Friendship: A selfish bond

Friendship: A selfish bond

A Story by Wallflower society
"

A story I had to write for class, hope you enjoy!

"

During Chanel and Miranda’s friendship, each day seemed fresh and new like the red cherry blossoms that grew in spring around the neighborhood. They would gossip on Miranda’s front porch, their faces turning red and their hearts bursting from laughter, excitement and joy in the most pure and innocent way. Their identical black eyes shining from laughter and their shy giggles when the cute boy across the street waved at them. Their friendship lasted for over nine years, and they thought the happy days were everlasting.However, Chanel never knew what loneliness felt like until the day Miranda left two years ago. One day, Chanel was by a old drum kit in her grandmother’s dusty attic. She was hunched over, shoulders shaking, having nervous breakdown. Confused as to why Miranda had been avoiding Chanel, she felt like she was the only person who could calm her down. So, She gave her a phone call.
One evening, on Miranda’s front porch, she turned to Chanel, saying that they would be best friends until the end of time. Believing her at the time, Chanel agreed, saying that they would forever be like sisters and their bond was as strong as steel, it was unbreakable and would last longer than a lifetime. Filled with love and warmth, they promised to never let go of their friendship and to pick up each others broken pieces that were shattered by lies and betrayal. They sealed their new friendship with a hug and felt blessed to have each other in their lives.

The dark days of their friendship came at the start of high school. Since they went to different schools, Chanel and Miranda spent less time with each other and more time finding their lives without one another. Miranda’s social life became live and vibrant. She was popular and adored by many, while Chanel’s became practically non-existent. Their meetings on Miranda’s porch became infrequent and there text messages were no longer answered. They were slowly growing out of each other and they were content with that for a while.
The incident that truly killed their friendship was when Miranda ignored Chanel’s cry for help. A form of depression fell upon her. Suicide was never thought of, but all of the pain and sadness rushed in like a bursting dame. The only thing that seemed to exist was pure hatred that was so blind and raging that spread like a red wildfire, consuming all of the happiness and joy in her world. Miranda left during the time she was needed most, she broke her promises while Chanel was able to keep hers even through the depression. Forgiveness was eventually granted to Miranda, but their bond was never truly the same again.
Miranda’s absence did not leave behind boiling red rage, burning pain, or even a sense of sweet relief. Instead, she left behind a black hole, sucking the emotion and light she illuminated with her presence. Miranda left a hollow, numbing feeling that seemed unreal. Her selfish needs were like a punch in the face, and the memories bring back bleeding wounds that may fade but never fully heal. She stole the loyalty and love that all best friends should share and kept them to herself. Some may think that the end of their friendship is not a big deal, but loneliness is underrated, and it means everything to those who have no one left they could call a true friend.
During Chanel’s phone call with Miranda, Who showed no interest in wanting to help Chanel. Chanel’s throat was raw and burning from screaming at Miranda’s betrayal. After Miranda hung up, Chanel started crying, the tears were slowly falling down her face. She swore to never grow a strong attachment to anyone else again.
Miranda is still around, but the person she once was is gone. The kind, loving, amazing girl became someone who was distracted by popularity and admiration, and I ended up losing the one true friend that every person deserves to have. Everyone has to cope with loss at some point in their lives, and I guess this happened to be my time.

© 2015 Wallflower society


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on August 21, 2015
Last Updated on August 21, 2015




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114