Noah Chisum Paints the Night

Noah Chisum Paints the Night

A Chapter by Cherrie Palmer
"

for my newest baby to be

"

Shalom Aleichem, makes me giggle as it rolls off my tongue. Noah, taught me that, it means ‘peace be upon you’. Want to hear something else that's funny, my name is Noah too. We’re not related, well we are kinda related cause God loved us both into existence.  I have been having a blast up here it won’t be long till I make my way down to the badlands of Oklahoma and on that day I will have so many new things to learn and an entire family to meet, you first of course. I’m sure they will all like me, because I already love all of them and you. 

 

I know some people find God the Father scary but let me tell you; He loves to play and have fun. Just today He stretched out the heavens like a tent and me and many others played by the Crystal Sea all day. He also cradles sunbeams to lie over the water, which is the best night’s sleep you will ever have. We rode a cloud and like a chariot afire it tore up and down the horizon and mine was the fastest. You may have noticed it for as the sun was setting on the earth below the sky was marked with bright colors of red, yellow and mauve.

 

Here's something I bet you don't remember, It is really hard to play hide n seek up here in Heaven everyone is clothed in garments of light. Noah said it is the splendor of God that makes us all shine. I don’t know what that means, but I like the way it feels. No matter how hard I try I never get dirty that splendor is tough.

 

Wings of the wind carry me from place to place and show me things I must know. I go so fast sometimes the wind thunders in my ear with a loud roar. Noah and the boys are always busy singing to God. I sing some too, but at the end of the day as the sunsets on the earth below I want to catch a cloud and paint the night sky.  

 

Once I grow tired of racing my chariot I will rest on a cradle of light, and dream of you. Sometimes I can hear your voice even over the wonders of Heaven. I hear you hum and sing and I especially like it when you rub your tummy and talk to me.  So keep on singing and I'll keep on growing and before you know it we’ll be together.

 

Love your little Noah.



© 2011 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very imaginative way to shake some people out of their rigid ideas about what heaven might be like. My favorite aspect is that you describe God as liking to have fun. I also feel Him more on a minute-by-minute basis, as if a fun companion sharing each little challenge & victory of my day, along the way . . . not some big entity in a high place. I love the way you SHOW this with dynamic imagery. To be honest, I was not thinking about the "expected child" aspect much, as I was more taken with everything else going on here! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

The kids love the last day in Heaven stories that I've written for the grandbabies and I get caught.. read more
to enter the kingdom, be like the children.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2011
Last Updated on December 1, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..