(8) We fall down, but we get up(8)

(8) We fall down, but we get up(8)

A Poem by BlessedLove
"

I invite you to listen to "We Fall Down" by Donnie McKlurkin.... This is also a review of "For Coloured Girls"

"
We may fall...but, we get back up..
We may fall...but it's during this fall that we gain strength
We may fall..and fall..and feel alone during this seemingly everlasting plunge into the abyss..
But! We always find a way to climb back out of that deep dark hole we were once trapped in.
You see...in life, things happen.
We often say that "bad things happen to good people"..
"Why can't it be the other way around?"
"What have I done to deserve this?"
Are we to blame...ourselves?
Are we putting ourselves through all this seemingly unnecessary trauma?

Scenario 1:
A beautiful girl, driven by her passion for dance and made happy by her own endeavours puts herself out there; she takes a risk and lets someone in. Someone who was "friendly" and seemed to be truly interested in her...
And in a moment, this trust is betrayed...and she is forced to enter the longest three minutes of her life...

Back and forth, back and forth..
He thrusts his hips as he forces his weapon into her helpless body. He conquers once again...and once again, doesn't care about the scars he's left behind. Physical scars? No, those aren't so bad. 
But, the scars left on this once pure female's heart...are never to be forgotten...


Scenario 2:
A woman...naturally bubbly personality but vulnerable because of "love".
How does one tell her that this "love" is blinding her...and the man she has established this emotion with is merely playing with her heart?
How does one tell her that in being strong for those whom she chooses to console, she subconsciously chooses not to apply it to her own life?...
In the name of "love"?


Scenario 3:
Two sisters...the first of the two cast down by a religious fanatic...a mother??
"That thing growing inside you is sin and needed to be destroyed"?
Constantly driving both daughters away...
Yet, they ironically follow the same path fundamentally...a path she had lain for them...the path away from her...
Abuse to a high degree under the guise of "love",or the lack thereof...for one's self; in turn being a form of self torture. 
"You don't know me...I am desired"...
Oh what a joy it is to feel desired...but just how long is someone going to desire a nymph?
What's the price for one night, my dear?...
There's your answer.
"I couldn't get their eyes off me...ashamed and pregnant.."
Oh the shame in so many of the acts we do...and the loneliness we incurr after the consequences of these acts have been reaped..
But, we cast away a blessing..to please the ones around us when...we suffer with disapproval...We disapprove of our cowardice acts..


Scenario 4:
The will to control everything...yet still finding that things are spiraling downhill.
A woman. Successful and independent.
Financially stable; something many people dream of..; Entrepreneurship at its prime
A spacious house.
A beautiful face and a body to match.
What could be missing from that?
A faithful husband...but sadly, one we've seemingly driven away because of his yearning for masculinity. 
So he turns to the same sex...just so he can feel unattached and dominant.
But, how could this be??
He looks good, he's so successful, he's seemingly emotionally in tune...what went wrong?
Is it...you?
After considering all this..."Sorries" become so unbearable...almost like blasphemy to a Christian's ears...
The only thing that seemingly soothes the heart...is the absence of the source.


Scenario 5:
A woman. So unassuming. But, the most devoted woman you'd find for miles.
Devotion to work, to her children...to her common-law husband.
But, is some of this devotion out of fear?
Fear for her life...fear for her children's lives??
But what happens when everything is shattered?
Who would've known that in the space of what seemed to be fifteen short minutes, she would've enjoyed being a mother for the last time?
It's been said that "a mother who has to bury her child has the biggest burden to bear"...
What can be said to console such a mother..who, in the event of danger, was helpless to a man who she was devoted to?
What can be said to the mother who scrubs her children's blood off the sidewalk and people just step in it like it's nothing? because -to them- it really is nothing...
What can really console a woman whose pride and joy has been pulled away from her?...What will does she have to live?
Where's her peace? Where's her joy?...Where is her purpose?


Scenario 6:
A woman. She has a loving partner. He clearly adores her...and so, loves her for being her.
But..the one thing she really wants to give him..she can't produce..
Why? Because of a past she can't take back.
And daily, she subjects herself to a job that exposes her to parents who abuse children; the very thing she yearns for...
Self-torture? Hard to say...

Revelations:
It all comes down to the fact that you shouldn't depend on anyone for happiness.
Be strong. 
Don't be sorry for being who you are. Accept yourself..and if your partner can't, don't lose yourself for their sake. Compromise is key...but how can one compromise if they don't have an identity?
It may be great feeling desired...but, maybe the strings attached just aren't worth it.
Love..indeed it has the ability to blind us..so be careful of the individual you choose to give your love to...
Find out what makes you happy..and stick to it.
Things happen in life..and through introspection and honesty, ask yourself if you may be equally responsible for the same happenings that affect you so greatly...Then, find a solution.
Life is certainly not a fairytale. Sometimes...bad things may happen to good people. But, what can you do?..sit down and cry?
All in all...God's peace cannot be matched by an other. No matter the situation..He's the one that will carry you through.

You see, in life...we all fall down...but true strength is seen when we get back up and rise above what we've left behind.

© 2010 BlessedLove


Author's Note

BlessedLove
I won't apologize for the length. I just typed as I was overwhelmed after watching the movie. God bless.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can't wait to see that movie!!! Heard it was good. Blessed Love, thank you, this was just waht I needed right now. I have had such a bad night, and your words helped mend my soul. One of my favorite parts:

It all comes down to the fact that you shouldn't depend on anyone for happiness.
Be strong.
Don't be sorry for being who you are. Accept yourself.

Thank you for this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can't wait to see that movie!!! Heard it was good. Blessed Love, thank you, this was just waht I needed right now. I have had such a bad night, and your words helped mend my soul. One of my favorite parts:

It all comes down to the fact that you shouldn't depend on anyone for happiness.
Be strong.
Don't be sorry for being who you are. Accept yourself.

Thank you for this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Perfect Piece, I agree with everything.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i know the song but i've only heard of the movie. some very good revelations in here charmz. this is something everyone should take into 2011 and beyond.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2010

Author

BlessedLove
BlessedLove

Kingston, Jamaica



About
I'm a Christian and I strive to be more than an ordinary servant. I have a love for music and poetry as these are the means through which I express myself efficiently..or rather, to my satisfaction. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..