I wanna fall in love

I wanna fall in love

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
I wanna fall in love
Once, I was seeking the Hemingway life. Running toward war and away from love and life. Somehow I found the J.D Salinger silence. Once, bold and foolish man. Now he sit by the sea wishing for last dance, more laughter and the sweetness of love words.
Creeping silence, creeping loneliness and creeping wishes invade my quiet mind. I wonder? Can once man, who loved the great storms, can the man, who loved love. Is he gone?
 Hemingway's life led this great  man to suicide in 1961 and I wonder what did he yearn for before he ended his life? Did Hemingway remember the pretty eyes women with perfect curves? Did he remember his beloved sea? Did he remember dancing the tango with a pretty French girl? I pray the dreams of war didn't drive Papa Hemingway to the taste of the gun.
I'm beginning to learn the J.D Salinger wish. To be left alone and to write for myself only. I feel my words are meaningless to people. I don't know. Old age, old disappointment and feeling I can't do anything to change my world.
I have met angels and I have met devils. Both broke my heart. Today I write a poem, a wish.
--------------------------------------------------
                             I wanna fall in love again
Love me right, love me wrong.
I have loved many things in my long life.
I have loved the sea.
She was my perfect storm.
I could touch her, dance with her.
I could not hold her forever.
I have loved love.
Oh, those beautiful and tempting eyes.
The gentle curves of a woman body.
Wonderous trips of hands and sweet kiss,
discovering secret places and perfect knowledge of emotions.
I remember the whiskey kisses and
two people falling deeper and deeper into the freedom of wild
and untamed love.
I know the sea will always befriend me and love did not.
The movement of love, hills and valleys.
Perfect places that can turn to hellish place.
I wanna to fall in love.
I want to dance with the Pacific and 
I want a kind woman to whisper love words under the midnight sky.
I want to feel again.
-------------------------------------
Today, I'm on the crossroad of life. Come alive or forget?
                  Johnnie/Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If these are just words, I will eat my hat.. these are incredibly beautiful words my friend, they make me want to dance by the ocean and on the tops of mountains with a woman who understands me and is free... Now that is what I call living...................Another great write Johnnie.............Neville

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.
Neville

5 Years Ago

My words to you are given freely and truly meant my brother... I also love your accompanying picture.. read more



Reviews

There is a naked vulnerability to your words, like you are baring the depths of your soul to your readers. There are few moments of true serendipity in life, and I feel like me stumbling upon your works was one of them.
You capture both sides of love, the passionate and damaging and the slow burning desire for a partner. If you don't have plans to publish then you should make some. The world deserves to read your words :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Mika. I appreciate the comment.
My favorite part of your message is the prose beginning, especially with the Hemingway references. This might be one time when you have been especially open & revealing in your words (which I really like). I myself do not want to fall in love again. I only want to write poetry about the IDEA of how cool it would be. Sometimes I think that’s where you’re coming from, too! *smile* In your poem, my favorite lines are about loving the sea – these sound even more passionate than your words about loving women (((HUGS))) fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Margie. Love is hard and the sea is kind.
I enjoyed this poem. To me it displays not only the tame and more subtle love but perhaps the wild and uninhibited emotion that emerges from "whiskey kisses" as you so cleverly put it.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Mari. I appreciate the comment.
As I stand atop a mountain of love I let tears flow freely down to the thirsty below...its what I hear in the winds of these wise words...knowledge is only one lesson in life and all lessons should be experienced so we may keep the good ones. Like the others, there are no just words...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Queenie for reading and the comment. I appreciate your kind words.
Every time someone leaves an author's note that says 'Just words' I'm left speechless, emotional, relating, and occasionally tearing up a bit. This poem, your writing, always leaves me mentally stumbling. Thinking, how the *** did this person write this with such intense and powerful emotion that I can feel it resonating within me. How words can tell a story so powerful, a vision so colorful that I'm left longing to be standing with you there. I think I have realized why I love the sea and the storms the way I do and the way you have written them together mesh so well. Hearing your thoughts at the beginning was a change in setting and I was hooked before the sentence even began, before the poem had even started. You, my friend, are a magnificent writer. Never stop writing, (or sharing if you can) because I will not stop reading any time soon.

- Lavi

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Lavi. I appreciate the comment. You are very kind.
You played incredibly with the words. I can feel every line you would have felt while penning it. Done well..
-sneh

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Sneh for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Come alive...there will always be time for forgetting. I am glad you do not write for only yourself. You are an amazing story teller and I for one am happy you are around. Great monologue and poem.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Just thinking of Salinger. What masterpieces lay hidden Thank you Crowley for reading and the commen.. read more
absolutely stunning. crossroads are never a bad place to be because you can always decide your own path from there. i hope that we can be friends and share our poetry together because this is insanely beautiful. keep up the amazing work!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

We can and thank you MoonChild for reading and the comment. I do agree. Crossroads are very importa.. read more
Yeah the whiskey kisses were so long ago... A time I choose to forget... Thanks for sharing

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ghost for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
There r not just words but truely dream you catched within words !!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Pooja. I appreciate the comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

607 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2018
Last Updated on July 23, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Couplet~ Couplet~

A Poem by lightsong