Secrets Almost Out

Secrets Almost Out

A Chapter by CrimsonShinigami
"

Seraph

"

Seraph (Noctus)

                It’s all my fault, I should have never trusted her word for it. She’s lying in the infirmary all wounded and sick while here I am chatting away with these people. They seem nice and all but my thoughts are more focused on Shinoa than going to the café. Sure, Reev tries to assure me that nothing is going to happen but I can’t help thinking that I injured my friend just because I wanted to let off some pent up anger. Though being dragged wasn’t a luxury either, I could see so many people watching me and just laugh to themselves. The sight of that doesn’t make it any better so I just put my head down and hopefully let this whole situation go away. When we arrived to the café Reev told me to choose a spot and to stay put there. I grumbled his words and walked over to the middle once again and started disassembling the chairs. The girl Sadie helped me out by going to the other side to put the chairs and tables back into place. I could hear the people on the Mane side start chattering away about Sadie and I didn’t like it one bit. I sat down and Sadie went off to get some food for herself. I was left alone with Cynthia, there wasn’t much to talk about since she saw me being well vulnerable. She just sat down in front of me but she seemed like she couldn’t stay in her seat for very long. Her eyes kept wondering somewhere else as if she was looking for someone or something. Reev came back with the food and it seemed that my plate was filled with more than a dozen dishes cramped into the tray. I looked at him and asked him if he was crazy. He smiled it off and answered before wolfing down the hamburger.

                “You stayed by my little sister for the whole day. You barely ate anything so at least fill your stomach with something at least. Wait, no, you are going to eat all that food I delivered since I went through the trouble to get it here.”

                “All you did was stand in line and grabbed whatever seemed delicious to you.” He flinched and when he does that it means that I was right. I smiled to myself and grabbed one dish and started eating it. Sadie came back but she didn’t look as happy as she looked when she went over to her side to get her food. She looked down and when I called her name she glanced at me with his sad look in her eyes. I froze into place not knowing what else to do but that time in silence wasn’t held up for long. Cynthia’s friend and the one who yelled at me during gym class was waving and screaming up to Cynthia. As she got closer to her, she noticed that I was there accompanying her and she just gave me the glare where you are about to be hunted either it was that or she really wanted to hurt me or something. As she stopped in place the boy who thought it would be fun to put the Noctus people into place, starting with me was right behind her. That’s when I started getting a chill down my spine, I looked over at Cynthia who seemed to be lost in thought at the present time. I waved my hand in front of her but there was no response but when her friend tapped her shoulder she flipped her meal making it land everywhere. Well, except for me and Reev since we used our empty plates to stop the food from spilling on us. We looked over to them and saw her all flustered and was trying to clean up the mess. Her friend and the boy kept telling her to return to the other side but it was futile. The boy looked at me and I knew that I was in deep trouble. Before, I could react to anything I got a punch from him and went flying. I landed on my feet but I left some sole marking all over the floor. I looked up at him and he had this happy expression that I wanted to wipe off. I got up from my landing spot and walked up towards him.

                “What is your problem, Mister?” He took his finger and started twirling it in his ear and then he responded. “Did you say something? Sorry, but I don’t speak dirt.” I started to hear Reev get up from his seat. Damn, why is he so quick-tempered? I glared at him for a while watching his as he started to panic very slowly.

