Out of excuses

Out of excuses

A Poem by M.H. George
"

I wrote this on New year's eve. Building myself up for a no bullshit year. My shortcomings are my own and I'm done with the excuses I've hidden behind for far too long.

"
And as this day comes to a close, I'm reminded of all the doors that have opened and slammed in our faces this past year. The raw truths and soft words that have been spoken, the quickening and slowing of beating hearts, and the unwavering ability of humanity to love, hate, destroy, and create. I resolve for nothing in this coming year, I regret nothing from the past, however I will be awakened and ready to receive everything that comes to me and take action in the parts of my life that have become stagnant for far too long. May we all clear the haze that settles before us as we open our eyes and to embrace each other with a passion and truth that we so desperately need. Do not allow fear or the stifling grip of procrastination keep us from what we all seek; true and unapologetic happiness. Whether we hardly ever speak or see each other every day, I love you all, and let's not wish, but declare that we will not allow this new year to be anything short of a beautiful reality.

© 2017 M.H. George


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on January 2, 2017
Last Updated on January 2, 2017

Author

M.H. George
M.H. George

OH



About
I'm put together yet a mess at the same time. Never fully understood and a bit too intense for my own liking. Seeking happiness while still embracing sadness. Trying to just figure s**t out like every.. more..

Writing
The Thaw The Thaw

A Poem by M.H. George


Execute Execute

A Poem by M.H. George