Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Dream Catcher

“Is it just me, or is it bright and sunny out?” Jen, remarks. Her piercing black eyes peer at my rain boots.


“You guys know I wear my rain boots everywhere I go.” I seriously say. It doesn’t matter if it’s that Forth of July, I’m still wearing these damn old rain boots.

                                

“So, Lindsey. Up for a date tonight?” Wil, smiles. I know he’s joking. We’ve been tight since freshman year of high school. I’ll never see him past a friend.


We’re sitting in Cafe Mocha. It’s a tiny coffee shop. On Friday nights, you can come here to listen to live music. Tons of fun-not.


Jen and Wil get up to get a hot mocha. When they return, Wil complains about how the cashier was digging him. I look to see a grown man behind the counter.


“Don’t worry. I gave him your number,” Jen jokingly says to Wil, “Aren’t you eating, Lindsey?”


“Not hungry. I need to know what happened to me,” I explain, “Did I fight someone or get mugged? Attacked by an animal even?” 


“I told you, a squirrel on steroids.” 


How would I go through life not knowing what happened? I did come home beaten, scraped up. Looking like I saw a ghost. Why can’t I remember what happened?


Wil pulls his croissant from his mouth, “Well, you mentioned the name, Mark Crossfield, to me the other day.” Crumbs fall from his mouth. Landing on the coffee table.


Mark Crossfield. I’ve mentioned his name here and there. But why on Earth would I ever be “with” him?  



© 2011 Dream Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a good chapter. I love how she wears the rain boots everywhere she goes. It's kind of funny to me. She is interesting and her friends are interesting too. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you for all the reviews! They really mean a lot to me!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
I love the darkness and hope in these chapters. The wondrous thought that she can't remember what happen is enticing. Yet another great chapter :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wearing boots when it's sunny is actually quite amazing! This is very mysterious and suspenseful...good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Why is she always wearing rain boots? Sounds like quite the quirk if you ask me.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on April 17, 2011


Author

Dream Catcher
Dream Catcher

About
I'm seventeen years old. I'm from New Jersey and have hopes to travel some day. I love writing and constantly get story ideas in my mind but fail to ever write them down :( I also enjoy playing chess... more..

Writing
Alaska Alaska

A Chapter by Dream Catcher


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Dream Catcher