Fireflies on the moon

Fireflies on the moon

A Poem by Cherrie Palmer
"

bedtime story

"

“Is it true that we will catch fireflies tonight on the Moon?” She said with a wink as a smile laced her lips.

“Yes, my love, you will see fireflies near the constellation Antares. For this trip, to come to pass, your traveling shoes, must take a rest. So slip under the cover and close your eyes and together we will fly across the endless sky."

 “Granny my girl, how long will it take for the snow outside seems very deep?” Gazing through curtains of burgundy lace she spies her snowman with a smile on his face.

“Peyton my child, once snug and warm our dreams will carry us to a world transformed.”

“I think I’ll be hungry from a long journey there, what will you bring me for our al fresco retreat.”

“I’ll make some brownies topped in fudgy delight and we can drink from the ‘Milky way’ for cool sweet sup.”

“Rub my back.” She said in a yawn. “And tell me again about the planets above.” Still gazing outside and tracing the stars. I pulled down her blinds to tell of the heavens above.

“The black canvas sky looks a velvety treat with layers of stars glistening sweet. The haloed moon waxing full, orbits just there like a crown so pale. So hurry to sleep and dream so well for a journey is yours for the morning to tell. Look to the North for a shooting star, and follow the comets where ever they are. Make a left turn at the eastern sky and we will romp and run all through the night, catching fireflies and listening to the Cherub’s sing. Before you know it we will return from our dreams with sleep in your eyes and with a smile in place, we’ll have a secret to share from that very place.” 

 

 

 

© 2018 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful. A wise poem/prose. Well written

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

8 Years Ago

thank you, so much I am very glad to see other adults enjoy this little bedtime tale.
Cherrie, this is a sweet cuddle of lullaby. One that would coin a young one to want to sleep and see the fireflies and then wait for the sun to rise and wipe moon-dust sleep from their eyes.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

8 Years Ago

Me and my grand-daughter play this game everynight (she's a bit of a wild woman) now it is a race to.. read more
great idea of a Star Journey! Slow the writing down and tell more names of the stars, what happens at every star you could write upon this for quite awhile, every star with a different feature. Very Oz or Wonderland concept.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

9 Years Ago

my granddaughter and I do this every night for bedtime
Awe isn't that just a very precious story. Nothing like a wonderful bedtime story to bring out the joy in a child's dream.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How sweet, and it takes me back to yesterday when my mom read me stories before falling to sleep. My grannies died when my parents were very young so I never got to know them..Valentine

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

9 Years Ago

we do this every night. but always something new from snowmen to horseback riding. She loves it.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

806 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2018
Tags: moon_ fireflies_comets

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Springfield , MO



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. After a lifetime of country living, I'm making a move back to town. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: .. more..

Writing
Will Will

A Story by Cherrie Palmer



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..