This little bird

This little bird

A Story by Brinda
"

The story of a young girl and her story, portrayed like a bird.

"

She lost this battle before she knew it started. There is nothing you can do when a bird leaves the nest, finally learning how to fly. And no matter how much you want to rein them in you know it’s a lost cause. The more you anchor the bird, the more itching it is to fly. The war begun last summer; when this bird found its wings. After seven years this bird found a new tree. Not so much new, but a tree she found to be home. More home then her current tree. You see, the story plain and simple is that this bird was normal. Mommy bird, daddy bird and sister bird. They were the typical bird family in the maple trees.

Then havoc occurred. Something happened and mommy bird took this little bird and sister bird to the other side of the pond, leaving daddy bird by himself.  This little bird had learned all about over the pond but never dreamed of venturing there.  But she did. Mommy bird met many guy birds. This little bird and sister bird met them all. Mommy bird may deny it now, but this little bird remembers one specific thing about all six she met. One has a favorite football team, the ones in the blue shirts. One always ran back to its mommy bird crying. One threw a spicy pepper into this little bird’s eye. One had two baby bird of his own, both girls. Another had two baby birds of his own, both boys. One was mean, so mean that this little bird heard mommy bird cry on the phone to him at night. After two winters of trying mommy bird found her knight in shining armor. He had two baby birds, both girls. After a few years mommy bird got married and now this little bird has a step dad bird.
Every year this little bird and sister bird would fly over the pond to see daddy bird. Flying away never got any easier. This little bird knew that it hurt daddy bird even more every time they flew away. And this little bird would cry silent tears for a week because she loved daddy bird and never wanted to say goodbye. Daddy bird didn’t do what mommy bird did, but he finally met lady bird who had two babies, both girls. This little bird and sister bird figured it out soon enough. Daddy bird was dating this lovely lady bird from his work. That long hot summer when this little bird and sister bird finally asked if their suspicions were true, daddy bird asked if this was ok with this little bird and sister bird. Sister bird and this little bird loved lady bird so they had no problem with daddy bird loving her too. A year or two passed and daddy bird popped the question. On that miraculous August 2nd it became official. This little bird had two families on either side of the pond. But where did she belong?
This little bird was growing up faster every day. She stayed in mommy bird’s nest, because she had no choice. Then last summer came. This little bird found her voice and decided to use it; this little bird wanted to fly. It had been 14 long years since she was first hatched and 7 since mommy bird tried tackling raising this little bird and sister bird on her own. This little bird was proud of mommy bird. But this little bird wanted daddy bird. This little bird missed him so much that it hurt. Daddy bird missed out on a lot of the major events. But that needn’t happen anymore. Last summer came around, and this little bird took a stand. Now mommy bird knew that daddy bird would fight for this little bird because this little bird knew where she wanted to be. So when next summer comes the war will begin.
She lost this battle before she knew it started. This little bird, is me. And this is my story.

© 2009 Brinda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww, I'm sorry...

But this is a really great story!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 10, 2009

Author

Brinda
Brinda

Writing
All to you All to you

A Poem by Brinda


No tears dad No tears dad

A Story by Brinda