Last Deal(III)

Last Deal(III)

A Chapter by John

     "Look...just ask what you want and let me go." Dick said between breaths. Matt stood up and came near him, letting out a cloud of smoke that made him cough.

     "Do you know where Colt lives?" Matt threw his f*g on the ground and stomped it with his boot.

     "Colt? That gun b*****d? Last I checked he had a cabin in the woods."

     "Thank you, Dick. Let's go, Az, we got a trail." He screamed towards the saloon. Az came dashing out, his characteristic smile stamped in his face like always.

     "So, where we headed?"

     "To the woods. Apparently, Colt set camp there." Matt picked his overcoat from the ground and put it on, then turned to Dick. "You know, if we don't find Colt I'll come back for you." He said and walked away.

 

The forest surrounding Hartford was a giant maze, constituted by one too many trees, dwarf in their size. Few locals dared venture into it, afraid of getting lost and end up being eaten for, as far as rumors went, packs of wolves and god knows what else had made the forest their home. As Matt and Az got near it, the ambience light seemed to slowly fade, as if drained by the forest, leaving them in a huge shadow. The vines and trees looked distorted, twisted, even threatening.

     "I ain't liking this at all, no I ain't." Az said as Matt unsheathed an oversized knife and started to make way into the forest.

     "Hey Az, is Colt a Wiccanista?" Matt didn't like their situation much more than Az, but he saw no other alternative, aside from burning the entire forst to ashes. I don't think Nessa will like it if I draw that much attention, he thought. But then again, she wouldn't be very pleased if we ended up dead in thus dump. In the end, he decided to struggle through the forest, even if it meant he and Az would tackle a possible witch.

     "No idea, Boss. Nessa said we should be extra careful, avoid going after him in his territory."
     "Oh yeah? And you sure couldn't have told me that before we entered this jungle, right?"

     "I...forgot? Heh." Az never seemed to be shaken up, even in such a hairy situation. Comes with being an Imp, I guess. Matt thought. Just as he was about to keep scolding Az, smoke started coming out from some of the surrounding trees. At first, Matt wasn't sure what for, but he managed to make a damn good guess when his arms and legs started to go numb. He fell to the ground, Az following in similar fashion, and then heard the sound of trees cracking. The sound got closer and closer, and soon a giant shadow towered above them. Whatever it was, it had the height of five or six big men, and was almost as large.

     "You know, Az..." Matt said slowly, feeling his conciousness was about to fade. "If we survive to see another day, I'm so killing you." He said and the world went dark.

     Right behind him, Az managed to say "Love you too, boss." before he followed Matt on the dark path.



© 2012 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on August 9, 2012
Last Updated on August 9, 2012
Tags: west, adventure, mature, fantasy


Author

John
John

Brasilia, DF, Brazil



About
Just someone who writes a lot of random stuff... more..

Writing
The Orphanage The Orphanage

A Chapter by John


One perfect day One perfect day

A Chapter by John


The Façade The Façade

A Chapter by John