Did I tell you?

Did I tell you?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                                    Did I tell you?

Did I tell you how thankful I'm for you, my dear Grandparent? You gave me shelter, shared meals and wisdom. You taught me how to live. To appreciate life, nature and laughter. Today I wish I told you more often. I loved you and without you. My life would of been a poorly lit journey. I feel your strength in my words and how I live.

Did I tell you how thankful I'm for you, my children? You gave me reasons to never give-up or give-in. I learned after holding my first child in my arms. I had true reasons to be alive. I watched you grow into strong men and women. You have honored me with your success. Greatest reward of a life. To have your children standing strong and proud.  I wish to tell you often. I love you and I hope life is fair and sweet for you.

Did I tell you how thankful I'm for you, my grandchildren? In my old age. You are my joy and laughter. You give me reasons to know; stay alert and strong. I want  to show you new places and things. I love to see your eyes filled with joy and happiness. Days at the park, beaches and baseball games. Our time. I pray I become like my grandfather. A patience teacher. I pray I become like my grandmother. Never a negative word and always words of love and praise shared for us.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Once, old age don't scared me. Today old age is welcome. I have learn. Real wealth is many grandchildren at my feet and love near. True wealth is having a open door for friends and the family. Lead with concern, kindness and love.

                           John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Words of wisdom, my friend.

Did I tell you today, that you are loved, and to cherish every day of your life?

Your grandprarent's, your chidren's and your grandchildren's, they all can be very proud of you.

Excellent work, thank you for sharing it.

Sincerely yours,
Sarah



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah. Without love and family near. What are we?
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

7 Years Ago

The world needs love, and so we, too.



Reviews

This is a very personal write that I can relate to. We should be thankful for the people we have in our lives--even if they may annoy us at times. It's good to have friends and family who love us...it's the most precious gift of all. I love all my family and friends, and I want the best for each of them. Thanks for sharing this poem.

-William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree William and thank you for reading and the comment.
My grand mothers died when my parents were babies. My grand fathers when I was seven. Did not get to enjoy them. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

We can be a elders to other people children. In my lifetime. I cared for woman with children. A goo.. read more
very warm and rich. i really enjoyed it! i wish everybody got to have such wonderful grandparents, parents and sons.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

We learn from our elders. We need good examples. Thank you Rea. I appreciate the comment.
raven

7 Years Ago

you're very welcome.
amazingly written keep it up and well penned!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I appreciate the comment.
Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

welcome :)
Beautifully written and very well expressed.
Thank You for sharing :)!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KBW
One word. Wow. Wait. 2 words. Touching. Your use of words to express yourself is so refreshing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KBW

7 Years Ago

When you mentioned your grandparents at the end and how thankful you were for them it really touched.. read more
KBW

7 Years Ago

I meant beginning and not end on my second comment lol scatter brained this morning I guess
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I was raised by kind Grandparent. Without them. I would of had a terrible life. I understand your th.. read more
From what I gather, today might be your birthday . . . if I'm reading this right, I hope this is a joyful day for you (((HUGS))) . . . I love the way you honor the relationships in your life, a trait that is sorely missing in today's world, I'm afraid. People walk away without ever saying "good-bye" or explaining why or telling the other person how much their friendship made a difference in one's life . . . which is why I especially treasure the way you remedy this in your own circle of friends & family, as well as reminding the rest of us to not take people for granted. This is one of my favorite messages of yours that I've read so far (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. A life of someone who is not thankful. Would be a sad life.
Heartwarming and well thought out, Definitely seeing life from a wider perspective.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. Life is simple. Find something you love and do it.
Your poetry is a true depiction of what it means to rise above the materialistic world..To be rich at heart and hold onto things that define us in the truest possible sense.. that which will never be lost is what I found in your poem.Touched me to the core .. Good read :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Daisy. Old age teaches us. Need long vacations and time with our kids.
Daisy

7 Years Ago

Nothing more precious in Life :)
Aw Coyote, such beautiful sentiments, I agree, familial love is what its all about :) I'd be lost without mine.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree. I need the family near. Keep me going.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1295 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic