Witch Or Wife?

Witch Or Wife?

A Story by ChibiKong
"

some times we want the dead to come back, but there gone for a reason

"

Old man Harrison walked home from his wife’s funeral. It was a beautiful day, not a day you would want to spend mourning the loss of a loved one. Harrison's face was somber, flat, and distant. This was not a good day for a funeral. It had only been a week since her death, but he already missed her terribly. He walked pass a wishing well that just seemed to call to him. Wishing his problems away didn't come naturally, and quite frankly was a waste of time for him. But he didn't care, he pulled a quarter out and tossed it in, wishing out loud.

“Please God bring Martha back. Bring back my beautiful wife.” Tears fell from his cheek as he walked the rest of the way home.

Harrison woke up the next day to the sound of a woman humming. His head popped off his pillow, and he rushed for his door. His wife Martha stood in the kitchen cooking bacon and humming Homeward Bound.

“Bobby! You're finally up! I've been waiting forever. I thought you might be dead,” she said with a giggle.  Harrison's first instinct was to ask her how she got there? She was dead, but he didn't care. All he cared about was that his wish had been granted.

Harrison enjoyed every minute of his wife’s company, but it seemed she wasn't enjoying him. She started to look miserable and sick. Harrison approached her with this issue.

“Why did you bring me back from the dead Bobby? I was happy,” was her reply. Harrison felt guilty. His wife was miserable. She didn't belong here anymore. She had to go back, back to the well. He left that morning and stopped by the well. He pulled out a nickel, and tossed it in.

“Please take back my wife. I was wrong to wish her back. Take back my wife,” He asked the well earnestly.

Harrison returned home later that night. He didn’t see his wife anywhere. Later that night in his slumber he awoke to a crash in the kitchen. He slowly climbed out of bed, grabbing the bat that lay beside it. His footsteps creaked, as he walked towards the kitchen. He double took at the entrance of the kitchen. Then he cowered behind the wall. It wasn't a person, it was a monster! The creature had a woman like figure. Her hands had long black claws. Her body long and bony. Her pale face was cracked and unclean. Her teeth were rotted and looked to be covered in blood.

The witch came walking out of the kitchen, passing Harrison. He held his breath, trying to hide his screams, as she walked past him into the bathroom. When she reached the bathroom, he frantically ran to the front door. In the dark he tripped over the coffee table, causing a loud echo to fill the house. Harrison heard the bathroom door slam open. He tried to get up, but couldn't. His legs had been injured. The witch came trods him with a scream and shaped claws. Harrison ruled out of the way of her clothes. He grabbed on to a coat rack pulling himself up off the ground. He darted for the door making his escape! He thought he was home safe when they heard a witch crakell from behind him. He darted across the street just barely being hit by a car. He made it to the other side of the room. Then looking back he saw a semi truck stopped with blood all over the front end. On the ground laid his wife covered in blood

© 2014 ChibiKong


Author's Note

ChibiKong
This is kind of heard to read so if your confused just ask ill explaine what happend

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014

Author

ChibiKong
ChibiKong

Alliance, OH



About
I like to write, but im a bad speller so pleas forgive me if i miss spell things :'( more..

Writing
The Barkers The Barkers

A Story by ChibiKong