Relics: Liahona pt.2

Relics: Liahona pt.2

A Chapter by Broken Serenity
"

Alessio makes the search for the Liahona more personal and a piece of his backstory is revealed. Serenity battles her inner demons and is faced with a daunting responsibility.

"
Serenity grimaced, remembering why she rarely took school sponsored missions. She felt more like she was babysitting Peter than anything else. She was sitting down while the excavation team was digging (people on the archaeologist career path mostly) an sifting. Peter was bored and running around in circles. Literally running around in circles.
"Peter! Sit, now!" Serenity snapped her fingers and pointed to a spot. She was beyond irritated with the man, she didn't even have the room in her brain to be shy because she was so annoyed with Peter. She wanted to meet this girl that he said might or might not be his girlfriend and ask her what was wrong with her mentally. Peter sat down obediently and Serenity pulled up a puzzle game on her phone. "Here, beat it." Serenity said, figuring it would give him something to do for an hour or two. She'd been stuck on it for at least three days so she knew he probably wouldn't end up solving it without a few hours.
"Done." Peter handed back the phone in less than one minute, Serenity looked at the phone and her breath caught in her throat. He'd beaten it in fifty-two seconds. She didn't even know how that was possible. He was seriously a genius. 
"Guys, it's getting dark and this is a demon heavy area. We're only going to stay a little while later." The leader of the expedition called out to them. The man walked over to where the two were standing. The ginger gave a small smile when the guy appeared, they were in the same grade and had a lot of classes together because they were at about the same intelligence and career path.
"You two, we'll need you to test these dirt samples to see if we're even looking in the right direction." Hunter Alistair said in his thick British accent. Holy relics had a certain chemical in their composition and whatever surrounded it tended to soak it up as well. With enough analyzation of dirt samples the task would be simple. If by simple you meant it would take twelve hours, not including breaks. If Peter turned up useless it would take Serenity a day or maybe even more.
"That's fine?" Hunter said, Serenity's face flushed. Her normally lightly colored features gained a red hue. 
"Yeah of course that's fine." Serenity averted her eyes to the ground and cleared her throat. She felt she passed simple awkwardness. She was painfully awkward. She was so awkward she felt that their should be a new word for it. A word with way more consonants than vowels so that it would be awkward to say. Like: "Klkfghnlbert" or something like that.
"By the way, Dan signed up for this trip but I haven't seen him? Have you? I hope he hasn't gotten on the wrong plane again. Did he tell you he went to Germany last time?" Hunter let out a large laugh. It wasn't big, round and irresistible like Jamie's and it wasn't cynical and knowing like Alessio's. It wasn't verging on sarcastic like Ash's or sweet like Sarah's. His laugh was unique, it expressed an emotion Serenity couldn't put into words. It made her heart skip a beat every single time. Like for a single second she ceased to exist, becoming the mere idea of 'Serenity' floating in the clouds in the very definition of serenity.
"We tend not to talk." Serenity answered curtly as soon as she could remember to breathe, now making direct eye contact with Hunter. Hunter stared back at her with a single eyebrow inquisitively raised. Serenity normally would of loved talking to Hunter, but he had the annoying pleasure of being Dan's friend. Not a close friend, but close enough he told stories involving him.
After a moment of silence Serenity walked off and Peter followed behind (presumably with the samples) like a puppy dog. They borrowed a lab from a nearby God's Chosen College. There was only one in the nation whereas there were two GC highschools. Serenity secretly wanted to go to GC college in Denmark or Sweden but she didn't want to drop a language to learn a new one. Besides, most of her friends would be moving on to a God's Chosen college in America or Canada.
Serenity felt at home immediately when she entered the lab, a smile crossed her face without any choice of her own. She walked in slowly, running her hand across the lab stations, taking every opportunity to admire the feel of a flask or tube. She did this all with her eyes closed so when she heard a very deep and manly snicker which couldn't of come from Peter she jerked her hand back and broke a flask as her eyes jolted open. Her fear soon subsided as she recognized the man, the former leader of The Order of the Phoenix: Jaxon White; otherwise known as Jax.
"Jax!" Serenity let out in a high pitched shriek, wrapping her arms around him. It was okay because her arms were covered by her lab coat, no skin to skin contact involved. 
Jax been the leader during her freshman year and his senior year. He named his longtime girlfriend Cynthia the leader near the end of his reign. As a leader he was fun and lovable but unorganized. Cynthia gave the group the order it needed but lacked the spontaneity Jax had. Cynthia made it clear to Serenity she wanted to hand off the group to her when she left and who she wanted Serenity to leave the group to when she left. Serenity definitely didn't think she could fill Cynthia's shoes. 