                “Well, you’ve got yourself quite the mouth there but I don’t think punching someone who did absolutely nothing would be very hmm what was that word again. Ah, yes, very noble of you. Have you ever heard of something called talking things out before you act on impulse?” I could already see his fist forming but I didn’t really care until I started to taste blood in my mouth. Reev grabbed my hand and told me that he could handle this for me but I really didn’t want to let him handle this. It was because of him that I hurted Shinoa and there was no going back from it. When I saw him bring up his fist towards Reev I pushed him out of the way and grabbed his fist. I held it next to my head and just smiled at him knowing that it would provoke him must further. I could hear Cynthia trying to stop the whole thing but her friend stopped her and looked at me as if he was going to get away with it. He took his fist back and just charged at me like a bull chasing after the red cape. I couldn’t move out of the way like in gym since there were people behind me and I didn’t want them to get hurt. So he grabbed me but I took his hand and twisted it where the thumb was placed and he leg go immediately letting me have full grasp at his fist. I used that hand and circled on top of him. He landed on the ground with me having his hand to his back. I once again got him into a position where I had the most advantage. I wanted to do so much more to him I had thought but I looked at him and let go immediately. I shook my head and told myself. Not now. Not again so please don’t come out. It responded to me in my head which made me feel weak. Come one we’ll have the time of our lives. I started having trouble breathing and my eyesight started to fade. I knew I had to make this quick. I watched him scramble up from the floor and was about to take another try at me but Reev got in the way. He always had tools so he could make anything that was in his reach. This time he made hand cuffs and tied up the boy to the table. He grabbed my hand and started running out of the café and back to the infirmary. By the time we were at the infirmary I could already feel it taking over my mind. I could hear Reev’s muffled voice telling me to hold on a little longer but I couldn’t it found a way for me to feel weak once again.

 

Seraph 8 years ago (8)

                “Mom! Dad! Alice! Where are you?” Climbing up the hill where it was the best view to see all of the glades. I was looking for my family but I couldn’t remember where they were. Reev and Shinoa showed up asking me if I wanted to play but I refused because I had something important to tell them. I really wanted to say it before anything else exciting happens then something different was stuck to my back like a stare of some kind. I looked behind me and there was someone behind me just smiling away praising me. I smiled at the man and he said I was perfect. He told me that there was something for me to see. I followed him to the temple where the powers of the people dwell. I didn’t go in there because it was an unspoken rule that no one was to enter until the aging ceremony but the man dragged me in there. When I entered the temple I felt something in me, something was going to make me throw up. The man kept mumbling to himself and that got me real scared so I tried to stop him from dragging me further away from the exit. I found out that the more I tried the more the man smiled well there was that and I got tired real quick since I was running around to find my parents. The man opened a door that seemed really heavy that it took him a while to open it up. He grabbed me by the collar and just threw me into the dark space, he then shut the door shut before I could run out into the open again. There was no lights and nothing was making a sound. I was truly scared that I fell onto the ground and flinched at something poking at me. I tried to feel what was poking me but I couldn’t make out the object.

                “Boy, it seems you are way too far from home aren’t you?” I jumped up and started looking around but my eyes couldn’t see in the dark. I looked around anyways trying to see who walk talking to me but there really wasn’t anything there. That’s when the lights all flickered on and the first thing I see was a big bag in the middle of the room chained to all four sides of the corner making the bag float in midair. I looked down at my feel and saw so many people looking way to skinny but also cold. I jumped back to a spot where there wasn’t any bodies lying around and I could hear the voice laughing.

                “Boy, you amuse me and because of that I wouldn’t mind keeping you alive for much longer.” I started to shake at the very thought of me ending up like the rest of these people. I went to the door and tried opening it but it didn’t budge. I pounded on the door but I knew no one could hear me since the temple was a sacred place that no one wasn’t allowed to go inside so easily. I stopped after my hands became prints on the door just like all the other stains that were on the door. I went back to look at the bag and the more I looked the more I knew that I was going to have nightmares about it.

