No tears dad

No tears dad

A Story by Brinda
"

A short piece of writing on the feelings of a girl leaving her dad at an airport whilst on the way back to her moms.

"

 

Those five words were all I needed to hear in order to go home. At least, where my temporary home was. “I love you too baby.” A tall man, my dad, said squeezing, me, his daughter, Ryan. Ryan’s dad had dark golden hair with strands of grey seeping through. He had a mustache that tickled Ryan every time he kissed her on the cheek. The mustache was pretty much the same color as his hair but with less hair and it was a little lighter. He also had a beard not like one that spread from one ear to another, one that just shaped his mouth. It was also the color of his hair except it had two patches of grey hair puddles at the side. Ryan remembers when her mom used to joke to him that he had been eating too many powdered doughnuts. Oh those were the days when everything was simple; but not anymore. Her world had capsized from one decision. It wasn’t at all like it used to be. But it had been years since then and she was used to it. Ryan knew she wasn’t the only one who had to deal with the change. For instance she knew it was weird for both of her parents and her older sister. To Ryan it wasn’t the moving that got her. It wasn’t that she was scared of meeting of new people or starting all over. It was how she would handle it whilst trying to do everything right. She had to admit it would be hard otherwise she would really be lying to herself.
                I smile weakly, trying to hide my tears. I knew it was gonna be hard. It was last time. It is every time! I say to myself. I turn around and look up to find an air hostess standing there with a smile plastered on her face. It looks like it has been there for too long and is in desperate need of a vacation. I turn to my right to find my sister with a smile on her face. I know that smile. The smile clearly said “Here we go again. I hate this part!” she turns to look at me and flashes another smile and touches my arm. I know this smile too, “stay strong”, it was written all over it. I turn completely around to see my dad standing there waving, mouthing it’s going to be alright. The thing is he thinks it is but what he doesn’t know is I will spend around the next fortnight crying every night, missing him. The worst part is neither will anyone else. The lady at the gate takes our boarding passes and passports. She walks to the guy waiting to take them. He looks like he could be her son. Well he would if the hostess didn’t pile on the foundation. And yet, they are still flirting.
                She called to us and said “Come on girlies. Say good bye to your dad now.” We do as we are instructed obediently then follow the already annoying flight attendant down the bridge to the air plane. At this point I was desperate to hide the tears back. It wasn’t working very well. But since she was trailing behind her sister she did her best to wipe them away as fast as they came. We are finally at the door and I hear the lady who took us down say to one of the ladies in the entrance “now here are our UM’s. They are sisters Miss Scarlet and Miss Ryan Lollar. They have just said a tearful good bye to their dad. 38A and 38B I’ll let you take them from here.” She flashes us a Cheesy grin that I read as a good luck grin. The lady takes us through the empty plane and towards our seats. We come to the last section separator where we meet a lady that looks really young for a hostess called Tori. She greeted us with a real smile.  The first since we got to O’Hare!  I think. I sit next to the window with around seven rows of seats behind us. In the distance I hear a rustle of people from first class get on. I stare out the dark window. All I can think about is him. I feel a tear trickle down my cheek and I knew if I had had no control of myself then the plane would be full of my tears.  I wish this was easier. Some way that every time we leave I wouldn’t feel guilty. I wish I knew what he was thinking. I wish there was a way for this to stop. Suddenly my cheeks feel on fire and they aren’t cooling down from the warm tears running from my eyes either. I can feel them drip on to my chest. I pull my hood up to stop everyone around me seeing me cry. I hate crying in public.

© 2009 Brinda


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Brinda
The bold is kind of like a short narration, if it doesnt work or you don't like it, say.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The funny thing was that I didnt read your caption at all and I understood exactly what was going on.
The emotions you have captured here are genuine and it doesn't come across as a voyeur scene. I feel
like I am with her. It's like I (the reader) am the only person that understands her. This type of connection you have created with the character is a rarity. I really love this piece. My parents were divorced when I was young
so I identify with this piece. When I look at my relationship with my parents now...I am optimistic about her
future. Kudos!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it, I found it very heartfelt and powerful emotions.
You did very well written what you feel.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2009


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love And Lust Love And Lust

A Poem by Manda


 Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Therene