"Yo," Jax said, returning the hug. Serenity soon backed away, Peter came in for a hug next which lasted much longer than Serenity's. "Where are the twins?" Jax asked, referring to his apprentices. It was commonplace for a senior to take on someone as their apprentice. It wasn't an official school thing, more of a passed down tradition in Phoenix. As a freshman in the Phoenix you had no rights, as a sophomore you could pick a 'freshman' which was basically the engagement phase to having an apprentice. As a junior you could have a 'freshman' and a 'sophomore' which was again, similar to an engagement. By the time you were a senior you had a 'junior' 'sophomore' and 'freshman' to choose from to take on as your apprentice. Cynthia took on Serenity, Jax took on the twins. The mentor to apprentice relationship was usually intimate but still provided instruction. Whatever the instruction was changed with the mentor (which you didn't get a choice over getting unless two people offered which you then had to choose between). Cynthia was raising Serenity in coming out of her shell. In Serenity's opinion, Jax was only teaching the twins how to be mischievous and get into no good. Jax called it creative leadership.
"I don't think the twins signed up. I'm pretty sure they're in the state but for something else. You should find Ash, he would know." Serenity said, applying gloves and goggles.
"Hey, how are you and Dan? Did you guys finally admit you like each other and start-" Jax stopped cold when he received an icy cold look from Serenity. It seemed to answer all of his questions and he moved on. "So, who's your new partner?" He asked.
"That would be me." Alessio's voice came from behind her, she turned and her team had entered the room. 
"Yeah and it's a no go on the D-A-N topic. She gets a little C-R-A-Z-Y." Jamie said, immediately going in for a hug from Jamie.
"I'm going to K-I-L-L you and hide you in a dark alley where nobody can F-I-N-D your rotting corpse if you or anyone else makes a reference to that man once more." Is what Serenity wanted to say. Instead she kept it to herself and stewed in her own anger about his name being mentioned at all. The lab was her least favorite place for Dan's name to be mentioned. The lab was her safe place, she didn't want it ruined with that persons name.
"So what happened with..." Jax pushed the topic of Dan a little further but in a lower voice.
"Smith." Serenity said harshly, referring to Dan by his last name, "and I had a disagreement."
"About?" Jax asked. He was always insensitive like that, probably why Cynthia was always pissed at him for some reason. It was always a running joke (when Jax attended their school) to place bets on when Jax would figure out why Cynthia was mad at him. It used to be a running joke to place bets on when Dan would find out Serenity was mad at all, though that was another story that would be told another day.
"Who knows." Serenity said dryly, memories resurfacing that she'd rather suppress. She remembered the time she'd thrown her Algebra 2 textbook at his head freshman year and gotten suspended. He'd raised his voice at her, getting mad about something ridiculous. Serenity liked to pretend she didn't remember what the fight was about. It hurt less that way. Even though she'd missed (purposefully) Dan ended their contract a week after that fight, right after she came back from suspension.
"Anyways, all of you get out. I want to get this done." Serenity said, clapping her hands together in finality.
"If everyone promises not to bring up The Scottish Play again will you let us stay for a while longer?"Alessio asked, easily getting to the root of the problem and cleverly comparing saying Dan's name to saying Macbeth on stage.
"Two of you can stay." Serenity crossed her arms.
"No all of us can stay because this research is unnecessary. Feel free to begin donating to the Alessio is Always Right Foundation." Alessio walked further in the room. "Since I haven't heard any objections I'll tell you. The Liahona is in the possession of a demon. Why would a demon not extract the Liahona from the ground? It will obviously come out of a demon after battle. Anybody with an IQ over two could of come up with that. I was disappointed none of you could reach this conclusion any sooner." Alessio crossed his arms.
"That's probably true." Peter said, "I lack Alessio's arrogance to make the decision without scientific backing but from preliminary testing I would concur." 
Serenity spun on her feet, sharply looking over to Peter. He'd spoken a complete and educated thought and scolded Alessio nonetheless. How had he gotten preliminary results anyways?
"I may not be first in the sophomore class but I'm not an idiot there's no way you got preliminary results." Serenity stuck her hands in her lab pockets. 
"It's easy, just dissolve it in water. Anyways, what are you in the sophomore class, sixteenth? Twentieth? You should know as much, an-nyways now that we've decided this being serious is boring I want to go- hey look this flask is purple is that even allowed?" Peter ran off to go check out glassware, his personality returning.
So he can control his own ADHD. Doesn't that break the entire definition of ADHD? This guy is just something else.

