Did I tell you?

Did I tell you?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                                    Did I tell you?

Did I tell you how thankful I'm for you, my dear Grandparent? You gave me shelter, shared meals and wisdom. You taught me how to live. To appreciate life, nature and laughter. Today I wish I told you more often. I loved you and without you. My life would of been a poorly lit journey. I feel your strength in my words and how I live.

Did I tell you how thankful I'm for you, my children? You gave me reasons to never give-up or give-in. I learned after holding my first child in my arms. I had true reasons to be alive. I watched you grow into strong men and women. You have honored me with your success. Greatest reward of a life. To have your children standing strong and proud.  I wish to tell you often. I love you and I hope life is fair and sweet for you.

Did I tell you how thankful I'm for you, my grandchildren? In my old age. You are my joy and laughter. You give me reasons to know; stay alert and strong. I want  to show you new places and things. I love to see your eyes filled with joy and happiness. Days at the park, beaches and baseball games. Our time. I pray I become like my grandfather. A patience teacher. I pray I become like my grandmother. Never a negative word and always words of love and praise shared for us.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Once, old age don't scared me. Today old age is welcome. I have learn. Real wealth is many grandchildren at my feet and love near. True wealth is having a open door for friends and the family. Lead with concern, kindness and love.

                           John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Words of wisdom, my friend.

Did I tell you today, that you are loved, and to cherish every day of your life?

Your grandprarent's, your chidren's and your grandchildren's, they all can be very proud of you.

Excellent work, thank you for sharing it.

Sincerely yours,
Sarah



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah. Without love and family near. What are we?
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

7 Years Ago

The world needs love, and so we, too.



Reviews

When someone is thankful they are truly blessed - and the blessings are deserving :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree and thank you Carolynn. I appreciate the comment.
I can see the indigenous influence in your words here. It's maybe more subtle than the first piece of yours I ever read, but it's there. Simple, straight forward and ever so eloquent.

Birthday wishes.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the birthday wishes and thank you for reading and the comment.
Beautiful words, full of meaning and passion. Tyfs!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment and kind words.
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Yvw! Keep up the great work!
It seems both of us are speaking on the matter of the value of family of late. As i get older i find that it is more precious And yesterday My daughter Aris whom i walked down the Aisle called to say I was to be a grandfather soon. I cant wait. Heres to living into old age. I am like you in one way for sure it seems neither of us thought we would make it this far

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

7 Years Ago

i am 57 not far behind you Thought id meet my maker by 30 lol
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Me too. Joined wars to learn how to live. I'm glad we both made it and I hope we have many more year.. read more
Tate Morgan

7 Years Ago

same to you friend
Your distinctive voice lends to the heart felt emotion of real sentiment and value that only family can provide and only a family can receive, it's denied to so many across the globe, one almost doesn't recognize it anymore, a perfect piece my darling, Bravo.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Thomas. Friendship and family. True gold in a life.
This is so beautiful, and truthful, and honest -- the thing that shines about your writing is your heart, above all else.
minor edits -- "poorly lit journey"
a semi-colon after know; stay alert and strong.
Once, old age scared me. Today old age is welcome.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

It is an honour to read your words and offer the help I can.
So many people love you and it's easy to see why. I dont know if you read what I write but you remind me of me in many senses. We need strong, considerate, loving leaders to direct not just the youth but all ages. You could blossom into something bigger than any of us could have imagined. Keep pushing on brother.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you friend. I appreciate the positive comment.
Wow! This is called knowing "how really blessed you are" :)
It is not and never always, the materialistic stuffs that can make us happy..instead it is the "people around" , who make our lives the happiest one!
Indeed, it is not the materials but our loved ones and their "true love" which makes us and our lives beautiful!

Thank-you so much for posting such a lovely piece, Sir :)
I felt more than inspired :)

Happy Writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I'm glad and thank you for the positive comment.
My sweet friend.....your grandparents must have known you loved them. Your children and grandchildren know you love them too. You are such an expressive soul. I wish you a happy birthday. May you have many more in good health and may you always know the joys of family and friends. This is touchingly emotional. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. Without friends and family. What are we?
Lydia Shutter

7 Years Ago

You are so right!
I love your definition of real wealth John, it's reflective of you and your values. My grandfather was an important figure in my life, he died much too soon. He was a good man and shared much of his stories and old world wisdom. I really enjoyed this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. We need our elders. They are our teachers and mentors.
Ana Papaya

7 Years Ago

They sure are. :)

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1295 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..