Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Kristen Liles

"Why would I not want to see you," Daniel said, "I mean you are just so kind and such a riot, why wouldn't I want to see you all the time." The sarcasm in his voice was so thick it made Alice want to throw up. "I just met you," she said, "you have no right to-"
"I know, I know. Look, I am sorry, okay? But you were not exactly the kindest person I've run into today." He sat down as he said it, so that he would be eye level with her. So that she could see he was telling the truth. That  hit her hard. She sighed and said, "Alright fine. I am sorry too. I just- you have no idea how hard I search for these auditions and how bad I work for them. You just don't play tricks like that on someone, okay?" Daniel rolled those enchanting eyes of his and hit the table making her jump. "I know you don't play tricks like that," he half shouted and Alice was thankful the bakery was empty. He continued, "I really am a choreographer and I really do work on Broadway. Come to the studio and see for yourself, here is my card." He shoved his hand into his pocket and handed her a small business card with  Dancing Through Life Studios written on it and his name, Daniel Reeves as the instructor. She took a quick inhale and cursed herself. She had walked by that studio many times... "I...I'm so sorry..." she said, what else could she say? Daniel relaxed and reached out to take her hand sending little pin pricks through her whole arm, "It's okay. Alice, if you want to get anywhere in this business you have got to be more trusting. To be a little weary is one thing but to completely shove off and be closed up is another and it will ruin your career before it even starts." She looked down at the remaining part of her cinnamon roll and sighed heavily. "I know," she said, "I just...really want this." Daniel took his hand away and peeled off some of her roll. "Of course you do," he said, "everyone does."  He winked at her and Alice rolled her eyes at him. "Come by the studio when you get the chance," he said it like it was a command and not an invitation, "let's see what you got and if you got talent I can find you an actual audition. Dear God child please don't suck." Alice looked up at him indignantly, "I do not suck" she said angrily. Daniel laughed and swiftly bumped the door open with his hip, "Of course you don't. That's what everyone says." and with that, he was gone again. 


© 2016 Kristen Liles


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can not wait for the next chapter
Well written

L.V.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 20, 2016
Last Updated on August 16, 2016


Author

Kristen Liles
Kristen Liles

TN



About
Hi there :). My name is Kristen Liles. Writing is my outlet. Just as much as theatre is. They are both near and dear to my heart and I hope to make a profession out of both. I welcome your comments bu.. more..

Writing
He... He...

A Poem by Kristen Liles


A Girl A Girl

A Poem by Kristen Liles


Masks Masks

A Poem by Kristen Liles