"I never knew you were smart." Jamie said, the only reason he didn't have Serenity's combat boot lodged in his cheek was she didn't want to damage anything.
"Not really, I'm twenty fifth in my class as far as academics go. Sarah is twentieth in hers. What is Alessio, like, first?" Serenity scoffed, removing her lab coat then her gloves. She was more than a little disappointed that she wouldn't be working in the lab but that was fine. She'd much rather be with her friends anyways.
"Second." Alessio crossed his arms.
"How?" Serenity was taken aback by the discovery.
"I have a 79 in PE." Alessio looked off into the distance.
Serenity snickered at it. The almighty Alessio was destroyed by playing dodge ball. Alessio shot a sharp glare at her but Jamie started laughing which made everyone in the room laugh, even Peter and Jax.
"Al, I love ya but you're a looser, man!" Jamie moved an arm to wrap it around Alessio but he stopped mid air. Serenity could tell by the abruptness Alessio was using his control over Jamie to stop it.
"If you find this amusing it will certainly amuse you all to know that I have the Liahona." Alessio stated, and within seconds you could of heard a pen drop. Serenity barely believed in the existence of the Liahona, but now Alessio had it?
Alessio put his palm in front of him then opened it, and when he did it was completely empty.
"Are you all idiots, where would I have gotten it from? Now, follow me and we'll go find the actual Liahona. Serenity are you wearing a skirt?" Alessio asked as he began walking out the door. Serenity quickly began trailing behind him along with the rest of his teammates. 
"I am wearing a skirt. I wasn't supposed to have to fight. This was a trip I signed up for as a chemist. A scientist." Serenity complained.
Alessio didn't address the concern because his phone started ringing, he picked it up and answered, "Hello? Yes? Cynthia? Ah. I do realize you don't like filing paperwork. You know, speaking of Allen's paperwork I noticed a few grammatical errors. When deciding between a or an you need to check to see if the first letter of the following word is a vowel. Also, you spelled his name wrong. It isn't A-L-A-N it's A-L-L-E-N. Also, you are aware that a sentence requires a verb and a subject? No, I'm not insinuating you're stupid, I think you do that fine enough yourself. No thank you, I'd rather not shove my opinions up my rear end. Okay! Goodbye!" Alessio hung up the phone.
"Wow, that was rude even for you." Serenity said softly, she didn't like the idea of Allen's death being used for vengeance.
"She's the one who called me and attacked me!" Alessio shoved open the doors to the college as he exited, clearly agitated. They walked in silence to the field they had been excavating. It was about a ten minute walk away. It was rare for something to upset Alessio so visibly, usually the man was incredibly stoic and didn't reveal any of his true feelings. Somehow, Cynthia just got under his skin like nobody else could. Serenity found that odd, considering she practically idolized Cynthia. She wanted to be Cynthia when she grew up.
"So we just stand here and fight monsters until one drops our magic compass." Ash said boredly, drawing a figure in the ground with his foot. Serenity rolled her eyes, thinking it would be something entirely sacrilegious like a pentagram. When she actually looked down, Ash was drawing a spell into the dirt. She knew he didn't have the capacity to use pure magic, he could only wield weapon-based magic. I mean obviously there were a few simple spells nearly everyone could do but other than that he only had one type of magic he could use.
The spell was a weather spell, Serenity had forgotten all of the weather spells but she guessed it was rain by the looks of it. She reached her arm out and materialized her scythe, because she'd controlled it rather than Alessio it was a normal size. She traced over the spell with her scythe and the clouds slowly began to clear. Serenity always wondered how doing things like changing the weather didn't completely destroy the atmosphere but she guessed that God balanced it all out.
Serenity's B in basic elemental magic was made clear as she wrongly identified the spell. The spell gave them a moonlit night.
"I'm taking Practical Alchemy and I can literally make food." Serenity told Ash who lifted his eyebrow. " Well, I mean, you still have to have all the ingredients. It's like that one Full Metal Alchemist quote: 'Alchemy is a science so it must follow the natural laws: to create, something of equal value must be lost. This is the principal of equivalent exchange.' What I'm saying is, you can't just poof things up. We call it magic, what we do. but it isn't. This is a science." She finished, giving the man a broad smile.

