Chapter 1- Just Your Average Girl

Chapter 1- Just Your Average Girl

A Chapter by Lino Rie
"

Nomine's life before she's bitten.

"
Dear Journal,
Love. Something everyone needs in life. I haven't found it yet, but I haven't given up hope. There's this hot exchange student at school who came from Japan. He's kind of strange, but in a good way. I think I might ask him if he would go on a date with me. It probably won't happen considering how shy I am. If anything I'll ask him to be my friend. 
-Nomine Star✯

I finish scribbling in my leather bound note book with a wolf carved in the cover. One of my strands of  golden hair falls into my eyes and I tuck it behind my ear. My friends comment me on my long hair but I don't understand why. I stuff my journal into my pillow to keep it from my little sister who likes to tell her little friends my secrets. I love her and all but like any other siblings we fight. Not often but we still do. I Look at my clock and see that it's still 6:30 and I still have a half-an-hour before going to the school bus. I take out my special chinese brush pen and a piece of paper and start to draw my dream guy again. I would draw the eyes first and I never understood why but they were always the same even if I drew them in a different way. Then I would add his silver hair that was long for any normal boy up here. Then his somewhat ripped body that always made me wish he was real. I look at the time and see that it's only 6:40 and decide to check on my sister Sophie. 
I walk down the short hallway and look in the living room at the other end. I see her sitting on the sofa trying to tie a ribbon to, our dog, Chippo's tail. I wish she would learn that you can never put a bow on his tail no matter how hard you try. Even if you caught it and tied a bow on it would just fly across the room from his speedy, little tail that constantly wages. "You know that ribbon is never going to stay on. Why do you even try," I say as I walk to her and sit on the other side of Chippo, who decides to crawl onto my lap that he is all most to big for. "Because he would look so cute with it on," she says as she ties the ribbon on his tail. He starts to lick my face and wages his tail even faster as I try to keep him from my face. "You know that he's a boy right," I say to her trying to get that idea through her thick skull. "Ya, but he would still look cute with it on," she yawns. When I pet finally let Chippo lick my face the ribbon flow of the end of his tail and hit my little sister lightly in the head. "Ahw," she picks the ribbon up and puts it in her pocket.
I give Chippo a hug and put him on the floor. I walk toward the kitchen, which is that far, and grab a apple to eat. I turn around and see that my sister is starring out the window looking kinda lonely. "Whats the matter," I say as I walk up to her and hug her. "One of my friends were mean and threatened to kill me," she said in a depressing voice. "Why would he do that?" " I don't know. He said he didn't like my hair and that I smelled horrible." I hugged her even harder and said,"He was probable kidding. If you want I'll give you that body mist you like so much. Then he can't say you smell bad," I say as I start to tickle her. I stop tickling her and walk back to my bedroom and grab my coconut body mist and hand it to her. She looked at me with a bit of confusion and then smiled and hugged me. "Thank you," she said as she let go of me and sprayed herself with the tropical scented mist. She skipped to the end of the hallway then stopped. She turned around and said,"What about my hair?" I got my brush, which was also on the vanity, and told her,"I can fix that too." I brushed out her hair, that was almost as long as mine, and held out my hand. "May I have that ribbon," I said in my british ascent. She dug it out of her pocket and handed it to me. I tied it around my wrist then french braided her hair. I tied it with her ribbon and said," What do you think?" She got up and looked in the mirror in the kitchen. I walked over and put my hands on her shoulders and whispered in her ear,"If he doesn't like you now then he must be insane." I left and went to look at the clock and realized that it was 7:00 and grabbed both of our jackets. "We better get out there otherwise we'll miss the bus." I help her put on the jacket and then Grabbed her backpack and hand it to her. I quickly throw my jacket on and grab my backpack. I hold the door open for her then walk out behind her.


© 2013 Lino Rie


Author's Note

Lino Rie
Please give me feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very nice piece of writing, that gives me pleasure in reading how an older sister is so caring of her younger sister. It is very sweet, to read how you are so sensitive to her needs and concerns. You are a great "big sister"..... thank you for sharing this window of your life !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Actually I'm not a big sister I'm Writing more about my big sister when I was 6 or 7. But she wasn't.. read more
KurKota

11 Years Ago

Ahhhhh I see ! Sorry for my misunderstanding . Even more poignant writing then. Very good, my fri.. read more
Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

I can understand why so it's no big deal if you thought that.



Reviews

Good start. I am going on to the next chapter. One comment though, when someone speaks you are to start a new paragraph. It helps too with keeping track of who's talking. Hope you write more chapters! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's a nice wirte I love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A great start for your book! :) Can't wait to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's Great! Although there are some spelling errors, but not bad.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Maybe you should list them.
This is a very nice piece of writing, that gives me pleasure in reading how an older sister is so caring of her younger sister. It is very sweet, to read how you are so sensitive to her needs and concerns. You are a great "big sister"..... thank you for sharing this window of your life !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Actually I'm not a big sister I'm Writing more about my big sister when I was 6 or 7. But she wasn't.. read more
KurKota

11 Years Ago

Ahhhhh I see ! Sorry for my misunderstanding . Even more poignant writing then. Very good, my fri.. read more
Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

I can understand why so it's no big deal if you thought that.
This is awesome! Can't wait to read more :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2013


Author

Lino Rie
Lino Rie

Williams, MN



About
I'm a girl who has little confidence and almost no talent. I'm 19 and have long blonde hair and blue eyes. My fears include: spiders, needles, not doing things right, disappointing others, and be.. more..

Writing
I am... I am...

A Poem by Lino Rie