The White Cliff of Dover

The White Cliff of Dover

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Praying and hoping for a better world.

"
See the source image

The White Cliffs of Dover---



My father left my world this year. A WW2 veterans, he stood with his brothers. He went willingly and he knew the cost, could be.

Today my world confuse and ugly. We are finding differently in each other and forgetting the sameness we are.

Like my grandfather, like my father. I volunteered and befriended great men and women. Some of my good friends came home wrapped in the USA flag. Us soldiers didn’t see color and we would fight back to back. Share our pain, share our whiskey and share laughter and joy.

Once I was blessed. I saw the White Cliffs of Dover. I felt the spirit of cheering men welcoming the dirt of England on their feet. I remember when us soldiers spoke of home. We missed the forest, the sea and the faces of people waiting for us to return. I hated fishing and now I fish for my Northern Michigan friend. He told me often. I miss my Northern Michigan and I will fish for weeks, when I returned home. I go fishing with my grandchildren and I hope my good friend. Found peace with the soldiers somewhere.

Today I remember the old wars, the new wars. And there is chaos in the promise land. I pray we learn, we are different and we are the same. Please don’t give away freedom. Old soldiers fought for less government, strong people and opportunity.

It is November 2020. Time for us to be thankful for freedom. Time for us to heal. Allow men and women to walk/talk and be proud to be a American. Time for us to remember. Once great men stood and die for us to be free. Freedom isn't free, some paid with everything. We can’t accept hate no-more, we can’t accept talk of revenge. If we don’t seek even ground, seek places where we can heal and teach our children. We can overcome hatred and disappointment. Make the world safe for every child.

Many wars are still being fought. Brave men and women standing tall for us. My soldier wish. We can learn. We are just men, we are just women. Needing a safe place to live, opportunity and our children to know the sweetness of freedom. We must fix our own problems and remember the old wisdom. “Take a town to raise a child.” We need less government control and be govern by the people.

When a soldier is killed in war. Do not ask the color of the soldier. You will offend the soldier asked. A soldier, is a brother. Maybe, all of us. Need to learn the soldier creed. We are all brothers and sisters in our world.

We celebrate together, we fight together and we stand as one against the enemy.


Dancing Coyote

John Castellenas


© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
We need calm and peace now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is a strange truth that during conflict, the common cause leads to unity between those who might previously have been enemies or at best not friends. It happens in sport to a large degree. On a week by week basis fans of individual clubs oppose and some even go as far as hating their opponents. In football(soccer) it has often been tainted by violence. However when the players from those different clubs come together to form the national team then those self same fand become united against a new 'enemy'. I think giving people more power and having less government sounds good but in practice you replace one bureaucracy with another, less professional one. Perhaps there is a middle way; perhaps a scrutiny board of ordinary citizens should oversee political decisions. But......we go round in circles. Who do we choose, are we simply making the system more complex and will the chosen become simply more powerful. You raise so much in this piece Coyote John and your sentiments are just.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

But the government can't control all. I was offered to sign a paper. Where the Federal Government wo.. read more



Reviews

You always have a fresh take on anything to do with people getting along in our country & in our world, about the high cost of hate & war & revenge. I always agree with you 10000000%!!! In this piece, it feels like your passion is higher than usual & you want so badly to encourage people to stop the fomenting & division. I am proud of you for the way you use your platform of writing to try to make a positive difference! Happy Thanksgiving! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Hello dear Margie. Time to seek forgiveness and make our world safe for the children. Thank you for .. read more
There's such beauty in these words, and I agree, we need peace and unity. That image is absolutely breathtaking and gorgeous, just like these words. Wise, smart words, in a wonderful piece to read.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I wish we learn. We all bleed red blood the same wa.. read more
That is a beautiful picture of the white cliffs of Dover which meant and still does mean so much for those who love English shores. In the war, those pictures meant home. And you have your home too in the States, where you want to be and where you feel happiest. Conflict is awful and we don't seem to learn from it. Even now with Covid, the unseen enemy, there are wars being fought. More destruction, more killing. Peace and freedom is everything. You are so right, at the end of the day, we are all brothers and sisters and should learn to live in harmony regardless of creed or colour. We are people, thst:s all we are. Loved reading these wise words from your flowing pen Coyote. Have a lovely day. Remembrance day for us tomorrow 11th Nov.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Hello dear Chris. Remembrance day should teach us. We fought for freedom and we must do the same tod.. read more
Chris Shaw

3 Years Ago

You are welcome.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Yes. Peace and tranquility is the need of the hour. We fought for petty issues.. Forgetting the sacrifices on the larger causes. Freedom is everything and it comes with a price... We should not forget that. It is not only applicable in US but everywhere in the world
Very nice to read

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I agree dear friend. Freedom is missed, when we don't have her. Thank you for reading and the commen.. read more
Hey, I like your message here!
At first I was a little confused with the picture in England and then hearing about waiting for family to return to the U.S. But it explained further down.
I think the one thing that could be improved is cohesiveness.I really like your message but at times the themes seemed to be battling each other and made me wonder what the main theme was.A memoir writer once told me to take one aspect of your life and base it only around that.What is the main message you want to share with your audience? Then make sure everything lines up with that.
At times we hear about the past and fishind and another time we hear about not judging a man by his color.All good stuff, but not cohesive.Mixed themes tend to leave a reader confused.Other than it seems great!
Thanks for sharing your story!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Those White cliffs must have been a wonderful sight to behold. Such a unique landmark and certain to invoke awe in the war weary soldier. In many ways I read this as both a moral for the soldiers of the past who fought for freedom and for the people in the States today living through the trauma and chaos that 2020 has given them. There comes a time when all must embrace the beauty of the life and freedom they take for granted, put aside all differences and live together in harmony. With your change of government there is no better time than now to live in peace again. You have written a wonderful tale of truth and memories. 💛

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Marina. I am glad the elections are done. Time for us to heal.
My daddy served in WWII like my father in law and most of my family. That WWII generation learned brotherhood comes from the soul where all people are the same. Great poem John.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Cherrie. I agree my friend.
An inspirational write ...emotional

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Rosalind. I appreciate the comment.
we are all brothers and sisters, there has been so much war between politicians in our country, so much unrest.
Now is time for healing.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I hope we can Jacob and thank you for reading and the comment.
Beautifully written, John. We are more alike than we are different. Time to accept that and cherish it. The world we live in has been divided for far too long. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I agree dear Lydia. I am tire of the hateful voice. Thank you for reading and the comment my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2020
Last Updated on November 10, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..