Writer's Cafe...THE END.

Writer's Cafe...THE END.

A Story by Hawksmoor
"

I'm pissed as f**k. This is how I feel. Don't like it? Take a hike.

"

 

Let’s see…how do I start this?
 
I am angry beyond words, hurt beyond belief. It feels as if someone just murdered my eventual kid right before my eyes, while I couldn’t do a goddamn thing to stop it or look away from it. I’m gonna make my thoughts on this sorry s**t known despite this feeling of terrible helplessness, though, whether anyone likes it or not. I don’t give a f**k about delicate dispositions. Not anymore. F**k your “oh my God”s and your “well, I never”s. You don’t want to hear a balls to the wall honest account of human feelings when it comes to this s**t, turn your head. Go away.
 
First off, f**k your mistake, Charlie. F**k it, kill it dead, and walk all over it. Piss on it. Everyone is entitled to make mistakes, but people like you, people who hold the souls of other, less powerful people in their hands…mothafucka, you aint allowed to make mistakes of this magnitude, you son of a b***h.
 
That’s right, I said it.
 
Like thousands of other people here, I’ve lost damn near everything to this fucked up “mistake” you made. Totally irreplaceable things. Like others, I got too comfortable with the site (which was the intended goal right from the start) after a while and started putting off backing my work up, since I didn’t see any reason to rush the matter. I’d grown to trust the site’s overseers, you see. I gave them my stupid goddamn baby trust without a second thought after a little while.
 
“You should’ve known better than to have things posted here that weren’t backed up” some might say. To that, I say f**k you. Great big middle finger to you a******s. Charlie is allowed a “mistake”, yet those of us who lost so f*****g much aren’t? Was it wrong to take comfort in the then-fact that the site was being taken care of and run responsibly by a capable human being? No, it wasn’t. That's what most sensible people call simple human nature. 
 
 
 
I’m sitting here before my pc, blood boiling, writing this s**t, yet, I can’t feel my soul. That’s right. It’s as if someone took my heart, my soul, between their hands and crushed it into nothing. Anyone here, most of us here, can understand that. That flip a*s, nonchalant “apology” you sent out? You can stick it up your a*s, you tactless b***h. F**k you, because flimsy pretend s**t like that never heals anything. I lost over 200 pieces of my art, of my craft, of the personal trek that was the evolution of me as a writer, a man, as an African American, as a human being. Two years of my life…f****n gone, just like that. All thanks to a stupid b*****d who claims to have made a mistake with a mouse and an itchy finger. Bullshit.
 
There are those who are saying that “we will stand together, stand tall, build anew, we shall get through this”…all well and good for you people, with all that empty new age bullshit, who probably lost nothing worth a goddamn. A piece or two. Things you probably didn’t care all that much about from the start. I’ve been here for two years, though, longer than the vast majority of you with the high and mighty opinions and the clever jabs at those of us who trusted this s**t enough to put off saving s**t as we shoulda been doing. That amount of time on a site like this makes you trust…it makes you feel as if nothing will go wrong, nothing like this, because, well, when has it ever? Being here for a while made me insanely comfortable, just as it did to others.
 
I should’ve been saving my s**t, I’ll admit that, but I know a man who lost 300 pieces of his work, for God’s sake, all because he, like me, trusted with his heart and passion instead of his common sense. It’s that way all over the world right now, all because of one b*****d’s simple “mistake”. You’re certifiable as far as I’m concerned if you stay with this site, now. F**k your mistake, man. Why wasn’t all of this backed up from the start? This aint one person’s work…this is the work and world of thousands of thinking, feeling, and talented human beings. For you to gamble with such things is insane.  I didn’t get the tiniest sense of remorse from that hack’s idea of an apology you sent out. You didn’t mean a damned thing you said in it. “Your art is gone, never to be seen again, but I’ve saved your pictures, friend lists, and reviews". What the f**k is wrong with your mind, man? You are crazy, mentally unstable. I am absolutely sure of this, beyond the shadow of a doubt. What normal human being could be so f****n flip about doing something like this, if it was a mistake? Hell, it may not have been a mistake at all. I don’t doubt it. 
 
F**k you. I hope you fail in all you do in life. I hope this site crashes. I hope you never get anything more out of it. I hope hard, man. I hope these things come to pass. I cried like baby today, because of you. I’m letting go of writing for now, because of you. I have absolutely no faith in sites like this one, because of you. You make me sick, you piece of s**t. Two years of growth, down the f****n drain like worthless s**t.
 
