Frankenstorm

Frankenstorm

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Silence before the dawn

As the sunset gleams its final smile

Before bidding a small farewell,

At least for a little while.

 

Velvet black clouds shift,

In a forced uncontrollable direction.

Ocean rises above the land's surface,

Forcing itself inland with no objection.

 

Winds ferociously growl,

As if a monster was lurking the skies.

Raging over this sleepless big city,

Bringing destruction wherever he flies.

 

Rain hammers against glass windows,

In any instant they may crack.

Lights begin to flicker and sizzle,

Wishing for the sunlight to come back.

 

Tree branches and leaves scatter,

Cars and traffic lights battered and bruised

Destruction lurks beyond every corner,

The East Coast and my city's been abused.

 

A new day and silence remains still,

The sun emerges from darkness once more.

Civilization slowly returns to normal,

Never forgeting Frankenstorm's horrific roar.

 

 

 

 

© 2012 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


Author's Note

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
Being as I'm from the country, I've never been in a hurricane. As you may have heard Hurricane Sandy is barreling towards the East Coast, and I live in NYC. Some people are being cynical and saying nothing will really happen, but admittingly I'm a bit nervous as we were placed under a State of Emergency. This poem was based on my bit of fear for this storm and an image I had in my head.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Although I have been close to ...I have never been in one...I think you capture it though from what I have seen and relatives talk ... Great Write !

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yeah this storm was crazy. We got a lot of wind here. We also got rain and more rain! I had fear in my head to. It was so bad that I slept in our living room because the wind scared me that much. I am just glad it wasn't worse than it was. Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Purfect title, to describe such a monstrosity. I think we all fear these powerful storms, it seems you can't hide from this stuff anymore. It's fire...wind or water. Thank you for reminding us to be thankful once more...most of here on the cafe, have escaped the wraith of mother nature, but who's to say what or who might get hit the next time.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have to admit I was really interested because of the title... I've lived in Louisiana during a few hurricanes and I know the feeling of being scared from all that wind. You wrote it wonderfully and told an on key description of a storm. Hope you stayed safe in NYC!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am reading this a little late .. was away for 5 days .. Hope you are alright ..

Nature is often unkind .. and always a bit unpredictable ..

Take Care .. I feel the concern in your words .. Jazz

Posted 11 Years Ago


the analogies to the living creature, the monster...are wonderful in this....

"she's alive...she's alive!"

when i lived in Lockport, Ill...we had a tornado...our block was considered the worst hit...it was as if this uncontrollable monster had gone through our block wreaking havoc..and there was no escaping it.

visual piece captures the moments.

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


wonderful job you have done writing about the hybrid storm Sandy. I hope all is well with you and yours. xoxoo

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nature can be a powerful force. When I was young and crazy. Me and friends would suicide board the big storms on the California coast. I broke bones and damaged ribs many times. No better place then to be in the middle of a large storm. Allowed you to know how small we are. I like your thoughts in the poem. Always peace after the big storms. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice tribute to the hurricane sandy on the east coast...can't imagine having to go through something like that....

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is very well written. You captured it all. I've survived several hurricanes and you have every right to be in fear. Find safety before it approaches (haven't read the current updates) My dear, my heart goes out to you and all that this storm affects. You all will be in our prayers. I'm from Louisiana so I know what you're going through - except this one seems to have a cold storm clashing with it. I'm fearful for you. Get with friends, family and save all that means true to your heart. If you can get out of harms way, please do so. This is nothing to play with. And please as soon as you can let us know that you are alright my dear!!! Much love and many prayers to you, your family, friends and all in its path!

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

925 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos