Madness that's what i have

Madness that's what i have

A Chapter by CrimsonShinigami

Seraph

                I didn’t notice that I was crying in the middle of the night. I couldn’t remember what kind of dream I was having but I still remembered Eibon’s words from earlier today. I remember Jack kept throwing around curse words when I decided to meet him.

                “Sera, He’s growing stronger and you know that the moment you let him possess you was the day you started to die. I can’t help you suppress him any longer but I do know is that I’m trying to find a cure. You have my word on that.”

                “How long do you think I have left before the madness takes over?”

                “My guess is in about 4 years. Nothing more. I’m sorry I should have got to you sooner.” I shook my head and curled up into a ball hoping that the conversation would go away. I know this painful feeling when he said I had 4 years left. I had hoped that I could fight against Jack but I knew that it wasn’t an option anymore. I could hear Jack from time to time on his tales of hurting others with his other bodies. His time in the bag in the basement where he was left alone and whenever people came down there he couldn’t reach out to them since they have already reached of age where he can’t disrupt the bond they have with their other contractor. Since he couldn’t break that bond, he decided to have a little fun with the limited powers he had in the basement. He would lock up the door and make them panic and beg for their life.

                “They die off so fast, it’s a mystery to me on how they every survived the outside world if they are as powerless as this.” Jack echoed inside my head. I tried to ignore it but he kept talking.

                “I don’t like him. That Eibon, he’s always getting in the way. I’m trying to have the time of my life here, well your life to be exact. I still remember the day when I first met him. It was way back when you weren’t even born.” He started laughing but his laughs had consistent cracks in between them. Those cracks hurt my ears.

                “Stop it, Jack.”

                “Oh ho, she speaks. To what do I owe the pleasure to hear you speak to me once again?” I kept my mouth closed and Jack went off ranting about his life once more. I went to sleep after that when I woke up, there was Reev and Shinoa waiting at my door with such sour faces. I got an earful from them and they were also asking about where I went when we parted ways. I brushed them off and just went to the café. I saw the man sitting in the middle as if he was waiting for me to act up but I did nothing. I sat down at the table that puts the must distance between us. Sadie sat down and some people who I think were her friends came up to her and asked to borrow her. I looked at them and told them very clearly that no one here was a toy or object. I got scoffed off by the person who looked a little on the danger side and grabbed Sadie then dragged her to a place where I could no longer see her. I shrugged it off and spaced off into my thoughts looking for something but got nothing. Reev shook me back to reality and handed me my food. I told him that I could get my own food by myself but Reev didn’t look convinced at all. Shinoa was just eating away while glaring at me which made me uncomfortable. I asked her if she needed anything and she said no then went back to glaring. Sadie came back and it seemed that her talk wasn’t as great as she had hoped.

                School ended and we all stayed behind to check out the clubs since they were all set up in getting new recruits. We dropped off Sadie to her art club and went off to see the others. Reev seemed very amused to the cooking club and I noticed that he might have some hidden motives about it but he was very happy when he heard that he could cook any kind of food inside the food’s room. Shinoa and I were still looking at the other clubs to see if anything piqued any interests that lied within us. Shinoa said that she had to watch over me since I was unpredictable. I was troubled with Shinoa not trusting me to have things in control. By the time the day ended, I was exhausted from walking around the whole school asking about what each club does. Shinoa went out to grab some drinks from the vending machine, I felt like I could sleep and wake up when school starts but when I tried to go to sleep something hit me. Literally, something hit me not an idea but an actual object. I looked around at what was thrown at me and it was a rock. I looked from right to left but no one was there I didn’t understand what was happening but I didn’t like it not even one bit. I pretended to go to sleep and concentrate on the disturbance of the wind or something unnatural that was in it. I noticed it and caught the rock that was about to hit me I looked at the rock and started walking to the direction it came from. I walked to an alleyway and started going through it. When it ended I started walking the same direction where the rock came from. I ended up at the side of the building with a person crouching down talking amongst herself. I went up behind her and found out it was Cynthia. I didn’t think that Cynthia would be the one to wake me up when I was about to fall asleep several times. I tapped her shoulder and she whirled around with this surprised look on her face. She fell from her position and I just held my hand out to her so she could use it at support to get herself up but she didn’t take it. I let my hand return to my side and I watched how she looked at me with uncertainty. I thought how she has her thoughts written all over her face and laughed. She didn’t seem very pleased with how I reacted and I think she started sulking but she had something about her that wanted to tell me something.

                “Okay, so what do you need me for?” 



© 2016 CrimsonShinigami


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on March 18, 2016
Last Updated on March 18, 2016


Author

CrimsonShinigami
CrimsonShinigami

Edmonton, Canada



About
I like writing poems and stories but I never had the chance to show others they may not be as good as others but I tried my best. I enjoy reading books that have a good story plot. I hate quiet room.. more..

Writing