Nature's grieves

Nature's grieves

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

A old story

"
A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
" A old story "
Nature's grieves
 
She sat alone on top of Himalayas.Her flowing long blond hair covered her face. Her tears have been raining on Earth since the nuclear bombs were set off by the India/Pakistan war of 2016.  Beginning the deadly rain. Dropping acid rain killing all the agriculture throughout the Earth.
 
Today is the 1st day of 2036and the  Earth has become dark, lonely and a cold place. The land was dying and the hope for the few humans left was becoming less and less with each day. The wind brought the disease and sickness to every corner of the Earth.
 
The once green Earth was black and dirty. Water was polluted and man hunger to destroy Earth was at bay. Death was peace for the lucky and ninety -five per cent of Earth population was dead. Only the young and strong still has the ability to live now. The old ones died first.
 
The radiation was a terrible death and the body rotted from the inside.The hope and dreams of yesterday were forgotten. Now to live another day was a small miracle. The Goddess Nature has retire to the mountain after the battle to save Earth was lost in 2032.She only cries, leaving soft drops of her tears falling everywhere.  She cannot stop.Man has abused and destroyed the beautiful green Earth.
 
Polluted the great seas and killed off the animals who roam the  Earth. She prayed and wished God would help her. The answer was silence and she raises her beautiful face and cries out. Please help the people of the Earth.
 
Satan was pleased. He was wanting for the end and he saw his victory. He sat in Hell waiting for the last of the humans to join him.
 
Mars was resting in Hell. Satan gave him a place to keep a eye on him. Mars tried to sleep but the memories of wars tormented his soul. He watched overbearing nations create wars to test new weapons. Used children to fight wars. He watched slaughtering of innocence people and children. He dreams he was standing in the middle of a battle and boys of 12 years old killing like rabid dogs.
 
 He fell holding a child and cries to God.  Why is this happening? Silence was his answer. He went to hell and rested.
 
A old beat up building with two people sitting by a fire. The woman is sick and the man Jason was young. He looked outside. The rain has fell everyday of his life. The rain was a curse. It had  killed off all the food and drinking water. He couldn't remember a day when it didn't rain. He wished to see the sun once before he died.
 
Jason hold his wife hands. Her labor was difficult and she held her baby.They named her Kelly Alexander.The child look peaceful. His wife was sickly and he knew her time was short. Jason looked to the sky and he asks God. I know you have forgotten us. Please help my wife and give us a chance. He knew they were wasted words he said daily.
 
He never knew his parent. He was raise by Mr. C.  He was one of the few old ones left. Old C. would told them stories of when food was bought in stores and water came out of sinks clean and tasty. Now death was quick. The old dreams of yesterday now didn't mean too much.They were far away.
 
A man with powerful legs and dressed in white and he walked toward the shack.
 He knew he has to knock softly. The world was a terrible place and fear could cause problems. He knocked softly on the door and Jason awoke and ran for his shotgun.  He goes to the door and ask who is there? He looked out and saw a large man dressed in white. The man asked him, could he share the fire? He has food to share and water to drink. Jason knew not to allow stranger in,.but food and water was difficult to get. His baby and wife needed the food. He opened the door
 and he pointed the weapon at the man.
 
The man was clean and dressed in white. He thought he must be a soldier. His shoes were clean. Jason knew only the soldiers has vehicle and food now. The bandits got food on occasion, but they would not share with the poor and sick.
The man smiled and thank him for allowing him in and he offered bags of fruit and potatoes.  The wife got up and took the bags to the kitchen. Jason put the shotgun down, close by. She whispered thank you so much stranger and she offered to cook. He told her she was sick and please rest and I am Okay.
 
 He told her, the fire was what he needed. Jason introduced himself and his wife Angela. He pointed toward the baby. That is Kelly Alexander. The man asked Jason could he hold the child? He was so happy with the food and water. He allowed it.
 
 The man asked Angela to come to him and he touched her face. He reached in his pocket.  Gave her a bottle of medicine and he told her you need to be strong to take care of your child. The man picked up Kelly Alexander and sangs to her.
 
"Your hands and spirit will bring life back to  Earth.
You will be the shining star to awake a new world."
 
He handed the baby back to Angela and he told told Jason.  Walk 50 yards in front of your shack and dig 50 feet. Ensure you protect and cover it. The water will be clean. Jason thought he is a medicine man. He him him Okay. He begins to fear him now.
 
The man stood up and touched the baby face and he whispered..
 
 "You are the hands and spirit of a new day my Angel."
 
 He thanked Jason and he disappeared into the night.

                        Coyote
 





                        Coyote
 
 
 
 
 




© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old story coming true today. I would appreciate advice and help always.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'Nature's grieves'
Coyote poetry,
This writing is full of hope even though the foundation is in death. I found that my mind kept thinking that as long as someone cares about a solution there is always hope. You mention different images which speak to the love of nature and of a divine being as well. Great contrast. It is wonderful to enter into another's imagination and let go of the present. Yes war is brutal and death is too but in this writing balance is found in beauty.
Lovely work.
Kathy


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Than you Kathy. I wrote 24 years ago for my daughter.
Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Coyote, thank you for sharing your personal words as you did it was so real and moving. I wondered a.. read more



Reviews

'Nature's grieves'
Coyote poetry,
This writing is full of hope even though the foundation is in death. I found that my mind kept thinking that as long as someone cares about a solution there is always hope. You mention different images which speak to the love of nature and of a divine being as well. Great contrast. It is wonderful to enter into another's imagination and let go of the present. Yes war is brutal and death is too but in this writing balance is found in beauty.
Lovely work.
Kathy


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Than you Kathy. I wrote 24 years ago for my daughter.
Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Coyote, thank you for sharing your personal words as you did it was so real and moving. I wondered a.. read more
This one is really valuable, meaningful. I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

It is a complete story. Need a re-write. I wrote in 1996 in a day. Thank you for reading.
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
With God all things are possible, even things we will not like. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree. This story led to God and peace. Men hunger for greed, land and control. The free will. On.. read more
Patricia Wedel

7 Years Ago

dear John, your write is a wake up call... when birds
may be gone with their song only a mem.. read more
Nice work...the story of life is one where every precious commodity is being either lost or taken away...greed surrounds us and struggles for illusional power is being fedd in every corner of the world...sadly it will be the very destructiveness of man to end it all...nicely written work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Art. I appreciate the comment.
An excellent story. I like the sense of hopelessness the poem brings on, climaxing in a final gesture of kindness, giving the old man as a possible personification of god. You're use of Mars as disgusted with the ways of war gives emphasis to the gravity of the situation that Jason is experiencing, giving you a view of just how far humans have fallen. On the grammar side, I've not had time to read through all the comments, but currently in your title your implying nature is in possession of a pair of grieves. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, as you could be saying that someone is nature's protector, but I'm pretty sure you were going for the fact that Nature herself was in the act of grieving. I think the featured review covered up most of the other errors that appeared to me. Apart from those though, the story was excellent, and had the emotion that you normally display in your works. Once again an excellent piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Im not any good at grammar. I am still horrible with it today even after 2 college degrees. But the story kept me interested.....Make me want more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

to be honest im not so sure about this...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow very nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how you started it, it's a clear cry for help to change our ways. The story evolved very well after that too. As always, a great piece of writing that everyone should view and think about. A little introspection never hurt anyone, right? I look forward to reading more from this book :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Elizabeth. I appreciate the comment.
I think you can turn this into an epic story... it would be entertaining and yes have some valuable lessons as well on the way we continue to destroy the Mother that gives us a home.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1247 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 9, 2010
Last Updated on November 10, 2016


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..