The Thaw

The Thaw

A Poem by M.H. George

The colors will always come but once they reach their peak the brown crispy death takes hold. Soft veins feathering your palms and once dead become a crumbling jagged heap with the slightest grip. Should I allow my hands to stay open? Fingers splayed, left vulnerable and succumbing to the jaded familiar indifference I've felt one time too many? I had hope for this fall. The change didn't feel like an ending this time but merely a gradual transgression of semi-dormancy. Never fully awake, only half asleep, but still the red flows and burns within. Then the frost came. Crystallized and cooled the synapses and forced me to enter the fray once more. The endless grip of winter will come, the bitterness will attempt to coax the innocent, but the fire that always remains within will make love to the sun. I'm just biding my time until the thaw and wanting so bad for you to still be there in a melted puddle in my arms.

© 2016 M.H. George


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

461 Views
Added on November 7, 2016
Last Updated on November 7, 2016

Author

M.H. George
M.H. George

OH



About
I'm put together yet a mess at the same time. Never fully understood and a bit too intense for my own liking. Seeking happiness while still embracing sadness. Trying to just figure s**t out like every.. more..

Writing
Execute Execute

A Poem by M.H. George