The Waltz of the Angels

The Waltz of the Angels

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
            
            
     The waltz of the Angels

I told the barkeeper. Keep the long Island ice teas coming. Sunday morning is a-coming. I need to be blinded by the morning. He gave me a sad smile and he poured the five alcohols into the large glass. He handed me the drink and he told me. "Slow down Johnnie. I have called Jenny. She is coming for you. My dear sister is an broken hearten woman who loved you so. The damn drink will kill you before war and life. She waited for you and you forgot her face and her name."

I looked at him and with a sad smile. I told him. I didn't forget dear Jenny.  When I was away in Africa and Asia. I dreamed of her daily. I wanted to have her near. Do the Texas two-step with her till the morning light . My father and grandfather died when I was gone fighting wars. I decided war was more sweet than my family.  Beautiful Jenny needed more than a man seeking a early death in useless wars.

The barkeeper reached over and he tapped my back and my face.  He told me. "Man-up Johnnie. You were following your family tradition. Like your father and grandfather. You loved the road, you loved the wars and you have been a rolling stone that had dead-ended.  You have two choices. Wait for Jenny or run with your tail between your legs."

I whispered to the Long Island ice tea. I have loved Jenny since the first day I saw her in her tank top and short dress. She asked me to dance and I fell in love with her.  Her hazel eyes make me wish and dream. I volunteers for every active war to escape her. War didn't frighten me. Love does. When you love someone. Weaken the need for the road, the drink and the need to test life.

He smiled and he told me. She is here. Jenny came to me with tears falling. She asked me. "When did you return? I have been waiting for your call. I thoughts you were hurt or dead. I called your unit and they told me. Johnnie had fallen and he is in the Austin taverns. My Johnnie. Life is too hard to be alone. Please dance with me."



She took my hand and we went to the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around me and we Texas two-stepped  to beautiful song. She whispered. "I won't allow you leave me no-more. Dear Johnnie. Life is hard and love is sweet. I will take care of you my wandering poet. Please stay with me.  My home is large and the base is near. I'm your home and safe place for you  my love."

I looked into her hazel eyes and I told her. I want to waltz with a angel like you my Jenny. I don't believe I have anything left. But I will try. When I was in Asia and Africa. I thought of you often. I wished to feel your kiss and embrace. Dear Jenny. You don't want a broken man?

She smiled and kissed my face, neck and lips. She whispered. "Broken angels need their wandering soldier. No perfect life and we must try. Please stay with me and let's heal together. Let's allow love chance to be. If we don't. We shall know regret."

The barkeeper tossed out my drink and poured a coffee for me . He smiled at me and he did a hopeful prayer.
"Lord, please give us the strength to learn.
We are never alone.
Please bless the lonely folks.
Too much sadness dear lord.
Send some hope to the struggling.
Too many people waiting for death.
Please lord. Teach them to forgive and know peace.
Thank you Lord.

Jenny and Johnnie danced till closing time. Johnnie went to the barkeeper. Paid his bill and he told him. Thank you friend. I needed a gift of mercy. I truly appreciate.

                           John Castellenas/Coyote








© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

dear John... I love Sugarland... I also saved a veteran and nursed him through.
With the passing of time he has been my angel also. I first met him at Bronco Billy's
Country Western Bar. I asked him to dance, and he said, "not unless they play, "Because
of you, G-d made Oklahoma". I asked the band to play that song, and we are still
waltzing angels. "He walked across my heart like it was Texas... with his Eastwood smile and
Robert Redford hair. He taught me how to say, 'I just don't care'".
Lovely true to life poetry... truly, Pat

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Pat. All of us need the mercy of another person kindness. I was saved often.
Patricia Wedel

7 Years Ago

Bless you John... Thank you for your service... truly, Pat



Reviews

A gift of mercy? I saw Joey and Rory and had to read this. I love their singing and am so sad she passed away with her cancer returning. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree. I loved Joey. Her and Rory seem so happy.
Oh wow, This is really good, very touching

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Very touching depiction of life and love, and also a a description of all that sadness and pain we face in life.

I thought sometimes that I can not stand a single moment of this life, I was ready to give up everything, especially after my father's death. Why he left us?

"Dear Jenny. You don't want a broken man?"

I said almost the same to my husband one time, You don't want a broken heart of mine? But he wanted. Life is sometimes like a walking on top of the fragments. But life is also wonderful, when you look at all the colors in the trees, in the flowers and in the heavens. And the sea is so blue.

Hazel eyes, how often I do found her in your writings.

"Lord, please give us the strength to learn.
We are never alone.
Please bless the lonely folks.
Too much sadness dear lord.
Send some hope to the struggling.
Too many people waiting for death.
Please lord. Teach them to forgive and know peace.
Thank you Lord.

Amen.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah. All of us need support and kindness.
very nice one -- you have had pick of very wise bunch of ladies in your life ..
so much of wisdom in their lines..
its always good to read your stories.... so heart warming.
"Broken angels need their wandering soldier. No perfect life and we must try. Please stay with me and let's heal together. Let's allow love chance to be. If we don't. We shall know regret."

thanks for sharing this wonderful story

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Ria. I was single for 15 years in the Army. Army is nice. Put you on the coastlines or Tex.. read more
Ardra

7 Years Ago

so young to be in army..... mmm you must have spent lot of time travelling and war isnt it.. wishing.. read more
Sweet story, Coyote.. Did they dance forever? I do hope they did...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

We tried. Three times. In the end. Deployments and the Army won. Thank you for reading and the comme.. read more
Renée

7 Years Ago

Always a pleasure..
a wonderful story john,ans the music is great,hated to see joey go

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree. Joey was wonderful. We lost a good woman too soon and thank you for reading my friend.
 wordman

7 Years Ago

always`s a pleasure

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

749 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2016
Last Updated on September 21, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Smoke Love Smoke

A Poem by Paul Bell