Raspberry Pie

Raspberry Pie

A Story by Cherrie Palmer

Raspberry Pie

1 cup cake flour *heaping cup

½ teaspoon salt

½ stick softened butter

(Cut butter into flour)

Add ¼ cup liquid oil

(Again cut oil into flour)

Add 3 teaspoons of cold milk

 Press dough into a ball

Flour the rolling surface and rollout place dough in a non-stick pie pan. If the dough rips piece it into one crust patting as you go. It's no big deal, this just means the crust will be tender and flakey. ( Fight the urge to re-work your dough. The more you work it the tougher it fill be.)

 16 oz. berries

1/3 cup white sugar

1/3 cup of brown sugar * heaping cup

1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

 Add frozen berries white sugar brown sugar cinnamon& mix together and add in to pie pan. Instead of crimping your pie crust pull the edges onto the berries. I like to over about a 1/3 of the pie with a crust. (Instead a making a two crust pie.)If need be rollout a little more pie crust to add to the edges all the way around the outer edge.

Now take a hand full of pecans and grind into a course mill.  Once you have minced up the pecans add the same amount of brown sugar to the nuts and then again add the same amount of oats.  Mix well then sprinkle a generous portion to the top of the pie covering both berries and crust. 

Then cook for an hour at 350. It will be golden brown. (do not add liquid to your berries, they are frozen and have moisture in them naturally).

 

© 2012 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yum sounds delicious!! I'm going to make this pie. :o)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 14, 2012
Last Updated on March 21, 2012
Tags: Pie
Previous Versions

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing