Chapter 3: The Hive ( Part 2 )

Chapter 3: The Hive ( Part 2 )

A Chapter by BryanCX
"

What will Sayer in the mist of confusion with the newly sprung up issues? Will he seek help? Or rather stay forever as The Lone Wolf.

"
    The footsteps of the Deus soldiers killed the silence. As they walked through the tall grasses and bushes creating a swishy swashy sound. The sound of it makes me sweat like crazy. I can hear the slowly approaching noises of stepped branches and crunchy autumn leaves. There were a group of them, a group of 3-4 Deus. I slowly and silently sneak back out of the tent to find Hunter sitting there, alone. I knew that I had to recall Hunter or else he will add fuel to the fire and eventually attract the attention of those Deus. I snapped my finger twice, creating a double clicking sound. He turns towards me and wiggle his tail. He begins walks slowly towards me without creating any noise but then he steps on one of the emptied canned food. Without caring about it, he continued walking and into the tent. When I turns back into the tent, hiding. I felt a sudden eery silent. ''Something is not right'', as I told myself. Where were those footsteps and swishy swashy sounds? I turned towards Hunter and saw shadow cast on the tent opening outside, I break out in cold sweat. '' A Deus!'', I thought in my mind. In the end of the line...
 

  I was frozen in fear, what should I do now if he spotted me. I was like a cat on a hot brick, couldn't think properly and be decisive. If the Deus found me, it is beyond recall. I still remember the last time I encountered them, I might say that the name suited them very well. I used to have 2 buddies, Jerome and Zack, they were imprisoned and was tortured harshly by the Deus. Jerome and Zack went scavenging with me on that day they were caught. I haven't seen them for 2 or more years now. They were shot by Deus while escaping from a raid in an Indigent town. Crippling them, unable for them to escape the ordeal. Conjecturably, I can say that they were dead, but it is plausible for them to be alive as most out-casters are kept alive so that those Deus could suck some useful information dry from them. They use this information to hunt down others out-casters who are posting a threat to the capital like; rebellions, destruction of Indigent's town ect... Thinking about Jerome and Zack gotten shot reminds me of a pistol that I took out from my survival kit. I take out my backpack and unzip the zipper slowly and silently. I glanced up making sure that the Deus ouside isn't acting up.  I look inside and couldn't see the pistol, my heart missed a beat. '' Where is it?'' I thought in perplexed. '' It has to be in here!''. I scramble through my backpack silently. Then a brief of relief, I found it under some of my cloths. I took it out and check the ammo, it is fully loaded. I felt something was missing, why there are not a shadow of a person outside anymore. As I brainstormed, I realized that the Deus outside was gone!  I scratched my head asking why didn't he notices me while being in here for that long?  Is it just that I was well hidden inside here, or he was just an idiot? Maybe those emptied canned food probably suggest to them that this was an abandoned camp. Giving them a reason not to waste there time in search for any out-casters here. I am glad that those Scavenger came today, making a mess in my camp that possibly saved my life. As I looked down at my pistol, I  felt like a dead dodo. This pistol's metallic bullet couldn't penetrate those shinny armors of theirs, or even leaves a mark on it. The shot power is too weak and the bullet is not strong enough to penetrate their armor. It used to leave a hole on those bullet proof vest years ago, but not in this era of programmable matters. They had evolved from the old school bullet proof vest which made from many layers of woven or laminated fibers and even metallic or ceramic plates that were used to absorb the impact to programmable matter or PM. Programmable matters are strong and sharp metal which can be programmed and to create into weapons or armors. From the smallest thing as a pocket knife into something as large like as a hand cannon. Turning into a weapon or armor within seconds, it is a cut above any other technology, but only available to the Deus. Still you can obtain them through Scavengers or black markets throughout the country. Nothing can escape from those sneaky hands of thieves and Scavengers. They will risk their lives for anything. You can get your hands on those PM for some rare item trades as only Elites can use currency. Out-casters and Scavengers uses trading to trade for items. Still, worth the trade if you are a weakling that couldn't defend yourself. Stronger out-caster, not very much, you could get cans and cans of canned food that could last you for months to go or could get some hunting weapons that helps you to hunt. We doesn't need these high tech weapons, just bow and arrows or guns will be enough for our daily lives activities.

  As I waited in silence for a few minutes, for those annoying Deus to get lost. Been an absolute silent for a few minutes. I started to inch forward bit by bit to check outside. As I popped my head out and glanced at the surrounding, I saw no Deus. I was tempted to step out, but at that second, I heard a blast shot. It was close by, I instantly pull myself back inside the tent. '' What is happening?'', I questioned. '' Did they notice me?''. As second turns into minutes, I can't stand the pace. Blast shots were fired every single seconds. I was on pins and needles, waiting to get shot and killed. This is it for me, any second now could be my last breath. As I wait apprehensively, I heard someone shouted '' Put your hand into the air!''. I was paralyzed, they must have enough of my coward hiding. This situation is cut and dried, they are commanding me to stand up and put my hand up. I have to give in, or else they will certainly shoot at me if I try anything funny. I began to slowly stretch my leg upwards, and began to walk towards the tent opening. Oh well at least I going to have some companies in the prison when I joined them. '' Okay! Okay! We surrender!'', someone shouted mysteriously. '' What?'', I asked myself in confuse. I struck dumb, so all this while those Deus were not referring to me. It is a bolt from the blue, totally expected as I thought I was the only person who the Deus would want to get hands on. I would be noticed if I just cross another step, I would be outside. I was relieved and was on cloud nine knowing that it wasn't me who is going to get caught by those Deus. Knowing that there no time to celebrate, I stay still inside the tent waiting for them to escort the person away, then I will have the chance to escape this ordeal. An aircraft came a few minutes later prior to the capture of the person, I heard the aircraft cranked open the door. '' Get in there, if you try anything funny, we are going to shoot your brain into smithereens!'', one of the Deus shouted cacophonously. A few second later, I heard the door contracts and in second it took off. The sound is music to my ears as  signalling that my ordeal is over, but I have to stay vigilant.

  I peeked out of the tent still having the thought of Deus around. I scrutinized my camp area and make my move. Heading outside, I could feel the intensity left in the air after that shoot out. I looked up and saw a clear blue sky, the sun was up about 45 degrees from the horizon. From that I knew it was about 10 o'clock. I have to get moving or else I will miss the my ride. Hunter wasn't even worried during the whole tormenting. I called him and gave him some treats to award him for his obedience. Leaving the camp behind my back, I traveled a few kilometers from here to the nearest Indigent town. The long journey awaits me.





© 2015 BryanCX


Author's Note

BryanCX
Please review and comment on any incorrect part. Thank You for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good, still need to work on it though... like the tenses. Can't wait to see what will happen next.

Posted 9 Years Ago


BryanCX

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Tenses and grammar are bit difficult to write correctly, therefore those I need to spend .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 27, 2015
Tags: war, journey, the hive


Author

BryanCX
BryanCX

Cambodia



About
I am working one my book TTGW: The Lone Wolf. Although I have to focus on my study, I will chipped some time off to write it. For those who support me and give me advised on it, I WILL THANKS YOU! .. more..

Writing