You took the passion and love of thousands of people and worked it over. You shitted on these things, then smiled at us and said “You still have your pictures and friend lists and obsolete reviews, you ungrateful a******s. I've even thrown in extra features and crappy contests with insignificant cash prizes, meaningless though they may be. How dare you judge me.”
 
You arrogant b*****d, thinking that such an “apology” would ever mean anything to intelligent people.
 
People deserve more than a flip, fake a*s apology when their souls have been torn out and raped, ripped the f**k apart and cast aloft like confetti.
 
I sincerely hope you fail in life.
 
You sorry sack of insensitive s**t.
 
You make me sick, and though the only comfort I have right now is knowing with absolute certainty that thousands of people around the world feel the same exact way, the exact same hatred towards you that I do, it’ll have to do.
 
Because all I have other than that now is my rage and heartbreak.

© 2008 Hawksmoor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, Broadie...my heart is breaking for you. I've only lost a few pieces because I am a paranoid mutha and back everything up, sometimes three or four times--but two hundred and three hundred pieces...I'd die. I was under the impression that this site had a backup and that's how they could use our stuff for site promotion even after we've pulled it down. Guess it was a lie. Try a Google search on your screen name--if you can find anything with the "Cached" link under it, you might be able to recover some of it. Try Yahoo & Ask searches also. It's like finding a f*****g needle in a haystack, but I recovered a major piece I'd lost thanks to Google.

You've said all the things we all want to say. I'm no f*****g Pollyanna when it comes to voicing my gripes, and you don't even want to know the things I said out loud when I was able to log back in and saw everything gone. The whole family scattered as I raged and cursed. And I'm with you: the apology was flip and lighthearted. "Look at this as a new start" is not what you say to people from whom you've ripped heart and soul and blood and sweat.

I'm praying you can recover as many pieces as possibly through search engine caches. You know where to find me (myspace). I love you, my friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yeah... I almost lost all of my writing. Thankfully I didn't lose all of it... but I did lose my first two pieces, which were incredibly dear to me and which I am horribly upset about. They were extremely important to me... I'm not sure if I can write like that again. :(
It almost makes me not want to go to grad school...

Posted 16 Years Ago


AMEN!!!

Okay...we two Scorpios must be on the same page here. I just posted something myself (much nicer in language, but pretty much stating my distrust of this site) for all the world to read. I fail to save the last 15 or so of my work, and I am heartbroken. I can not imagine losing ALL my work the way you did...if I had of, yeah...I doubt I would have been so nice about it. You have every right to rage and tell others to piss off if they try to dictate to you how you should feel. Our work is OUR baby and we can grieve as WE see fit. My heart goes out to you. I hope you do resume writing again my friend and that you write even better than you did here. I did not get that apology you spoke of...just as well, I might of exploded even more tonight had I did recieve it. I think that this has taught me to think twice before posting...save it first THEN post it. But I don't think I'm posting anymore work at this site...too much damage was done and I am having a hard time forgiving right now. If it were not for the groups and my friends, I would be LONG gone...not too sure if that is even enough to heal what was done. You know how to find me at myspace. Drop me a line and keep in touch with me. I'm send you much love darling!!!-Catrina

Posted 16 Years Ago


f**k man this is exactly why ive never trusted technology. i feel f*****g horrible for you. i have all of my s**t on paper but i can only imagine if i didnt. i would bawl like a goddamn baby. i f*****g hope you pick up the pen again duude cuz you are an excellent writer and i would like the opportunity to read more of your stuff and moreover dont want to loose contact with you or ANY of the wonderful souls ive been fortunate enough to come across on this site. in times of distress ive learned to use my hatred as a muse. make it focused,acute, and razor f****n sharp! f**k the rest of the world we as artists are outside of all the boxes fore-f*****g-ever.
i wish you nothing but the best and sincerely hope to read work from you soon.
6
Hail Hawksmoor!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I came across this on my profile home page after i backed up what i had (about 20% of what i had written the other 80 is gone forever) Anyways that was beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yo, check it out. Even when you're mad as hell your s**t is flowy.

Now that's talent.

"I sincerely hope you fail in life.
You sorry sack of insensitive s**t.
You make me sick,"

One door closes










and the NEXT one opens.
Keep those eyes peeled, even if youre only doin it for me.
Love you.

Posted 16 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008

Author

Hawksmoor
Hawksmoor

About
BRILLIANT! Hawksmoor...From The Bleed. more..

Writing
CAST LOTS CAST LOTS

A Story by Hawksmoor


YEAHBUTWHAT? YEAHBUTWHAT?

A Story by Hawksmoor



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..