Why Did You Waste Your Time?

Why Did You Waste Your Time?

A Poem by Carol Maric

Created From Nothing, One Is Horrified In The Glass of A Compass, Exhausting Categories Of Change Or Inertia In A Whale’s Breath, Whose Fecund Utterance Wandered And Trailed, Speaking Of The Lunar Incubation And Reflexive Arc of Empirical Knowledge And Its Electric Signs--Of Which An Owl Without (Quotation Marks) Would Have Been Spitefully Perhapsed, In These New Depths Of Distractions. To The Roots Of Impenetrability, Ever Knowing Anything Of Inconceivable Scripts Of Sleeping And Waking Against The Calendar, Worms Walk Off, In Modern Light, On Those Grounds, In Freest Modus Operandi, And Swinging; Encounter These Bodies And Their Full Effects, All Their Wonders And Riots Of Living Phenomena Passing Afresh--A Call To Be Thinking.


Of A Meal : Through The Marketplace Massacres Of Capitalistic Flattened Time Perpetuated, I Saw (As One Who Looks Directly) It Burst, That Which Was Intolerable, In Its Nakedness, From A Cemetery Plot Of Raped Human Skin, As Deep As Sepulchres Trimmed With Armed Extinguishers, Who, At Risk From Banqueting, After The Starvation, Took All The More, Evening Over The Pavement--In Dante’s Time.


As Country X’s Growing Arrogance Became Manifestly Intransigent, Squads Of Soundless Lone Miners, Between Eras Of Opposing Continental Shores, Mastered Seismic Trawling Dilation; Losing Was A Forest That Spring (Of Blood Away), Wherewithall, A Language Digested--Making Coexistence Impossible. On The Earth Stood A Glass Coffer Inlaid With Sandstorm Membrane, Containing (Behind The Passions) A Rejection Letter From Was (Who Committed Suicides), Next To The Singer, Whose Exposed Throat Hovered In Paroxysm--Forming All Of The Unknown Derivatives Of :


Apotheosis! Apoplexy! Apogee!


--Outside The Library, Above An Open Book Of Chess, Archaeology, And Museums.

© Carol Maric

All Rights Reserved


© 2006 Carol Maric - Being: The Obsession, Continued . . . A Raging Epidemic !

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What I love about this is that it reminds me very much of William S. Burroughs and Bryon Gysin's experiments in cut-up poetry....although I am not sure if that was your intention here. But it really does remind me a lot of that kind of work...which is a compliment since I always felt they were taking the idea of "poetry" into different areas.

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...

Reviews

Well, I don't know you, and I've never read anything else by you (having deliberately suppressed the desire to investigate your other works before reviewing this one, prefering instead to permit myself a wholly unbiased and virgin perspective), but I find one thing striking about this piece:

When I am drawn to wade in the stream of consciousness and produce something akin to what Keroac refered to as "spontaneous prose" I find that I employ, as a reflection of my mind's path rather than by design, rather few punctation marks and fewer still capitalized letters, whereas you seem to represent the other end of the prosaic spectrum.

Admittedly, I have a difficult time evading the distraction of the aforementioned Capital Letters, but after several reads I found that this poem grew on me. As with all art of this nature it is unlikely that the images your words conjured up within me will match those within you as you produced the piece, but I found it to be very alive and bursting with a refreshing energy and life!

"Through The Marketplace Massacres Of Capitalistic Flattened Time Perpetuated, I Saw (As One Who Looks Directly)"

is the sort of sentence that ought precede any observation worth observing!

It is an excellent piece and my only criticism (to ditch the Capitals) is absolutely useless because They are a part of You and Your Poem and have every right to be there!

***as a side note, how can a suggestion ever be made for an author to edit his/her poetry for the sake of a particular reader...or even several for that matter?

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

I don't really understand this type of poetry, I found myself feeling somewhat narodic just reading it. The title of this piece suites it perfectly,and the piece itself is good. It just isn't
my style.

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Love it.

Posted 17 Years Ago


10 of 13 people found this review constructive.

makes me wanna listen to industrial music.


"On The Earth Stood A Glass Coffer Inlaid With Sandstone Membrane"
your minimization of conjuctives makes me wet.


Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Ah! But then. Fleetingly.... The quiet murmur. That...awareness....that she had striven for.... suddenly....came closer. Co-existence..perhaps... paradoxically, uniquely.... defying the great Dogma...WAS just possible.....

Perhaps.... there's hope...

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

you , well not simply, but you really kick a*s...


Posted 17 Years Ago


10 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Very good and love the style. Great job on a wonderful piece.

Posted 17 Years Ago


10 of 12 people found this review constructive.

nice consonant music, very opposite of what i do with content, but the music is real and that's what bends the mind.

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

ok, damned it..i like this alot..alot!

it reminds me of Barth. good one..i think i like you!

Razan

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

these free-flowing thoughts are incredible, very very original and dynamic, whoa, dig it...

see ya,
tony

Posted 17 Years Ago


10 of 11 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

547 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on April 24, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


DaDaLust DaDaLust

A Poem by Carol Maric





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5