Ash gave her a smile back (though it looked much more like a smirk), "You should come over today and make me something. I never eat home cooked meals anymore." Serenity looked him over, the man was probably two or three inches shorter than her and currently had a gold colored hairstyle. 

"None of us get homecooked meals unless we go home main!" Jamie slapped Ash on the back pretty hard. Ash lurched forward and let out an unhappy sound at the attack. "I know Ryan gotta girl makin' him food all 'th ti" Jamie began to speak. Serenity drew her knee up high into the air, she swung her knee toward him then extended her leg sharply. Her foot gently caressed the hairs on Jamie's cheek. She then drew back her leg and clenched her teeth together . She felt bad for always kicking him.

"Try English." Serenity crossed her arms and look off. Jamie gave her this puppy dog look, with his eyes all cute and pleading. It was the kind of look that made you unable to resist the urge to take care of him. She'd been told she had that kind of charm too. Where being around her long enough made you want to protect her or kill her. Jamie told her it was because she was cute, Ash told her it was because she was a dumb w***e, Alessio told her it was because she simply reeked of an inferiority complex and average intelligence. Serenity liked Jamie's reason.

"Ryan has a girlfriend and she cooks him all the time. Cynthia used to cook Jax food too." Jamie said, "I remember this one time you were stressed out trying to make this cake for Dan's birth-" Jamie was knocked a good measure back by the force of  Serenity's foot hitting the side of his face. She didn't at all feel bad that time, what was a subject he knew better than to bring up.

"I don't remember," Serenity lied sharply as Jamie began to push back onto his feet, "Anyhow, I'll make something. I know how to cook- though it isn't anything special. Though, I'm not going within a mile of your room Ash. Not with those pentagrams up." She forced a grin on her face. It seemed to be believable because Ash and Jamie started laughing.

"We can have it at 'lessio's place!" Jamie clapped his hands together, letting out another one of his big jovial laughs. His laughs were always way too loud, but Serenity was fond of them.

"I'll partake in no such activity." Alessio said stubbornly, Serenity got the feeling he was listening the whole time.

"I'll make ice-cream." Serenity said in a sing-song voice. 

"I'll partake in this just once." Alessio quickly retracted his statement as ice-cream was offered.

Suddenly Serenity felt her scythe materializing in her hand, the long stick formed and then the blade jutted off of it in a sleek curve. She began rotating, looking for what Alessio saw. On her third rotation she saw it, she saw it right as it almost slapped her in the face. Her arms quickly moved, putting the flat side of the blade between her and the demon. These types, were dubbed kamikaze grade. They simply threw themselves at you and tried to claw your face off. They constituted the lowest grade of demon, Serenity was sure there was no way that one of them could have the Liahona.