                “Boy, do you want to have a look. Try it I bet it’s going to be worth your while. Come one try it. Hey, why aren’t you doing anything? Why? I know since you want to get out I can tell you a way out. Just open the bag and I’ll tell you no problems I promise.” I did what the voice asked me to without any questions since I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.  I walked over to the bag and started pulling on the chains, I could hear the voice cheer me on and when I got it opened I looked inside of the bag. There was nothing until I felt a very cold hand going up my spine and then I saw the hand wrap around my body. The voice thanked me and said something before he disappeared, then the door creaked open. I hid without thinking so see if there was someone else waiting on the other side of the door but I saw no one just heard a distant scream. I didn’t want to know what that was but I really didn’t want to stay in this place. I ran up to the door and say the man that dragged me to the temple was all broken on the floor. There was a very dark man standing above him, looking down at his body, smiling as if he was enjoying it. My legs gave out when I noticed that the man’s blood was warming up to my feet, putting a blanket on my shoes. The dark man stared at me next but he didn’t hurt me he just sat beside me. He had this lonely expression as I was trying to breathe or something like that, that’s when I noticed that the man started crying and just patted my head. It was very gentle and kind so I found myself liking his gesture. I didn’t run from him but I didn’t think that he would cut me. I could hear himself asking to forgive him as he pushed me to the floor. He was surprised when he found out that I was a girl but he whispered that he had no more time. He cut himself and made me drink it. He said a bunch of words I didn’t understand and poof he was gone just like that. I didn’t remember what happened next but I was in my room with my parents arguing outside. I exited my room and found a light in the kitchen I ran towards it when my father screamed out. “Why does it have to be our child?!” Mother started sobbing after that and I just stayed out of their sight looking at the floor as if I had done something wrong. I returned back to my room and went to bed thinking and thinking until the same voice from the temple started talking to me. He seemed like a nice fellow but he told me not to trust him and that it would get worse as time progressed. I really didn’t understand anything and I really didn’t think that having him use me would be such a curse.

Present time

                I woke up in the infirmary, I couldn’t tell if the room was naturally quiet or that my ears stopped working once again. The dream of my past wasn’t very pleasing as I was hoping that I would forget it. I started to watch my line of sight become clearer as I continue to stare at the ceiling counting the seconds to pass the time. The last thing I remember was being rushed in getting here but something didn’t feel right. I looked around and no one was there so I was getting out of bed. I opened the curtains and I saw Reev and Shinoa yelling at each other but I couldn’t hear it. I fiddled with my ears trying to get them to work but it was no good. I walked away quietly but somehow they found out and dragged me back to bed. Shinoa felt around in my jacket pockets and found the needle. She said something to me but I went back to looking at the ceiling. That was when I felt a prick on my neck, so with a sudden movement I covered my neck as if I had something to hide from it. Shinoa just smiled away and that’s when I knew she was not going to let me out of this. Reev was sulking in the chair and Shinoa looked at his with pride and confidence. My ears began to make popping sounds and I could hear the constant steps just outside of the door. I asked who was it at the door, Shinoa looked at me funny and went to the door and started dragging the people who were somehow involved with the incident in the cafeteria. I didn’t want to see them so I got myself out of the bed and started to get to the door. The man from before stood in my way, I really didn’t want to deal with him not when “Jack” was whispering in my mind on how to make him pay. I took my hand and just shoved him out of the way, that’s when I felt a brush of wind coming from my back I twirled around just in time to dodge the man’s kick. I watched him fall then I remembered that this wasn’t their side. I grabbed the man and twisted his hand to his back and I could hear his pain as I steadily brought his hand near alignment with his spine. I jerked him right back up making him stand and walked with him to the café. The people started whispering but I didn’t really care. When we got to the middle I released him and told him that without permission he mustn’t go back into the building or else there will be consequences. He didn’t listen to me so I walked up to him and my hand was already at his throat. In one swift moment he found himself on the ground and my knee was pressed up on his rib cage that’s when I found a glimpse of fear in his eyes. I let him go once again and just walked away. The girl that was with him rushed to his side while Cynthia had this angry look on her face. Sadie had a mixture of happiness and maybe some sympathy. I returned to my room without a word and went straight to bed.

