The crimson light...

The crimson light...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

We must know darkness to see the light of hope. January poetry number one.

"
                      The crimson light

Forgiveness we must give, forgiveness we must know. Once hell-bound life destroyed by dead brothers and broken dreams. The evolution of life is fair. We shall pay for every sin we did, every negative words spoken. 

Been almost forty years and the tattoos memories made me learn. The sage of a good life. Is knowing love.

I went to wars, body bags many and I saw starvation in Africa. I learn my life wasn't so hard and I learn money wasn't happiness. A long time ago, I gave everything away and I sought the crimson light. I didn't want salvation, I didn't seek peace.

I played the wicked game of life and the kind gods wouldn't allow me to die. I remember in deadly adventures. I found holy ground where I saw children who needed my kindness over my thirst to find the good death.

Forgiveness we must give, forgiveness we must know. Maybe we can save someone, maybe someone will save us?

Dancing Coyote

© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think those who love and forgive in life....will find that returned in the end.
I really believe that...it is wise to own up to our shortcomings...we are not perfect.
and forgiving others shows we understand they are not either. Excellent write.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree Jacob. Regret and anger make us old very quickly. Thank you for reading and the comment. I d.. read more



Reviews

Wisely spoken dear Coyote...kindness and love is all there is and the world needs more, a lot more of it, sadly...

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree dear Ruth. We need more kindness, more conversation. Less separation. Thank you for reading .. read more
Life is just one lesson after another, and some learn them and some don't. The speaker here has apparently learned that life was trying to give him a message. He accepts responsibility for his acts and now tries to lead a better life. His main point is that we should learn to forgive others. True, and even more important, we should learn to forgive ourselves.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree my friend. John, holding regret and anger. A heavy load to carry. Thank you for reading and .. read more
Forgiveness... Whole volumes can be and have been written on the subject. But the hardest person to forgive is ourselves. A sad piece of self reflection, my friend. But wise, too. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you M. J. Smith. Life is a steady teacher my friend.
you are right about the darkness, such sadness in this write

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello dear friend. The good days, we do appreciate after the hard days. Thank you for reading and th.. read more
You are so right about the darkness Coyote. Without it, we won't recognise light. I thought about your words and their sadness. If we don't forgive ourselves, or others we won't find peace. Children can make a huge difference to the way we feel about the world. They are worth all the time we invest in them in my opinion. I want to wish you continued success with your writing my friend and a belated, happy new year. All the best from across the pond.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Happy New Year dear Chris. I learn. We are what we leave behind. I have five grandchildren. I try to.. read more
Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

I have four grandchildren, Coyote. I also try to teach. They are the future. Have to say it becomes .. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2022
Last Updated on January 11, 2022

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..