She swung her scythe like a baseball bat, the force causing the demon to fly off. With a 'bang bang bang' the demon was shot out of the air (or simply fell because humanoid creatures weren't meant to fly) and crash landed on the ground.

"Did you know airplanes are a sin?" Serenity made conversation again, considering she felt there'd be no high level demons to worry about. Alessio clearly also felt that way as her scythe was slowly atomized. Talking allowed her to get her mind off of things that hurt. Talking was easy, thinking was hard. "Yeah, there are no spells for flight because human flight is unnatural and God doesn't want it. Then I guess he was pooping because the Wright brothers made one. He was super pissed about and declared airplanes a sin. Now the sin is a bit old fashioned, God doesn't really count it as one and neither do we." Serenity kicked at the dirt.

"How can a sin be old fashioned? Like, lol I'm God jk that was stupid you guys can wear clothes of mixed fabrics now and eat shellfish." Ash mocked religion, as always.

"That was all in the Old Testament but now we have the New Testament which did you know doesn't explicitly say homosexuality is a sin. The translation is actually a male prostitute. God doesn't ever talk on the subject so we pretty much regard it as a sin because of a lack of information." Serenity continued, looking off into the distance.

"Marriage is between a man and a woman. You're not supposed  to have sex outside of marriage. Homosexual sex is a sin, that's clear for anyone to see." Alessio said with a tired sigh.

"Let's drop the subject, did you know that you could swim in the same pool as radium and be fine?" Serenity said, her tone now becoming a little bored. She rocked on her feet, the soles of her combat boots becoming covered with mud. Simultaneously she pulled at her ginger hair, a little harder than would be normal for mindlessly playing with ones hair.

"Right now we're focusing on the Liahona. Later, we'll talk about what's wrong with you. You seem to be doing that tedious thing where you insist on an infinite loop of chatter. You do that when you're upset." Alessio said, telling her to shut up in a fairly nice way.

"Upset? I don't think so." Serenity said, seconds later her vision went completely dark.

When she opened her eyes again she was staring up at Sarah who was softly muttering what Serenity assumed was a healing spell. The girl groggily sat up and looked around, her hearing was a little off so she heard everything in choppy increments followed by white noise. Alessio seemed to be highly upset, pointing and barking at someone. When she followed his finger it was Ash who was firing a gun, his face also clearly displayed being upset. When Serenity's forest green eyes drifted to the gun, Ash wasn't shooting.

Serenity's hearing began to clear up slowly and her cognitive abilities began to return to her. She quickly jumped onto her feet, but lost her balance and fell on to Sarah who helped her up. She assessed the situation as quickly as her brain would allow it. Everything seemed weird, she couldn't put it together until she realized Jamie hadn't entered her eyesight yet. That's when she saw the situation. About a hundred yards down there was a demon holding Jamie hostage. How he was doing it she couldn't see, her vision wasn't twenty-twenty and she wasn't sure if people with perfect vision could see that far either. GC would pay for the medical costs of getting her vision twenty-twenty via laser surgery but she refused on the grounds of being scared of a screw-up with the laser. She trusted magic more, but that kind of magic was rare to run in to. Normal people weren't strong enough to do that.

Alessio clearly sensed her presence because in her hand she was holding her scythe. Strangely, it was smaller and less ornate than usual. Serenity inspected it then looked at Alessio, wondering if he just wasn't paying attention or he finally realized giving her a weapon taller than her was impractical.

