Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

You have no choice.

"

I stared at her intently as shock and horror caressed her face. “Jay!” she screamed tears covering her face. The ground she stood on rose higher as she tried to jump to get to me. “I love you Kaji,” I gasped for air in tears. “Come back,” I begged as she disappeared from my vision. “Kaji,” I screamed. Come back Kaji, come back. All I could think about was the pain that was on her face as she left me. Fire and water exploded around me and I woke up in a cold sweat.


It’s been two long unbearable months.


She’s been gone from my grasp, never to come back. Giant tears found their way down my cheeks.  These nightmares only get worse, intensify my terrible pain. She’s gone, and now I will never hold her, touch her, or kiss her ever again. I stood out of my bed, quickly wiping away my tears.

I stared out the window to see a dark figure moving around in the night. I could swear I was losing my mind, because I was seeing these dark figures every night.


***


The dark figured closed his eyes warily, “Are you ready?” He reached his hand out towards me gesturing for me to grab it. I squirmed under the presence of him. He stepped out of the shadows, revealing himself as the man who had given me the intertwined glass to protect. “I am Seijaku. Kaji’s father, I am to protect the fairy race,” he spoke in a strong tone.


My eyes went wide in anger. “You are her father? Why did you not protect her?” I growled. He remained calm, pointing towards the intertwined trees I once entered to the fairy realms. “Are you going to come or not?” he seemed impatient. I blinked a couple times, trying to comprehend why he would think I would listen to him. “You are a terrible man, why would I follow you?” I snapped. He nodded his head accepting the insult.

“I see, so you still do not understand,” he mused. “Understand what?” I blurted. He merely laughed at my confusion, “That you are bound to us of course.” I pulled my eyebrows together in confusion, “Bound? Bound to whom?”


“The fairy realms,” he spat at me like I was supposed to know already. “You are to do what we ask, no questions asked. Do you understand?” he spoke blankly. “And if I don’t?” I yelled venom in my voice.


“Then you will be punished.”


***



© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
I'm so excited for you guys to tell me what you think. :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on April 28, 2013
Last Updated on April 28, 2013
Tags: Mystery


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane