Wild roses

Wild roses

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


                              Wild roses

I knew her.
Her beauty had tempted me for many months.
She would dance with me when the songs were good.
She was a long legged woman who had wild blue eyes and loved the whisky and the long night.

I loved her auburn hair and kind and sweet voice.
She told me often.
"Wild roses grow where they want. They know pretty lies and story. The wild rose grow near the river and the thorns can make you bleed for the remnant of love is left and lulls the breath of wishes, that cannot be fulfilled. Old lovers may weep but the wild rose cannot."

I told her often. Free men fear not the wild rose. The taste of the sweet kiss and the loving embrace would be enough. Dark is the night and loneliness is the night when lover's wish is not fulfilled. Love is sweet and very dangerous. You will bleed and weep for love. Better to have slowed danced and known the gentle touch of the wild rose. Men, who do not know the blushing rose. They yearn for the dance with always.

She smiled and whispered. "Brave soldier who fear not the night or the ending. You shall know the deep sadness one day. The wild roses are free and men want to hold and control all things. I shall break your heart."

I brought her closer and I knew her words were true and I still loved and needed my wild rose.
                                   John Castellenas/Coyote





© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so beautiful and touching. I love these, what I call, "excerpts" from life; like an image taken from a photo album to gaze upon. I love listening to people, I love hearing about people; I love reading about them. People can be such fascinating creatures - and this was such a treat to me. Thank you very much for sharing this with us. It was a delight to read. Here's to the wild roses.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Alice. We need our wild roses.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
1VJ
'Sweet and dangerous' like your poetry, such a beautifully heartfelt rendition. Your poetry touches deep within the heart and soul.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Paloma. I appreciate the comment.
Man, nicely done! You speak to the pure of heart with this. Those willing to be hurt for the touch love. I truly enjoyed this piece

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Without love. What are we?
The wild roses of the world seem to be what us men are attached to.
I can definitely relate to this well written and delivered piece,
Thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. The wild roses make men wish and want.
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Oh this is lovely there's a real sense of romance here it's very pretty as is she. I like this one very much. R x

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you. One poem from my Texas days.
the wild roses are the most interesting, can't be tamed, can't be blamed for stealing our hearts...

and i am a sucker for auburn hair...
love this one...

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Me too. Auburn hair woman. Muse for us writers. Thank you Jacob for reading and the comment,
feels like....
a movie before me...
me, watching and enjoying...
great style of writing...
good dialogue...Poem like a movie...
great!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Anindita. I appreciate the kind words.
Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

you're welcome...
Very romantic story Coyote. I love it!!
Like a scene from a movie!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I appreciate the comment.
Ana Papaya

7 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

967 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2016
Last Updated on September 16, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..