The weapon was more lightweight, though because of the length Alessio compensated with making the blade longer. Alessio wasted no time because within moments Serenity was dashing towards the demon. The wind wildly whipped Serenity's hair accessory out of her hair and left her skirt flying behind her. It took her a few seconds to realize it wasn't just extraordinary wind, she was running at inhuman speeds.
  It took her nowhere near as long as usual to reach her target. She launched up into the air maybe seven or eight feet away from her target. Her body was launched into a backflip, several feet into the air- way higher than she should have been able to jump. When she landed she guessed she had just dodged some attack because there was a crater in a ten foot radius of them, shaped in a semi-circle. She whipped around faster than a lighting strike and sliced her blade through the demon's neck. It vaporized instantly and Serenity's world had just blurred by so fast she didn't even know what it looked like.
"How. In. The F**k." Jamie looked at her as if she was some sort of alien from mars. In Serenity's opinion she could say Abracadabra and have a fully cooked Thanksgiving dinner, how weird could anything she'd just did could have been.
"You were AWESOME! You were like- like a blur- racing-" Jamie's statement faded into the distance as she jumped into the air again. It was another demon, she discovered this when she looked down. Apparently Alessio couldn't get Jamie out of the way so he was simply left to brace himself. He swung his giant war hammer into the demon who simply disappeared and re appeared beside it. 
Serenity could tell simply by the fact the demon wasn't making any moves to block aerial attacks it didn't know where she was. Her scythe turned into a sword as she descended, she panicked because she wasn't formally trained with a sword. She'd learned weaponary magic so she could technically summon any weapon but that didn't mean she learned how to use all of them. Alessio obviously hadn't calculated for the basic fact he couldn't simply control her to do something she didn't know how to do. She could tell because she could feel his pull on her, trying to get her to do something; but because she didn't have the knowledge base in the first place he couldn't have her do it.
The demon clearly sensed Serenity's fear as he looked up and smiled at her. Serenity hit the ground. Hard. She quickly recovered though, ignoring the pain and backing away from the demon. That's when it happened, the demon transformed. Alessio had changed her weapon back into a scythe but Serenity dropped it, her fear overriding her Alessio's willpower. Tears slowly streamed down her eyes. Jamie saw it. Alessio saw it. Sarah saw it. Ash saw it. They all saw it.
"That's your greatest fear?" Jamie commented, standing still and simply staring at what the demon had turned into. "Who is it?" Jamie looked at Serenity, extremely confused. 
"F**k you. Do you hear me? You b***h. I'LL DESTROY YOU!" Serenity let out the last part in a depraved shriek. Looking at her you think she'd devolved into an enraged primate. She screamed out incoherently as she picked up her weapon and began to swing her scythe at the demon again and again without any regards for strategy or technique. 
With a single shot from Ash the distracted demon was dead. Because it had taken on a human form it was a body, and would be so for a few more minutes. Serenity didn't care, she fell to the ground and turned her scythe into a dagger. She stabbed the dagger into the body again, and again and again. Black blood splattering all over her face and clothes. When the demon eventually vaporized she stabbed at the ground where it was, a screaming, sobbing mess.
Jamie put her hand on her shoulder and said something to her but Serenity didn't hear it.
Die. Die. Die. DIE. DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! GO ROT IN HELL WHERE YOU BELONG!

