Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kristen Liles

"Daniel," she thought. She had always liked that name. He was quite handsome. Raven colored hair, really pretty emerald eyes and a slight stubble only someone like him could pull off. "So," he said, pulling her out of her revine, "what are you looking up on your portable dinosaur, there?" She glared at him then couldn't help but smile. What was he doing to her? "I'm trying to find auditions.. Broadway auditions." He set his coffee cup down on the table and reached across it, closing the lid of her laptop. "Hey," she said, "what the heck-?"
"We are on a a good road to being friends here," he interrupted, "trust me you don't want to ruin it right about now." She shook her head at him and began to grab her laptop and never walk in to this Fivebucks again. "I will ruin all the friendships I want, thank you." She said. He smirked that little smirk again, stopping her. Maybe because she wanted to slap him, or because it was annoyingly cute. Maybe it was both. "What if I told you about the next audition on Broadway. The next real audition." She looked at him, hugging her beloved PC. "What do you mean?" She asked. He sat back, taking a sip of his coffee, "instead of searching the Internet, which never gets you anywhere, maybe you should try asking an actual connection. You know, a famous actor or a playwright, or even a choreographer. Like me." She blinked at him. Then, picking up her coffee and stuffing her laptop into her bag, got up from the booth and said, "that is not amusing," she began to walk out but then turned and said," and shave your beard." She started to walk out but not before she heard him say, in an annoyingly calm voice, "it's stubble."


© 2015 Kristen Liles


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very nice chapter. I liked the conversation and the ending. Had the feel of real life and real thoughts. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kristen Liles

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I am still enjoying the read. I am sitting here and having a good laugh at how this meeting is reflecting how such a meeting will be in real life and you have nailed it. Well done

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kristen Liles

8 Years Ago

I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2015
Last Updated on September 8, 2015


Author

Kristen Liles
Kristen Liles

TN



About
Hi there :). My name is Kristen Liles. Writing is my outlet. Just as much as theatre is. They are both near and dear to my heart and I hope to make a profession out of both. I welcome your comments bu.. more..

Writing
He... He...

A Poem by Kristen Liles


A Girl A Girl

A Poem by Kristen Liles


Masks Masks

A Poem by Kristen Liles



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..