DaDaLust

DaDaLust

A Poem by Carol Maric
"

PROTEAN NotUnTitled: The Philosophical Cantos / Canto I / WaitHereEyeSolAtes Cantos (III) . . . Nota Bene: This book is my Inferno. [not about or inspired by the Dadaist movement]

"


© 2007 Carol Maric - Being: The Obsession, Continued . . . A Raging Epidemic !

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - Do not reproduce without the author's permission--Links OK.

© 2009 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is more than art. This is pure fun. This is what covering your jean backed notebook is all about, it's like the inventor of the peace sign using the semaphore letters N and D for nuclear disarmament then inverting it and drawing a circle around it. Pure fun and it makes people scratch their heads because they are wondering what fun is. lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very peculiar, strange i was listening to the soundtrack to a scanner darkly as i read this and it seemed to fit perfectly. Very well done.

Posted 17 Years Ago


42 of 47 people found this review constructive.

I felt like I was entering the world of Irvine Welsh for a moment!!! Actually, the originality and structure is unbelievable, very creative! Definitely nothing like anything else I've read tonight...enjoyed it

Posted 17 Years Ago


42 of 46 people found this review constructive.

Nice new way to present the written word. Inspiring too. Nice job. :o)

Posted 17 Years Ago


41 of 47 people found this review constructive.

dada! love this genre! great job--refreshing =]

Posted 17 Years Ago


42 of 47 people found this review constructive.

i like this really it made me so crazy and inspirational. its like a rain in the desert to me...great job!

Posted 17 Years Ago


41 of 47 people found this review constructive.

This is so surreal it makes me happy :) I can't even begin to comprehend it, but I feel the same way about all of my favorite works of art--you can never truly figure them out, which leaves them fresh and interesting. Fantastic!

Posted 17 Years Ago


45 of 48 people found this review constructive.

5 stars for originality! love the concept. love the words. the structure made it a difficult read. but certainly nothing like what i've read before. nice job.

Posted 17 Years Ago


42 of 46 people found this review constructive.

First off, I have to say thank you for the friend request. I appreciate anyone inviting me to read and critique their work. Having said that, I will now tell you my honest thoughts...

This poem, like most of your poems, doesn't really turn me on in any way. Now I understand that that's my problem, not yours. I assume that you are writing primarily for yourself, to fullfill your own needs, and that the approval and kudos of others are of secondary importance to you. That's fine, I get it.

For the most part, your stuff reminds me of early Sonic Youth records. It seems like the literary equivalent of guitar wankery for the sake of guitar wankery; the process is its own reward, never mind the actual finished product and its digestibility (if that's even a real word).

Those albums and their associated tours were probably fun for the band to record and play, but were (to my mind) pointlessly noisy and experimental. I have some of those albums, but I rarely feel the need to listen to them, and so I wonder about how much the band really expected to connect with anyone in their supposed audience. That's kind of how I feel about your stuff. Page after page of feedback howling at me from your literary amplifier quickly leaves me feeling numb.

Since I'm a music/rock guy, I will conclude with another rock-based allusion. I feel about your stuff much the same way that I feel about Beck. I don't really like his stuff, and don't have much interest in listening to him, BUT I'm glad that he's doing what he does and that he has a public venue in which to express himself. Whether your work (and his) means anything to me, personally, is irrelevant. It pushes certain boundaries that need to be pushed. It speaks to and inspires some people who might otherwise feel left out and alone. If your poetry resonates with others, and as a result inspires meaningful dialogue and creativity in the world, then your goal of attaining literary immortality will have been achieved.

I wish you continued success, inspiration, and productivity. And I'll even check in from time to time to see if something you post actually rings my bell...

Posted 17 Years Ago


49 of 50 people found this review constructive.

I think, therefore I don't know.

Posted 17 Years Ago


30 of 49 people found this review constructive.

wuah! insane. this is totally insane. but so very creative. beautiful!

Posted 17 Years Ago


33 of 46 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4429 Views
191 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 12, 2009

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..