Chapter 2 - Out of the Darkness

Chapter 2 - Out of the Darkness

A Chapter by Brutis140
"

A young man leaps through out of the dark, and is forced to fight for his life.

"

   The numbness was exceptional as I plunged my body in its entirety through the open door. I closed my eyes, not knowing where I was going or what would be there waiting for me when I arrived. It was seconds before I heard her screams, I opened my eyes once again. I only had a few seconds to analyze the situation, I was inside an office building that looked as though a hurricane had devastated it. To my left I saw her, she stood in a fighting stance, appearing shorter but more fierce than her usual 5' 6". Her shoulder length brown hair moved as she dodged the attacks from the surrounding Darkchild. She shook slightly, as though this was the first time she had encountered one of these creatures, despite the massive black scythe she wielded like an expert. I glanced around the room, There were five of them, all the same in appearance, dark hair and massive fangs. Some used their claws to swipe at her, others used darkened swords and maces. She glanced up and saw me, she gasped and then she spoke.
    “Damien, help me!” Her words were urgent, I knew that if I did not help now, it may be to late for her. I jumped forward, one of the Darkchild seeing me moved to intercept, I crouched and fired one bullet from my newly acquired pistol, it ripped through its chest with ease before i dug my sword into its gaping mouth. I collected my excitement for the first kill in less than a second. Another Darkchild was on my back swiping its massive claws. I barely turned around in time, still swinging my sword wildly proving I was an amateur. It dug deep into the Darkchild’s neck and it pulled upwards slicing through its skull like a hot knife through butter as I lost balance and fell. I hit my head hard on a desk, making my head spin for a minute. I heard Sarah yell my name, seconds before I saw the huge scythe blade rip through the Darkchild approaching me, splaying its dark innards across my blue dress shirt and tie. I almost gaged at the vile smell that reached my nose, cursing myself for inhaling at that second, I stood shaking the black paste off of me as Sarah despatched the remaining creatures. I glanced over, seeing a mirror on the wall, I took notice of my appearance, which looked as though I hadn’t showered for weeks. My shaggy black hair had red streaks running through some parts, my eyes were deep brown as they stared into themselves and a goatee that matched my hair, minus the red was neatly trimmed on my chin.
    “Done admiring yourself?” Her voice reached my ears and made me feel whole again. I turned to look at her, the scythe had disappeared.
    “Sorry, I just...” I didn’t get to finish my sentence, she had already began running full speed at me. She jumped on me, wrapping her legs around me. I dropped my weapons, they vanished into thin air, but I didn’t have time to think about that before she spoke again.
    “Don’t leave me, please don’t leave me.” she hung from me in silence for a few seconds before I spoke.
    “I won’t, I promise” I let her down, and I stood holding her before I realized that I still didn’t know where we were.
    “Where are we?” I asked her, and stepped away and sat in a nearby office chair and awaited her answer.
    “Were on the eleventh floor of the printing department.” The news paper? I thought to myself. I couldn’t help but wonder why we were here of all places, and I didn’t hesitate to ask.
    “Why here, I mean were at the printing department.” I pulled the crumpled pack of cigarettes from my shirt pocket and wiped the slime from it, before removing one and lighting it to ease my craving.
    “The man, I see he came to you also, he sent me here, and when I got here there was dozens of Darkchild.” her voice trailed off as she looked my way. I leaned back cigarette in my right hand, and I rested my left hand on my lap. I exhaled the smoke in my lungs and spoke to her with a sigh.
    “I am exhausted, what do you say we head back to my place and rest for a bit, then we try to figure this out.” She raised her eyebrows, as if she knew what I was hinting at but agreed and moved for the door. My surroundings had changed, it seemed like forever since I had been in my own home. The stale smell of unwashed laundry littered the air, and old pizza boxes lay open on the table, there grease spots reminded me of how much I needed to fix my habits before my arteries harden and my lungs spew tar. I moved across the room to my bed, she was already there, wearing only a tank top and a pair of cute little panties. I admired her as I removed my shirt, exposing a body that totally contradicted my eating habits. I bent and stripped off my pants and looked over at her as she looked over me, her eyes wandering my body, she reached for me.
    “Come here.” she spoke softly.



© 2009 Brutis140


Author's Note

Brutis140
What do you think, Should i continue

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, great second chapter, Brutis. To answer your question, yes, I think you should continue - this is good stuff. The only thing I really noticed missing was a mood of some sort. I get the idea that this story is somewhat dark, or can be for that matter. Therefore, throw in deatils that would suggest that. Also, what might be a good idea, is having your main character struggle a bit more in his first fight so that the scene at the end (whatever he's about to do with the woman) will come as a greater reward.

So far this is a pretty entertaining story, and believe me, I'm not easily entertained. I enjoy this sort of writing - action adventure and some good ole' lovin! Keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 23, 2009
Last Updated on February 23, 2009


Author

Brutis140
Brutis140

Stratford, Canada



About
Well, I'm not sure where to begin. I'm 27 years old and live in a small town, I work for a living and enjoy reading, writing, drawing, filming building costumes and props and animating. more..

Writing
Heroes Heroes

A Story by Brutis140


Dust Dust

A Book by Brutis140