My Heart Beats For You...

My Heart Beats For You...

A Poem by BlessedLove
"

I dedicate this to my mother -- a must read

"

Why don't you understand that I'm happy that we're free,

I'm happy that you love me; your child for all eternity...

Why dont u understand that I'm trying my best to change,

Trying to spring out of the negative spirit; trying to turn the page.

Why don't you understand that I want to make you proud?

I want to make you smile; I want to succeed for you..

 

Why dont you understand that I dont want to hurt you?

I dont want to be the cause of a hole in your heart...that'll grow deeper ad deeper each time there's disappointment,

Why don't you understand that I'm trying so hard?

Why dont you understand that my emotions are so strong,,,

 

...This tear...rolling down my face...so much meaning in this one droplet.

What say the many that I've collected in my hands?

 

Why don't you understand that I'm tired of being a failure...

tired of hurting ur heart,

tired of stressing you...

Why don't you understand that I take the blame for my father disappearing,

for my grandmother hating me...

for our family betraying us?

Why dont you understand how heartfelt this poem is,

How meaningless these words  are when compared to the beat of my heart?

 

Why don't you understand that I am trying my best,

Being a good girl,

trying to obey...

trying to pass God-given tests.

Why don't you understand that I take the blame for your pain,

Daily, I cry..for that, I love walking in the rain.

 

My heart beats for you mother...no one else..

My heart beats for you mother...this is how I've always felt...

My heart beats for you mother...I wish you could just see...

My heart beats for you mother...I just cant see why you love me...

© 2008 BlessedLove


Author's Note

BlessedLove
This is the second poem ive written in tears....I just reallized how musch I have to let out......16 yrs of bottled up emotion...and I guess i'm just sorting through em...the pic is my mother and I

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am glad that you feel that you need to impress your mother or make her proud cause that will help drive you but honestly i don't think you need to because I'm sure your mom is already proud of you. she could be proud of you for sticking by her through all the harsh times you faced with her or may be for just being her daughter and no one else s.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sorry blessed it took me so long to get to this wonderful piece that was indeed a must read. Your mother had to love this piece of art. This would make a wonderful scene in a movie. I am glad I am forcing myself to catch up on this site because I am truly being inspired and blessed. I am looking out for you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very beautiful!
Its a thought-provoking depiction, its artistic and sad at the same time.
But I'm sure that your mom is very proud of you despite what you think were failures.
Excellent write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have to agree with Luke, this poem exerts measureless emotion which i deeply admire, but the foundation which influenced this piece is skewed, its clear you try to impress your mum, but i can guarantee that even in the midst of what one may call failure of themselves, your mum will always love you, so finish the poem with an unwritten ending giving thanks that though you may not know why she loves you the way she does, your gratitude surpasses all further questions u may have. Keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is probably my favourite of yours...i haven't read anything that hits me so hard lately...i can't even begin to put into words how much i respect this poem. any poem that provokes tears i will feel, and this is one that absolutely floored me...i'm really proud of you for writing this and i kno your mom would be too...excellent write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful. Tear jerking. Very thought provoking, raw, and emotional. I have felt this same way, but reversed (about my dad). Trying to prove myself after I've made a huge mistake yet to no avail. I absolutely L.O.V.E. this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am glad that you feel that you need to impress your mother or make her proud cause that will help drive you but honestly i don't think you need to because I'm sure your mom is already proud of you. she could be proud of you for sticking by her through all the harsh times you faced with her or may be for just being her daughter and no one else s.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW! this is emotional and heartfelt, very well written...Kim

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This write seems to purge your spirit,
and move you onto a healing ground.
Perfectly pieced together tears of a broken heart.
...awed by the compassionate heart of a daughter.
Your Mom did good!!!
You are wonderful too.
Keep writing Queen!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 5, 2008
Last Updated on October 5, 2008

Author

BlessedLove
BlessedLove

Kingston, Jamaica



About
I'm a Christian and I strive to be more than an ordinary servant. I have a love for music and poetry as these are the means through which I express myself efficiently..or rather, to my satisfaction. .. more..

Writing