Serenity was soon lifted into the air, but her brain wouldn't allow her to recognize it was Jamie. Her brain didn't have room for anything that wasn't what that demon just transformed in to. She continued stabbing and nearly punctured Jamie but Alessio atomized her blade before it made contact. In response she simply pounded at the man's back with all her might and screamed bloody murder.
When she was forced into the college a needle was sharply stuck into her back. The next time she saw the light of day again she was laying on a bed. She quickly jumped up, her pulse shooting up to an unhealthy rate as she looked around.
"You're safe." A comforting voice told her, slowly her adrenaline stopped pumping and she looked around. She was sitting on a bed with Kingdom Hearts blankets. On the nightstand next to her there was the Book of Mormon and a golden circular object. She then darted her eyes to where the voice came from and as she began to deduce, it was Alessio.
"Now, ignoring the elephant in the room for a moment we recovered the Liahona. We, as a team, are currently keeping this a secret. I frankly don't trust the school to have it, suppose one of the higher ups is the traitor? They could use it to destroy our clues. I'm planning on informing Cynthia of this who is currently sleeping on the floor and worried sick about you. As is nearly everyone else." Alessio spoke, Serenity blinking and trying to keep up with it.
She looked at the floor and discovered Alessio wasn't lying. Her entire team were sprawled various places on the floor, entirely knocked out. As were other people she'd made friends with. Even the Creator was curled up next to Cynthia on the floor.
"Now, we have a few choices here. We can either discuss what was wrong with you just then or not. I won't push you towards a decision and I can't speak for everyone here. I'm sure Jamie will be tearing down your doors trying to figure out whats wrong. By the way, that wasn't a figure of speech." Alessio said.
"I don't remember anything." Serenity lied. In her opinion denying things ever happened made them go away. Though encountering her greatest fear should have proved her wrong.
"I'd like to state my recognition of the lie you just told but let's move on. I played with the Liahona once we got home and I escaped nearly murd- kill- destr- slaughte- talking to Cynthia about the incident. You see, the Liahona works as a compass of sorts. It leads you towards where God wants you to go. I was led to Dan Smith's dorm then to yours. Coincidentally neither of you were in the dorm room when it led me there. After that it stopped, it won't work for me anymore. I would deduce that only you two have the capability to wield it, that means you and Dan aren't the traitor, it also clears me of suspicion but I don't think anybody was suspecting me anyways." Alessio put down his manga, looking Serenity in the eyes.
"What?" Serenity asked, burrowing under Alessio's covers. She pulled her knees into her chest, hoping if she stayed under there everything would go away.
"You did good out there. Your speed and agility increased tenfold when I took away the weight of the scythe. Don't let anyone know about that, it's the tactic I'm planning to use against the Creator. He has amazing offensive power but his defensive power is pretty much none." Alessio said, Serenity could feel his weight as he sat on the bed next to her.
"Somehow I'm always endangering someone. Maybe that's what my therapists meant when they told my mom I was a danger to society?" He said softly, Serenity stayed silent. 
She knew Alessio's backstory, she was one of only three people in the student body who knew. He'd lived in Nevada his entire life before he moved to go to a God's Chosen Highschool. His entire life before starting highschool he was treated as a freak for what he could do. He had a girlfriend once, in middle school. They met in sixth grade and dated for two years. She had magical ability, but the school had somehow lost track of them. Alessio and her made a contract without knowing what they were doing, and from what Serenity heard they were in love. The girl though, was called a witch and harassed. Sometimes she'd appear at Alessio's house covered head to toe in blood. 
One day, the girl came to his house and told him she was raped. Alessio went insane, controlling her and killing the rapists and injuring thirty or forty other bystanders. God's Chosen covered up the accident and submitted him to a therapist for his entire eight grade year, making him stay at home with a private tutor. The girl was taken away from him and shipped off to Germany for schooling. Freshman year he appeared at God's Chosen, battered and cold. The girl he'd loved had died over the summer between eighth and ninth grade. She was a grade ahead of him and had gone to ninth grade before him. In Germany there was no combat waiting period for freshman. She found a partner and whoever it was got her slaughtered. Since she was a minor she couldn't have a will, but she wrote a note asking for a certain object to be delivered to Alessio if she were to die. It was sent to Alessio by her parents, but what the object was, was one part of the story he wouldn't tell her.
"Maybe your therapists were idiots." Serenity mumbled, she personally thought Alessio was incredibly cool even if he was a little sadistic or psychopathic at times.
Alessio laughed, a genuine non sarcastic laugh. "By the way, I accidentally broke in your room and retrieved your diary. You like Hunter? Hunter Alistair?" Serenity could tell by his voice that he was grinning.
"You. Did. What?" 


© 2015 Broken Serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the new chapter but... wow... Alessio went through... he had... that is... I can't even... BELIEVE HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND!!!!!! HE HAD ONE FOR TWO YEARS!!!!!! DANG IT!!!!!! HE HAS SURPASSED MY EXPECTATIONS!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Broken Serenity

8 Years Ago

Yeah, Alessio is awwwessoommeee. Now it's explained why he's such a jerk-face at all times.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 8, 2015
Last Updated on November 23, 2015


Author

Broken Serenity
Broken Serenity

Oklahoma City, OK



About
I am but a firefly who expresses her own reality via pen and paper Alias: Broken Schooling: In High-school Favorite Activities: Writing and Drawing {Social Media} Instagram: @Broken_Serenity .. more..

Writing