Beauty

Beauty

A Poem by Brinda

 

I watch as the colours fade, mixing together to make an ordinary winter’s night sky. The moon is off in the distance preparing itself for another glorious performance. The vibration of my sister’s music makes it hard to record the breathtaking beauty I see out my window as I speed past. But I try.
            If it ever got dark in heaven, this is what my imagination would conjure. I’ve ridden many roads, wandered many streets and I’ve found that wherever you travelled at twilight, you will find that they are lit by orange electrical stars that shine not too high above your head. From beneath them you think they are nothing but the average street lamp; the ones that lead you to a place called home. But from above, they show that there’s life in the periodically silent place below. The common street lamp is one of many examples that show how by taking things and looking at them through a different angle than the one we’ve originally come across, they could be something beautiful. More beautiful than you would have first thought. Beauty, when occurring with people, is overrated. Beauty, when occurring in our surroundings, is underrated. Beauty is something natural. A concept the majority of people fail to grasp. Rolling along the motorway it becomes obvious we’re nearly home. Gazing out you see vast oceans that have been recently formed by England’s claim-to-fame weather. Oh too familiar surroundings begin to appear. I stretch; 5 minutes. Not only does the dark add mystery to the world but it also shows the beauty of the stars. Only those fortunate to have the time to star gaze have the chance to realise the world’s full beauty.

 

© 2009 Brinda


Author's Note

Brinda
Wrote it as it was happening (Y)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very nice. and you are so right, so much natural beauty in life is taken for granet.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 6, 2009

Author

Brinda
Brinda

Writing
All to you All to you

A Poem by Brinda


No tears dad No tears dad

A Story by Brinda