Skeletons

Skeletons

A Story by Centipedle
"

WARNING: melting faces

"

My head was aching, feeling like the walls of my skull were crushing down on it. When I opened my eyes though - I could see the slender but well muscled figure next to me sitting in a chair. His scent filled my nose instantly, and even if I could mildly taste blood as well I could tell it was Matthias. Carefully, I forced my body to sit upwards propped on my elbows for a minute. It seemed after I had fallen asleep due to fever Tori had dragged me to bed. The sheets soft and newly clean from how they smelled. I looked over to Matthias able to sit up fully despite the splitting pain in my head.

“You should rest a bit more you look like the dead.” Matthias commented, but I didn’t allowed him to push me to the bed again.

“I’ve looked like that since I came back - it won’t change so soon.” I waved my hand. “My souls what’s cracked.” I coughed for a moment, wheezing as Matthias furrowed his brows. Looking heavily concerned as I looked at him.

“Karrina is home this morning if you want to talk to her.” I shot up out of bed without even thinking. Opening my door without Matthias being able to stop me, instantly just letting instinct drive me. Down the hall and opening the door to the bathroom where her scent was. My eyes strained as Karrina turned around suddenly - a toothbrush in her mouth. Though, she opened her mouth wide as the toothbrush fell out.

“MOTHER?!” her surprise turned to anger and that anger turned into pushing me into the wall. Painfully as I felt myself sink into the foundation a bit - leaving an indent as I fell against the floor. I brought my hands up to my chest - gasping for breath as I lowered my head painfully. Letting out a groan as Karrina crouched near me. “Oh god I’m sorry I just - I thought that would be more enjoyable.” Well that was reasonable.

I looked up, still trying to get oxygen in me as I felt my temperature rising. Matthias stepped out into the hallway and rushed over. “Miss president what did you do!” Matthias placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Well if it isn’t obvious I pushed my absent mother into the wall because I was pissed.” Karrina spat. I smiled and laughed for a moment, it was good to see she still had the same attitude. I wheezed as Matthias seemed to speak for me.

“Call Tori right now.” Matthias ordered Karrina and the woman started to grab her phone. I could see Sonnie appear next to me but something was eerily wrong. My eyes widened, he was defensive growling with his hackles raised at Karrina. However the black mist was darker than usual and I felt my heart tugging on itself I couldn’t look away from him at my side. My ears were screeching with static now as I noticed Sonnie’s face starting to decay.

I couldn’t help but to let my jaw drop - I didn’t have the energy to scream. Just a breathless puff of air escaping my lungs as I watched his skin slowly start to drip off onto the floor. Like melting in acid- his muscles and the like liquefied and the beast let out a gurgled scream that only I could hear. Now just bone pieces Sonnie flopped over to his side and started to convulse. His limbs sprawling in front of him as his head sizzled from the previous scene that just unfolded. I felt nauseous, heated as I stood up dizzily. Feeling dissociated as Matthias and Karrina seemed to be trying to talk some sense but I couldn’t hear them.

I stumbled forward and fell directly on my face next to the creature. I started to cry, my heart felt like it was being torn apart. As I touched his pelt his mane burned like fire making me recoil as I tried not to let the tears fall but they coated my face. Getting in my mouth and my nose leaking as I sobbed. What felt like forever lasted only a few moments those as I felt a needle in my arm. Before Sonnie suddenly vanished and everything seemed to just instantly focus. I was out of breath staring down the lit hallway heaving my chest as I could not feel everything again. My body ached and I turned to see Tori there. Karrina and Matthias looking disturbed as I tried to speak but nothing came out.

“In bed. NOW!” Tori snapped at me mostly looking to Matthias though. “Carry her there and make sure she stays there - Karrina you can talk to her when you’ve calmed down and you can have a heart to heart talk. Take Hamilton with you as well but only when Matthias says she’s woken up.” She stood up and walked away before my senses were sucked out from under me again and I blacked out.

© 2017 Centipedle


Author's Note

Centipedle
I didnt list it as mature because I don't think it's.... that bad? But yeah warning for slightly disturbing material.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story. Re read it though for edits to grammar.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Not sure where I am here in this story. Is there more or earlier, paired writing? Did I start at the end?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Centipedle

7 Years Ago

This is the latest one I forgot to upload the other two to writers cafe
Dark story... its not one I have been following...

Posted 7 Years Ago


You have some interesting starts but you are jumping to something else before completing your thoughts, that leaves the reader hanging. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


The story brought me in. I wanted to know more. I felt a lot of things happening and were not written. I liked the tone of the story. Sad and cold. A very interesting tale my friend. Will there be more? Thank you dear poet for sharing the story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Centipedle

7 Years Ago

There's a first and second part of this I thought I uploaded them but I guess not - it gives a bit m.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You did well. I liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2017
Last Updated on March 8, 2017

Author

Centipedle
Centipedle

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hi, my name is Pedle as an online handle. Don't be afraid of my username! Note about reading your stuff. I try to review as much as I can if you are on my list below. But the best SURE way to get .. more..

Writing
Mindset Mindset

A Story by Centipedle


Sea Sea

A Poem by Centipedle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..