She's crazy

She's crazy

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"

                            She's crazy

I was like my father I believed. I liked the whiskey and the gin. And I loved the women too. I believe I was a rolling stone who wanted the long highway and the new places. Home, was the place where I laid my head and closed my eyes.

I landed at Fort Hood, Texas. I left California in Winter of 1993 without any regret. California had the sea and she was too damn peaceful for me. I was stationed at Fort Hood, Texas now. Me and highway 35 became good friends. I fell in love with Austin, Texas. 50 taverns and dancehalls on fifth street. I befriended the bartenders with large tips and I loved the long legged Texas girls.

On a New Year eve night In Austin, Texas in 1993. I sat alone drinking the Long Island ice teas and watching the people enjoying the night. Pretty Texas girl with the kindest and bluest eyes asked me. Soldier, you are drinking alone on New Year eve. A handsome soldier shouldn't drink alone. 1994 is coming soon and no-one should greet the new year alone. I looked at her.  Long auburn hair, black mini-skirt and a dangerous look in her eyes.

I loved her tan skin and her long legs. I yearn to hear her talk. She was Texas, heart and soul. She asked me. Can you Northern boys do the Texas two-step? I told her. I would love to Texas two-step with you. What is your name? My name is Johnnie. She smiled and she told me. My name is Anna and I'm glad I found you. I'm alone and I need a kind voice and a friend.

We danced till 12 pm. At midnight she kissed me long and hard. We went back to the dancehall and we danced till closing times. Austin was crazy. 10,000 people overtook the city. Me and Anna went to the river and she took off her shoes. She sat by the river singing some Willie and some Hank. I looked at the stars and I told them. She's crazy and I could love her so.

She rose-up and she ran to me. She whispered. Time for some breakfast and later, We will talk till we are not strangers no-more. Johnnie, you are alright with me. You make me feel beautiful and I need to feel this my soldier.

I told her. I have no place to go dear Anna.

                                      Johnnie/Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What I love about your poetry, Coyote, is its gallantry. Tawdry honky tonking becomes young pure love in your hands. The lonely soldier becomes a white knight on a steed, if only for a little while. I ALWAYS identify with your ladies...and there I feel comfort in your thoughts. Thank you again for a brief escape....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Poet. I appreciate the kind words.



Reviews

I truly admire this,
My only advice is to look at your fourth paragraph again and I would break it up according to each character here because it gets a bit confusing as to whom is speaking here as one paragraph.

Wonderful and playful!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Josie for the help and thank you for reading and the comment my friend.
Gotta watch out for those Texas gals , they do be a bit crazy xD Brings back memories it does, nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Texas people were very kind to a soldier. Thank you for reading and the com.. read more
Wow! This is so good, makes me want to break out my stories. Awesome write

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Break them out dear Alex. Hemingway said. Everyone had a story. Thank you for reading and the commen.. read more
Thanks for sharing this story, I felt a strong conveyance of belonging and desire in this poem which is executed quite beautifully. I particularly enjoyed the part about going to the river and stargazing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. Austin. Good place to stargaze.
So powerfully written. There's so much raw emotion and honesty in the way it's written

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Faith for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1116 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2018
Last Updated on February 17, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..