Chapter One : First Morning!

Chapter One : First Morning!

A Chapter by Catheryn
"

Hi! My name is Maaya Kuuchia, Freshman and attending Siliosa High! Wish me Luck!

"

"I'm going now Kirika!"

A voice shouted from the second floor, a young girl bearing long, blur hair and sparkling, blue eyes coming down from the stairs quickly with her bag in her hand and a worried smile plastered onto her face. She struggled to keep her red glasses in front of her eyes with how fast she was going down, and because she had tried to grab it when it slipped off, the young girl found herself tumbling down the rest of the way, a loud thump waking the small dog who was laying asleep behind the door. 

"Maaya, be careful!"

Another voice sounded, belonging to her older sister who was now towering over Maaya with her long, black hair just about reaching her shoulders. Her name was Kirika, bearing bright, silver eyes that emanated a worried feeling just as Maaya gave an embarrassed smile before picking herself up. She was the writer of the house, aging 27 with 10 books published. How good she was? Well, if you walk up to a random person on the street and mention one of her books, they would probably have read it and would comment on how professional she was and how great and wonderful.

But right now, with what she was wearing, she looked like someone who had just slept with her boyfriend seeing as though she had only a long T-shirt on with some shorts. Not quite professional. 

"If you can't even go down a bunch of stairs, how are you going to survive High School?"

She mocked with a smile on her face as Kirika patted her head,

"Or get a boyfriend as a matter of fact?"

This time, Kirika smirked, seeing Maaya's flushed face before her little sister walked away to the kitchen.

It seemed as though Kirika didn't understand the situation. This was Maaya's first day of High School, and around here, it's a big deal. She was attending Siliosa Academy, one of the most prestigious schools around after barely getting in. If she was to do something stupid like dress funny or even look funny, who knows what could happen? Maaya was afraid that she would end up making a fool out of herself in this place like she did Middle School, where she was known as the "nerd" who did all the homework. 

And so realizing this, Kirika sighed and sat by her in the table, Maaya not turning around to face her.  

Then, she suddenly hugged Maaya in hopes of comforting her, Kirika's hands wrapping around her neck and her long black hair falling over her shoulder and ticking her.

"You're gonna do fine!"

Kirika enthusiastically said, as if she were her mother,

"I'm sure that the little sister of the great Kirika Suzimiya will pass High School in a heartbeat!"

Maaya sighed and then gave a small smile, glad to have someone there as she tried to grab the bread on the table with her hands, trying not to push off Kirika, who kept hugging her and stating odd comments about her hair. She didn't want to push off the only one that she had left. The Only One you ask? Well, her mother and father had died in an accident, her baby brother joined them in Heaven after dying as well from a disease. Luckily, she wasn't sent off to one of her uncles whom she barely knew, but was able to stay with her 20 year-old sister who had to drop out of college to take care of Maaya. 

 Hm, did Kirika want to go to college?

Was it Maaya's fault that she didn't?

Those were the kinds of thoughts that were established in her mind, the thoughts that she would think with the mentioning of her parents. 

"But well---"

Maaya started to say before a loud motor noise interrupted her,

"Huh? Who's outside?"

Both girls turned their heads to the front yard, Kirika removing herself and standing up before walking over to the open window.  She looked quite exhausted as the young woman scratched her head as she took the steps. Probably because she stayed up late at night to finish one of the chapters. But, either way, what she saw allowed for a small, devious smile to place itself on her face, making Maaya wonder what was going on. 

"Who's there?"

Maaya asked Kirika as she grabbed the bread from the table and spread it with jam, taking a bite afterward.

"Oh, it's just Takeru, I think he's waiting for you Maaya~"

Kirika answered as she waved Hello to the boy before looking over at Maaya with a wink,

"I take back what I said about the boyfriend thing~!"


© 2013 Catheryn


Author's Note

Catheryn
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hm I think it's an interesting way to write. The speech "..." (what's what I mean by speech) and the whole format, including the color, is kind of distracting to me. But that's just me, It's interesting. I'm liking the big sister so far, but it has a pretty usual set up. I'm curious to see where you're going to take this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8D
I already love this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8)
Ontokki

11 Years Ago

No problemo. :)
Ohmygosh! that's sooo cute, I can't wait to find out more about the boy Takeru! He's sweet! Gosh, high school can be very stressfull of the first day! I feel for Maaya! I'm guessing there's going to be lots of interesting twists and turns! ;) That is what high school is about after all!
Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

^^
I LOVE this!!!! It is amazing and I can't wait to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

8D thanks!
well i don't really know what to say but awwww so cute

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

ooooo cool! who's the boy? cant wait to find out!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

blegh

11 Years Ago

oooo

i still cant find images like your charachters online :(
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

;w; Tumblr.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013
Tags: Chapter, One, First. Day, School, Romance, Story, Cute


Author

Catheryn
Catheryn

Canoga Park , CA



About
Schedule : Can't Speak : Muted Love - After "Destiny Apart" To the Beautiful You - After "Can't Speak : Muted Love" White Goddess : Code Angel - After "To the Beautiful You" Destiny Apart - Afte.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..