                When I woke up, Sadie was still asleep so before waking her up went out to the gym to run for a bit and came back to change. When I finished, I woke her up and exited the room since we weren’t that close. I waited for her and when she was finished we went to the manager and made arrangements for her to live on the 30th floor since there wasn’t much up there and most of the people have moved in with each other since they came in as a family. We talked about many things but sometimes I get the feeling that she is somewhat scared but when I put some distance between us she gets sad. I don’t really know what to do next at all so we proceeded to go eat and went off to school. I was mostly avoided by the other class since I did do something outrageous and because of that I have been labeled as someone not to be associated with. Classes ended without anything special but today all of us were going around to see other parts of the city just because no one likes staying cooped up at home. I grouped up with Reev, Sadie and Shinoa. We started walking until we past the man that caused so much trouble yesterday. He kept spewing insults in the air but I kept no mind to it since I know beforehand that he’s all bark but he cannot chew much. When I walked past him, he just never seemed to get enough of his humiliation, he got in my way by blocking the gate outside the school and just stood there with the rest of his classmates. Reev and the others were already on the other side of him since they did nothing wrong. I just stared at him with nothing in mind, I tried to push past him but he pushed my back and I fell to the ground. He started laughing while the others laughed with him and the bystanders started forming a circle just to make sure I didn’t escape elsewhere. I didn’t want to cause too much trouble for them so I took the easiest way out. I backed up to the other side of the circle where the man stood and I started running towards him. Near 2/3 of the way I jumped over all of them and smiled at him as I landed right behind his back. I pushed him so he would fall on the ground and his friends started swarming after him. I grabbed my bag that was dirtied and started dusting it off, when I finished I pat Sadie and Reev’s back to make them walk forward without any other delays. I heard many curse words going towards me but I just started talking to the others.

                We visited only the west side of the town and apparently these people made a town where rich girls from private schools can only enter. When Sadie asked if I wanted to see what it was like I didn’t hesitate with a firm no. Shinoa and Sadie started bugging me after that for the whole trip back. When we got back we started helping Sadie with her moving and man she has a lot of stuff but there was no worries she was the only one who takes the elevator or so they call it. It truly is a machine for the devils, these people are too lazy to walk up some stairs it’s a wonder how they stay alive up until now. Since I did some of the textbook questions beforehand I had a lot of spare time to do while the others wreak their brains out on finishing it. I walked around the 20th floor and started fixing up some of the rooms for the kids since they also came along just to experience the new city. I went into a room where no one seemed to like going since it was so isolated from the rest of the area. I thought might as well use this room for a playground for the kids or something like that but my image was a bit too small for it. I decided to split the room in half so the kids who have assignments could make use of it finishing it in a quiet work space. I build a door bell system in the room so when it was time for food or curfew they could just push it and everything would shut off. I made the wall for the playground area soft of the kids couldn’t hurt each other when hitting the wall or something. I made the other side of the wall with a soundproof wall they use in the theatres so the people inside don’t have to hear the kids playing outside. I started on the quiet work spacefirst since it seems much easier to finish than the kids, I placed some tables with a divider so no one could try to plagiarize any of the others works. I made a table where there is a built-in keyboard so they could search up anything or use it as a lecture room for an upcoming exam. I started fiddling with the chalkboard so it could be used electronically. It could paste any item that is scanned from the table and be transferred to the board. I put computers near the entrance so they could have more time to work on their assignments. I made the lights with setting onto a remote so anyone could place the light in a setting benefiting their own purposes. Next I used the unwanted chairs and connected them to some earphones and headphones so they don’t have to listen to anyone or be distracted by anything accidental but in case of emergencies they stop automatically if the fire alarm is turned on or something deemed dangerous is in place. I created separate storage's in the walls with a code that is changed every time a person is done with it so the people don’t have to carry it back to the same place. With that I feel like I was almost done but I didn’t know what was missing so I just left it alone until I could remember what it was. I walked to the door of the work space room and places a sign saying still in progress and returned to my room where Shinoa and Reev were sleeping while Sadie looked as if she was done for. I asked her if she needed any help but she said she was doing club projects so I couldn’t help out with anything. I asked her what a club was and she told me all about it, it seems that it was some kind of grouping of some sorts that have others with the same interests. They talk or play amongst themselves and challenge them to improve on it or something. I couldn’t quite imagine it at all but since Sadie says that it is mandatory to be in a club I might as well just look around for myself but she said that some people have an eye on me. I couldn’t give it much thought since I didn’t think it would take so much of my time. Apparently after today there is going to be a recruitment of clubs so everyone can check them out and see which of them they would want to try out for the time being. There is a 1 week trial period so the people could test their skills and see as they deem fit. I didn’t see the point in them but Reev was really pumped up with it.

