The crying woman- page eight

The crying woman- page eight

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Another chapter.

"
                      The crying woman- Page eight
We relaxed till four thirty pm. We talked little and I went swimming alone and I enjoyed the chill of the water. Lawrence left and he returned with three books and he changed the music. I liked the music, no words, just music, taking me to a better place and time. I saw myself swimming in the Monterey Bay with my father waving to me.  After I spend one hour in the pool, I went and I sat with him. He told me. You are my Irish girl dream dear Carolina. Your hair of ginger like a resting sea-maiden near the sea. Your eyes, ever-changing and I know your mind always moving and wandering. You are a restless soul and you were held captured for too many years. I have a gift for you. He handed me three books. Hemingway, " Moveable feast", Jack Kerouac "Big Sur" and Jack London book "When Gods laugh". I told him. I love the books and what is this wonderful music Lawrence? The music is Frederic Chopin he told me. He whispered dear Aunti Emma make him create and I love the three books. Hemingway told us the truth and we didn't listen. Jack London words are so damn true. London told us, most men learn too late. We cannot win. God always win. We are just sheep being led to the slaughter. Better to be the wolf chasing the prey than trying to escape. Better to die with your pride in tact, not begging for mercy from the gods who had forgotten us. This is our decision dear Carolina. You asked me earlier. What do I want from you? This late afternoon, a slow dance near the pool and for us to enjoy some wine and some good food. I need some tomfoolery dear Carolina. He stood-up and he asked for a dance. I stood-up and I fell into his arms. He was still good looking, in his early fifties, dark brown skin and the blackest hair and eyes I ever seen. We danced to the flowing music and I liked the feel of his body near. He told me. You feel like a tropical paradise, a wonder lust dreams and a dangerous sea. Are you siren or muse dear Carolina? I laughed at his words and I told him. I could be both.
 We went to the kitchen. The food of spicy seafoods and the rib-eye steaks wrapped tightly and smelling so good. A large salad was prepared and two wine glasses and a bottle of red wine were waiting. I ate the meal slowly and Lawrence watched me. He laughed and he told me. Dear Carolina. You will become a Reno's legend. You enjoy the pleasures of life. We must Carolina. We had light conversation and we drank the red wine. A woman came and she cleaned the table and he told me. Time to prepare for the night. Thank you beautiful Carolina for the wonderful day.
I went to a private room and I found some new clothing. A silky black dress, black stockings, silky panties and bra. I caressed the softness of the material and I felt hot and sexy for the first time in 10 years. I laughed at my thoughts. I told the mirror, seeing herself in the bathing suit. I feel passion in my old bones and I smiled and I laughed. I dressed slowly and I twirled in front of the mirror in the black dress. I told the mirror. Am I pretty? I went to the kitchen and Lawrence turned and he saw me. He told me. Your smile, your laughter, for me is ambrosia. He came to me and he told me. Tonight will be your last night in the hotel Carolina. If you want? I can find you a apartment in Midtown. I smiled and I looked sad. I have nothing to give you back in return Lawrence. He embrace me tightly and he whispered. Life is give and take. I know Carolina, everything we want, cost something. Sometime can cost us everything we loved or believe worthwhile.
Coyote


© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Page eight is done.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on July 14, 2021
Last Updated on July 14, 2021


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing