The Beginning.

The Beginning.

A Chapter by BrandonTheEnigma

In the beginning the Elder Ones formed what is now known as the World. Centered around the World Tree Yggdrasil. Originally planned to be a simple little project just to entertain the Elder Ones expanded to the point where they refused to rule it entirely on their own. And so the Second Generation Gods were formed. Though when humans were created they worshipped the Second Generation they also worshipped the Elder Ones. Which was rather smart. Considering the Elder Ones created everything. The world, life, the Second generation, the separate Pantheons and everything else in existence. Some of the Elder Ones consisting of the Greek's Gaia and Ouranos, The Egyptian Nut and Geb were also Elder Ones. The Second Generation giving life to the second series of Titans and Gods. But still the Elder Ones were not happy. They still saw the running of the World as tiresome even for ones who did not tire. So the Second Generation gave life to the Third Generation. Consisting of Gods such as the Norse's Thor, The Greeks Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades and the Egyptian Horus. Satisfied that their were enough Generations to keep the World balanced and progressing the Elder Ones went into a slumber. Some believed they slumbered under the great tree Yggdrasil. Others believed they returned to where they had resided before the  Spark of The World. Things progressed smoothly. But then the Second and Third Generation began to grow bored of watching the simple minded humans amble along. They were granted higher intelligence and the Goddess Hecate took it upon herself to personally anoint certain humans as her servants. These servants being the Great Seven. The original wizards. And historically the most powerful. one for each continent. As each of the Great Seven grew weary they would find their successor and would transfer their wisdom and power to that person before slowly withering away and embracing Death. Enraged by Hecate's favoritism and need to feel superior the other members of the Second and Third Generations began gathering their followers. And thus the different Pantheons formed.The different war gods of the different Pantheons taught the humans how to be warriors and how to form armies and fight battles after several of the Second Generation had been thrown down by the Third Generation who then took over as the supreme's of the Pantheons. And then the Leagacies came to be born. These being the ones born of the Third Generation and then the offspring of the Third Generations offspring.


© 2014 BrandonTheEnigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on January 29, 2014
Last Updated on January 29, 2014
Tags: Wizardy/Sorcery, Conjuring, Alternate History


Author

BrandonTheEnigma
BrandonTheEnigma

Does it matter?, ME



About
My writing style is dark and depressive if you don't like it then dont read I write likeJ. R. R. TolkienI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing