Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kristen Liles

Alice was seething. People just amazed her. What kind of person does that? She honestly couldn't feel too surprised. She had been taking hits about her career choice from everyone. Even her parents...especially her parents. "I let him sit with me," she thought to herself, "I'm almost never that kind to other people." She decided to let it roll off of her. She couldn't think about this now. She had an audition to prepare for. Or at least prepare for when the possibility arose. Alice unlocked the door to her crummy apartment. She didn't exactly know why she even bothered locking her door. The lousy piece of wood was practically hanging off its hinges. Not to mention the fact that anything worth stealing was about 600 bucks she kept in a hollowed out copy of Wuthering Heights. But she figured if anyone was desperate enough to break into this apartment and tear up her bookshelf then they needed it more than her. Hopefully they won't spend it on coffee. She cursed herself as a memory of Daniel swam into her brain. She didn't understand why he was sticking in her head. He was just a random encounter. It was probably just the effects of her being single for so long. Maybe she was just going through a flirtatious phase. What if he wasn't joking.. What if he really was a choreographer? He certainly had the look of one. Not to mention the attitude. "No," she thought. "Not possible." She took one of her crummy pots from her crummy cupboard and decided to make some crummy ramen noodles. After her noodle adventure she decided she had had enough of searching the Internet and writing papers for her crap job. She was going out tonight. She put on some of her nicer clothes and some money and headed for her favorite bakery on 32nd street. She walked thorough the doors and the scent of sweet breads and fresh rolls swirled around her. She already felt relieved. She ordered a cinnamon roll the size of her face and a bottle of water. The sweet scent of cinnamon and fresh bread awakened her senses and slowly made her feel enlightened. "If you wanted to spend so much time with me you should have never left the Starbucks." She choked on her roll and wished she was hearing things. She looked up and saw she was clearly wrong. There, in all his stubble glory, was Daniel. She looked him square on and said, "and if you didn't want to spend so much time with me you never would have crossed this street."


© 2016 Kristen Liles


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Destiny is a real funny thing sometime. Just one thing should this line not read "What if he wasn't joking.." just a thought

L.V.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kristen Liles

8 Years Ago

I definitely see your point thank you I like that change

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 8, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2016


Author

Kristen Liles
Kristen Liles

TN



About
Hi there :). My name is Kristen Liles. Writing is my outlet. Just as much as theatre is. They are both near and dear to my heart and I hope to make a profession out of both. I welcome your comments bu.. more..

Writing
He... He...

A Poem by Kristen Liles


A Girl A Girl

A Poem by Kristen Liles


Masks Masks

A Poem by Kristen Liles