DaDaLust

DaDaLust

A Poem by Carol Maric
"

PROTEAN NotUnTitled: The Philosophical Cantos / Canto I / WaitHereEyeSolAtes Cantos (III) . . . Nota Bene: This book is my Inferno. [not about or inspired by the Dadaist movement]

"


© 2007 Carol Maric - Being: The Obsession, Continued . . . A Raging Epidemic !

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - Do not reproduce without the author's permission--Links OK.

© 2009 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is more than art. This is pure fun. This is what covering your jean backed notebook is all about, it's like the inventor of the peace sign using the semaphore letters N and D for nuclear disarmament then inverting it and drawing a circle around it. Pure fun and it makes people scratch their heads because they are wondering what fun is. lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Is this writing or is this art? That's my first thought. My second is being visually captivated by the work trying to make out the images and then remembering that I'm 'reading' DaDaism. Well worked idea and daringly different.

Posted 17 Years Ago


26 of 28 people found this review constructive.

Have you ever thought of or created animated poetry - as in animating the words? turning them into mobile devices that might turn or reform and disappear and reappear, whatever? As through a digital medium like Flash? It's easy for us to forget that words are only symbol clusters - we attach so much meaning to them and meaning differs per perspective. They infect the brain (as Burroughs so rightfully claims). And then there's the whole emotional prowess of the font . . . We're so accustomed to our codes that when they get a little disheveled . . . yep, it's a mind f**k. Here's a fact instead of an opinion: No one could possibly tell you that anything is wrong with this piece and it matter. It is what it is. I love the title and the little squares.

Posted 17 Years Ago


28 of 30 people found this review constructive.

I think its easy to read

Posted 17 Years Ago


23 of 30 people found this review constructive.

I think you out Joyced Joyce :)
Actually I think I prefer this to Finnegan's Wake, it reads (to me at least), like Joyce meeting Burroughs in some meta-physical bar (Giger bar perhaps?).
Has kind of a "surf" to it ... like California Dreaming, not sure why that comes to mind, though I do admit that I am only just awake and I made my coffee too strong and I slept badly because I ran out of sleeping pills and since I have chronic insomnia ...
Wish I could write something like that, but I cannot, it would see too forced, I am more a chaos-stylist, just going from one thing to the next because for me that is what life is, an endless stream of consciousness that only makes sense because we imagine we are conscious.
Anyway, I like this ... it is like literary synesthesia :)

Steven

Posted 17 Years Ago


29 of 31 people found this review constructive.

Is it wrong for me to be confused?

Posted 17 Years Ago


29 of 33 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for the mindfuck.
This is brilliant, I have been dissecting it for the last week and I'm a little closer to insanity. Love the wordplay- love the way readers have to work at it.... I love the visual aspects- it's like looking in your mind. It's amazing.


Posted 17 Years Ago


29 of 31 people found this review constructive.

Wow... I love the format... you are an Artist :-)

Posted 17 Years Ago


30 of 36 people found this review constructive.

your poems are like bad acid trips - but in a good way.this reminds me of the album note for radiohead's ok computer.it's very visual (certainly more that lyrical*), and is obviously a concept piece.gold stars for originally - not crass broken heated love poems here!

Posted 17 Years Ago


31 of 35 people found this review constructive.

To make my point, i must uneasily cofess- i don't understand this! Which very more likely has more to do with my uneducated reading habits than any lack of clarity on your part. bringing me to my point- although i don't understand it well, i can FEEL it in my body as i read it, like some kind of low grade charge. This is a work of magic.

Posted 17 Years Ago


30 of 35 people found this review constructive.

oh girl you realy are lsd
once i wrote
i can't stop my brain ticking overtime, does that make me insane???

Posted 17 Years Ago


31 of 36 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4424 Views
191 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 12, 2009

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..