Peace

Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Please listen to the video. His words mean more today then 29 years years ago.

"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpO0lsTQSs0


                   Peace

There is a name for war and killing.
There is a name for giving in.
There is another name for war.
The name is sin.
There is still time to turn things around.
Make all hatred cease.
Give another name to living.
Call it peace.
                 John Denver
                   1982



                      Peace

My poor baby.
Daddy loved you so.
Gun are roaring loud and near.

I have prayed to the Gods for peace.
I asked Jesus to protect the child.
I  pray to the Great spirit of life to bring wisdom to our leaders.

I sat and prayed yesterday with a Muslim man.
We cry together for the death of so many.
Then we pray together for peace.

I stood in the great valleys and asked for help.
I pray to the sea for peace and calm.

Men believe they are safe when war is far away.
When war is the purpose of a great land.
War is always near.

My baby.
War is man's great sin.
His hunger to control and show no kindness.
It is greed and hate.

Borders may separate countries.
But with each death in war.
A flame of life is lost.

Could the flame put out by hate and violence.
Been the spirit to lead us away from our hatred and greed.


                     Coyote
                   2011



© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Men and woman of peace we need. I hope you listen to a great man that is missed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And that is just the thing isn't it love? People at war who actually sit down and talk to the supposed "enemy" often cry about the state of corruption and sadness! This made me tearful...you have an awesome open heart and mind...peace is something that seems farther away each day...but positive thinking can bring it around....non compliance to unjust laws...etc...awesome work love! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A noble piece! Great!


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, so deep and powerful here,
Poppy sure has it right on the money here.
This is deep and profound.
I love this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lei
Peace!!! so many lives are taken; great armors/weapons are made for destruction not for peace.. men are called noble to unite each other for peace... But the more we want for Peace, borders were closed and walls were built....

i love this piece it talks about a true noble man who longs for peace.... this is a powerful work... and i love it, i do!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I guess the greater powers think they can bash a country into submission by going to war, unfortunately that brought about terror attacks etc. Where there is economic inequality and the need for control and boarders there will always be wars.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is what we need is peace. The peace we are missing is compassion for one another. The flame of peace and compassion are dying as the flame of hate and war rages stronger then ever.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You're definitely right about the message in this poem--no one ever wins in war; people just die

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Going to war to find peace has never made sense. The music that you added makes this write an even more emotionally touching prose. My spirit aches for those lost in the name of so called goodwill.
Thank you for addressing this issue that many will not. You speak from your heart, and soul. You, and your work are work a gift.
Blessed be ~ Jude

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really an interesting and powerful piece. ^^ Beautifully and very well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the way you use song lyrics to base your work on,the expansion of good ideas into something new.Good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When tolerance has a capital T and discusion has a D .. maybe us so-called civilised human beings will sit down together instead of committing murder by the millions, whatever our nationality and creed.

Your poem sparks so many emotions in me, of course sadness - primarily because i'm a pacifist and in spite of having seen and seeing the sickening results of war, i still pray that one day greed. that perpetual urge for dominance, the acquisition of borders et al becomes something of the a past - tho history still hasn't taught us lessons. At the rate we're going all that's been before, the billions slain in battles all over the world, will be thought as dress rehearsals for the Big Show - poof, gone! And all for the want of using weapons rather than words.

Maybe it needs a Poet to lead the way.

You instil sense into being, John, touch hearts and inspire. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2752 Views
120 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 3, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..