Shark?

Shark?

A Chapter by Calibaster
"

Read.

"
Tamrah didn't know what to say to that, except, "What?!" The young man just nodded. As if that answered the question. She took a few moments in silence to herself, taking it all in. Finally, she looked up at him again, deciding to take control of the situation,"Okay. We have to hide you from the government, or they'll kill you" He seemed to understand this perfectly,"And your name is too weird, so from now on, it's Roy."
"I don't like that-"
"Hey, it's for your own good." She had her hands up in a brooding position, "We can't tell my parents. They won't understand it at all." He nodded again, and she was happy to see that he was so understanding. Maybe all Kallfaree were like that. "Come on, I'll say that your parents are gone for the next ... uh ... month, and that I offered to let you stay with us." She was rambling on as she grabbed his pale hand and ran up the hill towards her house, "I certainly hope that the police don't ask questions." Finally they got to the farmhouse, and she opened the door, dragging him in behind her. "Shhh." she motioned for him to be quiet, not noticing him roll his eyes as he followed her silently through the house. "Tamrah! What are you doing and where have you been and- ... who is he?" 
"OHHIMOMTHISISROYMYFRIENDWHOISGOINGTOBESTAYINGHEREFORAWHILE!" Tamrah talked so fast that she was now slightly gasping for breath. 
"Is it okay with his parents?" Her mom asked after a moment of deciphering her earlier sentence.
"Yes, they're gone for the week." Tamrah was still flustered, but managed to give that shaky reply.
"Well then Roy, welcome to our house, you can sleep on the floor in Tamrah's room if that's all right." Tamrah's mother gave a brilliant smile before going into the kitchen. Tamrah was about to pull Roy up the stairs when she was suddenly caught up in a big bear hug, "Hey there Shark!" Her dad's loud voice broke through her squirming efforts to get away. Finally he dropped her and turned to Roy, "And you must be Royboy!" He laughed as he playfully tousled the young Kallfaree's red hair. Roy looked uncomfortable, so she hugged her dad back really fast before making an excuse, grabbing Roy's hand, and pulling him up the stairs. They finally got to her room and she closed the door with a relieved sigh before turning to apologize to the Alien for the informalities, she opened her mouth, only to be cut off by him,"Shark?"


© 2013 Calibaster


Author's Note

Calibaster
I hope you liked it! :) ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on August 9, 2013
Last Updated on August 9, 2013


Author

Calibaster
Calibaster

Springville, UT



About
It's been a while since I've even touched this site, but it's such a big part of my childhood and growth in writing that I could never bring myself to delete anything I've posted. If I thought tha.. more..

Writing
Worth It Worth It

A Story by Calibaster