Darkroom

Darkroom

A Poem by Frontier

 

 

I am your soul’s darkroom

Only here will its

 

light

 sensitive

Photographic

material

 

manifest 

 

 

The negatives have found

 the formula

Here I am

The room that can be made completely dark  

 

 

 

© 2014 Frontier


Author's Note

Frontier
feedback please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome I like it. AT first I didnt know what to make of it, and than it captivated me and brought thoughts of my past forth and made me smile a crooked one inside. This Dark room holds magic and terror that can save the world or destroy... HooRA Frontier you created a script of dark lust and song that whispers with skill and silence into men and womans heart stirring there subconcious will into the direction of your choice.... The Dark Room contains your arts..>THATS MY MANIFESTATION>>>> I LIKED IT ALOT>>>>;) keep writing...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frontier

10 Years Ago

thanks a lot for your manifestation



Reviews

I think many of us have a tendency to develop only what we want to see. This is great.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Hahaa!! Very true Tim! Thanks
Relic's Bare Trees

9 Years Ago

You're Welcome.
Amazing use of words. The word use was enough to create vision and thoughts. I like the term "Soul darkroom". Interesting concept. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

thank you Coyote!!
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I wanted to specifically come by and pause... wanted to hear -

This one really found a place within me... it speaks with a voice - a power full voice. This one is the thing of dreams...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Thank you Chris!!
simply intense, very much gray and mind boggling.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Haha yea I like the gray what can I say! :)

Thanks Mayank
I think the strongest element of this poem is the first line. I was absolutely astonished and blown away by that Idea. Overall, its an outstanding metaphor, which conveys so many things about the speaker. She is nurturing, and the kind of person you can come to for your undeveloped possibilities. In essence, she makes a sacred space. In that space, all of his most treasured negatives of the world are brought into focus.

I'd love to see your run with this metaphor in a longer piece, and tie in allusions to the photography process. I also think you can also tie in a few brief examples of what is developed in that dark room, and what that creates.

I like what you have here, and I look forward to seeing if this idea takes off in any new directions.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

I really like your idea....I'll see where it takes me. Thanks Clockwork :)
Oh my, you can not have one without the other. We either illuminate, or we subtract the light. It must be that way. You swallow the light because you can! There is so much depth here, or should I say, contrast? Love the way the speaker mirrors the subject's negatives with a positive reflection, and the way you play with the shade of text also, normally not a fan of that but here it works. Well done sister poetess!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Yes and sometimes one needs to get thru darkness to see even brighter light. Thanks Mai. :)
Mai Marquez

9 Years Ago

Find the light. Push the darkness aside to get to the greater source. I love that. :)
This is really creative and the analogy of a darkroom is a wonderful idea. The light vs dark font adds to the effect. I enjoyed the content apart from the final line, which for me, didn't have the dramatic impression the rest of the poem has. In keeping with your first line that says "soul" maybe use a line that is connected to that? Something like "absorbing eternity"? (am a bit tired so any creative thoughts are sleeping). But I loved what you did with this. Penny :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

I am the room that can be made completely dark....
You are my soul's darkroom and I am very inclined to open the door....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Hehe :) you are very much welcome
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
NK
'The room that can be made completely dark'
Nothing gets it better.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Hehe thank you NK :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2014
Last Updated on April 25, 2014

Author

Frontier
Frontier

Puerto Rico



Writing
Hormones Hormones

A Poem by Frontier



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..