Cahill

Alleyways and streets. I avoided avenues in my wandering. Walking under the dark shades of the buildings. The city in which I remembered to be filled with life, is now an empty husk.


Somehow, I feel very close to its description. Ironically thinking that I’m just like the city. I was also an empty husk.


My blistered feet stop as I hear a clang. It came deep into an alley that I haven’t wandered into yet. Curious, I follow the sound.


Another clang, something must be rummaging from a garbage can or something. My hopes rose, perhaps it’s also a living organism, animal or human. I rarely see animals, much less humans.


Or perhaps it’s monster lurking in the dark, waiting to consume me.


At the thought, I was suddenly entranced with fear. My knees started to tremble, but why am I afraid? Aren’t I the only person in this world?


A cat meowed. A cat?


I turned the corner, and indeed, saw a cat. It looked like a domestic cat. And amazingly, it’s not too dirty. Its fur stood as it heard me approaching, looking at me through green eyes but slowly calmed down as I slowed.


It jumped down from the dumpster, and approached me, rubbing its fur on my legs. I pick it up and pet it, deciding to name it Stray, just like I was.


Stray is a nice cat. He rubbed against my hand as I hold it out towards him. Noticing that there is a collar around his neck I check it out.


What is this? A note?


“Why do you still exist?” The note said.


This simple question shook my very mind. Feeling light headed, I leaned on the nearby wall, placing Stray down. The note was placed on old browned paper, the letter typewritten.


I continue to read the letter, scanning it for clues but found none. I turn the paper, and read the back. There is nothing but a stanza of a poem


“To find the truth,

To hold your beliefs,

If you desire ceaseless days,

Seek me at the end.”


I blink, and suddenly the poem disappeared. I look around, the stanza doesn’t fade out in my memory, much like it was ironed.

What is this ‘end’?

 

 

I could return?



© 2017 Sadie Cahill


Author's Note

Sadie Cahill
I didn't update this yesterday.... sorry, I was tired after washing a TON of clothes with my older cousin.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on July 15, 2017
Last Updated on July 15, 2017
Tags: Post Apocalyptic, Short, Entry, Journal, Fiction


Author

Sadie Cahill
Sadie Cahill

Manila, Luzon, Philippines



About
An easygoing person. Would write anything that comes to mind and anything that would. more..

Writing
Lastly Lastly

A Story by Sadie Cahill


Demise Demise

A Poem by Sadie Cahill