The Proposal

The Proposal

A Poem by Brian K. Walters

The Proposal


As we sat on this pebbled beach, thousands of tiny white bubbles danced to the shore.
With our socks discarded on the stones, we dipped our toes in the warm crevices left behind.
Gently I brushed away the strands of gold from her eyes as they danced on the summer wind.
I remember she looked at me and without saying a word, told me she loved me with her smile.

“Do you think we’ll always be together?” she asked as her eyes awaited mine in response.
My fingers nervously fumbled through my pocket as I turned to her and replied…
“I hope so. I’d hate to have to return this”.

As I opened the small velvet covered box, her eyes lit up and she jumped into my arms.
I’ll never forget the excitement in her smile as she pressed her lips against mine.
Even the incredible beauty of the sunset behind her, couldn’t come close to that of hers.
With a great sense of relief I said “I guess I can take that as a yes?”

She smiled and her eyes danced with life as she kissed me again and again. “Yes!” she replied.
I could feel my heart pounding through my chest as we fell to the soft blanket of sand.
For the first time in my life, I felt… complete.

By Brian K. Walters

© 2008 Brian K. Walters


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So, you were pretty much sweating bullets by that time, huh? Lol, so glad you got the answer you seeked! Can you imagine being turned down, how devastating it would be?

My best to you both!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

that was beautiful, in a lot of the books i have read a proposal has been a good one but never poetic and i think that you actually made it beautiful and poetic at the same time. i liked how you included all the little details like the gold strand of hair in her eyes. its was very pretty.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2008
Last Updated on February 14, 2008

Author

Brian K. Walters
Brian K. Walters

MI



About
I have always loved to write.I have been through a lot in my life yet I don't feel I should limit my writings to being just about me. Although some of my poems are about me and my own personal experie.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..