The Champion

The Champion

A Chapter by BrandonTheEnigma

In the year 2014 Aries personally sired champion was now age 18. He was tall, strong, athletic, just a natural athlete. Not to mention the fact that he was a fighting prodigy. Already ranked as the number one pound for pound kick boxer, boxer and MMA fighter in his state and within the top five in the world. He was a 4 time highschool wrestling state champion, and gunning to win four more wrestling championships when he got to college. Just a fine tuned machine. Created for one purpose. Combat. His name? Landon Riley. Currently Landon was at the local boxing gym slamming away at heavy bags at a tireless pace. The doctor's were amazed with his physical gifts as were the gym owners. Then a man came in. Tall, solid muscle, tattooed, shaven head and black sunglasses. He went into the locker room and came out shortly afterwards in fight shorts and boxing shoes. Hands wrapped and gloves on. "Yo champ quit hittin the bag and try hittin me" The man called over to Landon who chuckled. They went into the ring, the people who were using it before couldn't get out fast enough. They both refused head gear then surged towards each other. Matching eachother's speed and power, refusing to go down After they went five rounds they stopped. "your good kid, exactly where I hoped you'd be" The man chuckled. Landon gave him a strange look. "okay who are you?" he asked. The man chucked again. "don't you recognize your father?" he laughed. Landon was shocked. "that's impossible, my dad left, never had anything to with me" Landon snapped back. The man continued to laugh. "that's because the time travel spell only lasted long enough to ensure your existence. Come with me I will explain everything son." He urged. Landon wasn't sure he trusted this guy but he wanted to know what he had to say so he went and changed and followed the man out to his motorcycle. Jet black with streaks of red on it as if he had just shot somebody in front of the bike and made their blood splatter over it. The man tossed a helmet at Landon who easily caught it. "Hop on" the man instructed. Landon did as he was told and they took off down the road and kept going until they ended up in San Jose. The trip from Sacramento to San Jose didn't take long and the next thing Landon knew he was at the American Kickboxing Academy gym. The man led him inside and then in to a back office where he sat in a cushioned wheely chair. Landon sat on the couch against the back wall. "so what are some of your questions son?" The man asked. Landon chuckled. "First off who are you and how do I know you are my father?" Landon asked. The man grinned. Like the grin of a wolf with blood stained teeth from a fresh kill. "okay you caught me. I am Aries. Greek god of war and least favored of the Legacies. I am your father. You can even ask your mother." he said and snapped his fingers. Suddenly Landon's mom Angelique appeared in a puff of red smoke. She struggled to get her bearings and when she did her eyes nearly burst from her head and her jaw hit the floor as she spotted Aries. "You said I'd never see you again!" She screamed at the war god. Landon was dumbfounded. "see? Told you she'd recognize me son." Aries said with a wink. Angelique began pounding her fists into the war god's face. "you lying pig! You said he would never get to meet you!" She screamed again. Aries simply brushed her aside. "Long story short. I sired Landon so he would become the greatest warrior the world has ever seen and he is already nearly there. From a melee aspect that is. I am hear to take him to the next level and finish his training." Aries explained nonchalantly as if he had given this speech several times before. Angelique stomped her foot in protest. "No! You can't just appear out of no where and take him away from me! It doesn't work like that!" she squealed. Aries removed his sun glasses. His eyes showing pure fire. " I gave him life. And now it is time he repay me. He has no choice." He growled. Landon jumped to his feet. "The hell I don't!" He snapped and clocked Aries with a jaw smashing right hook. Aries merely chuckled. "You have good power, but not good enough" he scolded before sending Landon flying through a wall with a flick of his wrist. Aries strode towards his fallen son, eyes flaring while Angelique tried continually to hurt him as she jumped on his back and slammed her fists into his head non stop. Aries threw her off his back with a dip of his shoulder before bringing his foot up and laying it across the throat of Landon. Landon squirmed as his air was cut off. "listen closely kid. You are going to do what I say. No if's and's or but's. Do I make myself clear?" the war god growled. Landon nodded rapidly then started coughing as the foot was removed from his throat. Angelique continued to try and protest. With a snap of his fingers two musclebound thugs in black came out of a side room and dragged her away. Landon tried to protest. "Don't worry she will be fine. We just don't need any distractions. Now get up let's see what you can do." the war god instructed. Landon got up and eventually changed into a pair of fight shorts and put on MMA wraps and gloves before going to the practice cage. Aries came into the center of the cage. "There are no rules in this bout except win and win honorably. Now let's meet your opponent." Aries said before gesturing with his hands towards the figure striding towards the cage. Easily seven feet tall. Solid muscle entirely. Tree trunk like legs and bowling ball shoulders. The man if you can even call it that had long black hair that hung well past his shoulders but was now in a ponytail. Eyes black as night and a face scarred beyond belief. Just one fist on this behemoth was nearly as big as Landon's head. "FIGHT!" Aries bellowed before the cage doors slammed shut and Aries appeared at cage side with popcorn and a soda. The monster surged forward and Landon ducked a huge right haymaker and got in close and reeled of probably fifty punches to the body before he skirted away. The monster came forward again and Landon began landing a series of leg kicks. Trying to chop down the beast. Landon goes for a flying knee but get's caught. The beast presses him overhead and drops him from 10 feet in the air. Landon jumps to his feet and begins landing more leg kicks. Slowly the beast begins to slow as Landon works a stick and move strategy to perfection. Finally after the thousandth leg kick the beast's right leg gives out and the beast drops to a knee. Landon dives forward with a knee and starts unloading with a series of punches, elbows, kicks, knees just everything he could do to try and knock the beast out. It starts to get up but Landon swings himself up onto the giant's back and latches on a choke with all his might. Landon squeezes with every ounce of his strength until the giant pitches forward and falls face first to the mat. Aries appeared in the cage, clapping with a big grin on his face. "Very good! Your ready for weapons!" Aries cheered. Landon simply glared at his long lost father as he exited the cage. 


© 2014 BrandonTheEnigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good one. Your MMA and sports stories are great!
Next chapter please!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Added on January 29, 2014
Last Updated on February 4, 2014
Tags: war, Fantasy, Mythology


Author

BrandonTheEnigma
BrandonTheEnigma

Does it matter?, ME



About
My writing style is dark and depressive if you don't like it then dont read I write likeJ. R. R. TolkienI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing