Chapter 2 : The Faithful Morning

Chapter 2 : The Faithful Morning

A Chapter by BryanCX
"

What could go wrong on a beautiful morning?

"
  November, 12,2157 is the life changing day. Turning it upside down and haywire.The unforgettable dread that I always bear it in my mind.

   Every day, I'd always wonder how would the Elites wake up in the morning and get their heartwarming breakfast. Living high on hogs, their breakfast should be made with the finest ingredients and have various delicious flavors. I heard that they have some kind of artificial intelligence which helps them cooks food, and can do chores in the house, it sound incredible! As I sat up on my makeshift bed, I thought about the contrast between us, the Out-casters and the Elites. We were not as lucky as them, we have to wake up before dawn to check our traps for any animals that were trapped. Most of the time, I'd get squirrels, rabbits, or raccoons, but when you trapped a fawn, fox or other medium size mammals, you had hit the jackpot. Most traps are in walking distance, which saves us times for some others routine. Hunting is another way of getting food apart from traps, by far it is the most tiring and time consuming as you need to find the prey instead of it finding you. The easiest breakfast is definitely canned food, just take a knife, crack that babe up and you are ready to go. However getting canned foods are riskier way than the two method mentioned, you had to be very stealthy and dauntless to sneak into those Indigent's houses. Bad day for you if they caught you red handed and you are as good as dead. They will definitely alert the neighborhood to hunt you down and worst case scenario is killing you. Get even worst if they found your camp or tent, they will raid it and burned it down to the ground.
Then I realized that I am just wasting my precious time thinking about these useless thoughts.

  I got on my feet, looking through my storage chest to find anything consumable. I doesn't seem to have something. I might have to take an extra mile to go a check those traps I set last evening. I grabbed my jacket and slipped into it, grabbing my bow and my quiver. I clean up my tent which was full of paper and rubbish before I went out. I had ths tent since I was young, I still remember the first time I used it was in my grade 5 camping trip. My dad bought it for me and told me to take good care of it as I will always need it when I grew old. He seem to know about my future as the tent was really handy now. I have to put those rubbish in a plastic bag to prevent the odor from attracting those Scavengers dog's. While gathering rubbish in my tent, I felt something or someone was missing. I came outside, glancing around, I realized Hunter was not here. I make it outside,the atmosphere was cold and chilly, the sun had not risen from the horizon, the dark blue sky look very eerie, even my jacket can't keep the coldness out. I scanned the my surroundings, looking for
signs or trail of footprint that Hunter would left behind. The lush and dense bushes around me and the lack of light makes my search harder. I went searching around the area trying to look for a trail of him. Then a break through, i spotted a trail and it might just be Hunter's footprint. I quickly followed the trail into the dense woods.After following for a few minutes, I suddenly heard a faint noise coming from the direction ahead. I continued following the trail, a reminder came to me, I was heading towards the trap I set last evening. Hunter has to be near the trap. He sometimes give me a bundle of nerves. I step on the gas and head towards the trap.

  When i got there, I saw Hunter and I am relieved. I look around makes sure that no one was going to ambush me. While rendering my surrounding, I saw a blinking red light. That worries me as it could be something dangerous. I bite my teeth and walk slowly towards it. The slowly rising sun shed some light in the area. I pushes out the bush that was covering it, what I saw sends chill down my spine. It was identical to the one I had encountered with 6 years ago. It was the weapon of destruction used the Annihilator. We out-casters named them ''annihilator'' due to their ability and the power that they possessed. The Indigents and Elites called them ''Dues Ex Machina''. What makes me scratched my head was why it was here? Are they planning something? I have to get to the bottom of this, if they planning to annihilate us. We will not hold back, I have to get some information on it, but starring at what kills my parents makes me uncomfortable. It gave me flash backs on the painful experience I had to went through as a person. It took a bite on most important part of my heart, and I cannot get it back. I will never forget the pain and suffering I went through...
 



© 2015 BryanCX


Author's Note

BryanCX
Happy New Year to my reader! Feel free to point out those mistakes or opinion that i could change. From my point of reading, i can't see all the mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Be careful of switching from present to past tense. I was a little confused. Are you telling this story to the daughter still? Are these a series of letters? If so then keeping things in the past tense works, if not then I'd opt for telling the story in present tense. It's much more thrilling that way. At least to me. I'm in though, I wan't to know what's going on in the future world you have created.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Be careful of switching from present to past tense. I was a little confused. Are you telling this story to the daughter still? Are these a series of letters? If so then keeping things in the past tense works, if not then I'd opt for telling the story in present tense. It's much more thrilling that way. At least to me. I'm in though, I wan't to know what's going on in the future world you have created.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Read it. Still need to improve on the grammars used. Love to read more.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


BryanCX

9 Years Ago

Thanks and I agreed with you on grammar mistake indeed!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2015
Tags: morning, good, beautiful, dogs, tent, jealous


Author

BryanCX
BryanCX

Cambodia



About
I am working one my book TTGW: The Lone Wolf. Although I have to focus on my study, I will chipped some time off to write it. For those who support me and give me advised on it, I WILL THANKS YOU! .. more..

Writing