                Dinner went by and Shinoa was really bored with watching over Reev and his studies. Sadie was well, I had hoped that I wouldn’t be the one to clean up after her since she was working on posters and other things. I really wanted to go back to working on the area but I knew I would be spending too much time on it and miss out on sleeping and I didn’t want to fall asleep in class so I stayed with them and just continued working ahead on the studies. It was mostly hard and I didn’t get it until Sadie pointed out some of them which made it much easier to understand. I got most of the chapter finished by that time it was already time for curfew. Everyone left after cleaning Sadie’s massive mess and I was left all alone with Jack just floating in my mind. Sometimes if he really bored he would drag my conscience into one of the previous successor’s memories and live in that very moment while he plays around in the night. As I was about to drift off I heard Jack crying in the back of my mind I wanted to ask him why but I dozed right off. When I woke up and got ready for school Shinoa had changed my uniform and I couldn’t find my spares anywhere. I ran off to Shinoa’s room and asked to give me back my uniform but she said no way and that it’s more feminine this way. I really didn’t think Shinoa would go this far to get me looking more like a girl. It wasn’t really a problem if some people got a huge misunderstanding over a few clothes, but Shinoa told me to wear it for today and see if I would change my mind after that. I knew after she said that she wouldn’t change her mind any further. I changed in Shinoa’s room and came out all uneasy with the skirt. It felt weird and I really didn’t like it so I skipped out on breakfast and headed off to school without everyone else. When I arrived at the classroom no one was there and I was relieved. I sat in my desk and pulled out some paper. I started drawing a rough sketch on how the play room was going to be but every time I tried putting something in there, there was always something that would get in the way. I scratched my head and was willing to give up but Cynthia came up and looked at the sketch.

                “Hey, why don’t you just make it simple instead of something as complex as this?” I looked at the page and became confused so I asked her.

                “Why do you mean? It is simple and the kids usually like it this way. So here they could find ways on climbing up to the top without anything supporting them and when they go down they have to calculate it so they wouldn’t run into the wall. As that goes there the kids can practice running up from the low places and start training themselves for the higher places where there isn’t anything for their legs to grasp on.”

                “See that is complex. Kids just want to play to their hearts content and sometimes for them to do that they have to just find something useful. They are very simple minded kids that they would play with anything that seems amusing to them.”

                “Yeah, please it’s not as easy at that. There has to be some sort of safety to the stuff they are going to play with. They have to understand the dangers of the items they are about to play with.”

                “Kids are all like that? Don’t you have a memory or two when you started playing with anything in sight?” I really did have just the one, it was just me, Reev and Shinoa playing on the hill where you can see beyond the glades. It was the only place where I could get away from all the responsibilities, from the council, my parents and sometimes even the kids in my class. The distance they put between me and them was so great I can’t think of any happier memories. It was like something was blocking them out but I don’t know what.

                “Yeah, I did but it was long ago.” I folded up the sketch and pulled out my books so I didn’t have to go through the troubles of pulling them out later. Cynthia didn’t say anything after that and just went to her desk and did the same thing. When she was finished she whispered something. I couldn’t hear it so I had to ask to see if she was talking to me.

                “Did you say something, Cynthia?” I could see Cynthia biting down on her lower lip as if she was keeping some kind of secret. Something that she doesn’t want people to find out that was the trying I was getting from her. I didn’t know what to do them but people started coming into the classroom as if it was the perfect time to come in. With that the day ended once again, I told Shinoa and the others to go sight see without me because I had something to take care of. I asked the driver to bring me to the borderline of where the two cities meet. When I arrived there, there was nothing that made me happy, I started looking for someone but it seemed that he didn’t arrive yet. I waited by the fence until a heard someone out of breath from far away. I leaned on the fence with a smile on my face but when he arrived I stopped smiling because I didn’t want to be teased about it.

                “You’re late, Eibon.” He smiled as he approached the fence.



© 2016 CrimsonShinigami


Author's Note

CrimsonShinigami
I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do
Please don't mind the error I tried my best to read this over and over again
but please dont let that stop you from posting your opinions

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on March 11, 2016
Last Updated on March 11, 2016


Author

CrimsonShinigami
CrimsonShinigami

Edmonton, Canada



About
I like writing poems and stories but I never had the chance to show others they may not be as good as others but I tried my best. I enjoy reading books that have a good story plot. I hate quiet room.. more..

Writing