The Journal Of Cornelius Ray Josuffe

The Journal Of Cornelius Ray Josuffe

A Story by ChibiKong

July 4, 1978

I can’t get any work done! My deadline is next week, and all I can hear is the ruckus from upstairs! It’s Independence Day, so of course they are making more noise than normal. I can tolerate a good celebration, but this has been going on ever since they moved in. They have no respect for me at all! The clomps of the fat woman’s shoes! The bellow of laughter coming from the old man’s belly! It’s like needles to my ears. Have they no decency!

The noise they make at night is even worse. The squeak of the bed springs drive me mad! The cracks of the Fourth of July poppers sends my head spinning! I don’t know if I can suffer for much longer. I might go crazy sitting here doing nothing. I must take action!


July 5, 1978

Another day of none stop ruckus! They decided to set off fireworks! FIREWORKS! I thought there Independance Day shenanigans were over, but what do you expect from white trash. They hoot and holler, like rednecks ! The noise was sickening.

I decided to take my action. While they were outside blowing things up, I creeped up the stairs with a cage of rats. I opened the door that separated my humble abode, from the halogen fest. Like I expected, I had no problem getting into their home. They didn't bother to lock the door, probably because they knew that they had nothing of value in their home.

I walked into their living quarters, and to my surprise it smelt of lemons. The floors where waxed. There walls were lined with books. My curiosity got the better of me. Instead of letting the rats out at the entrance, I soundlessly made my way over to the bookcase. The only noise that came from me was the sound of the rat’s squeak . The  case where lined with all the greats, and some others I have never even heard of. If they had all these books, why were they so, obnoxiously loud!

I heard the click of the doorknob! I had procrastinated for too long. I ran to a coat closet with accordion doors. I listened for the fat woman's foot steps but I heard nothing. I saw a man walk past the closet door. A chill ran down my spine when I saw the woman  walk towards the door to put her coat away. Something distracted her and she walk towards another room. I quietly opened the rats door, and sat it on the ground in the closet. I ran for the front door praying that no one would see me. I made it to the door, and down the stairs without a peep. I suspect them to be gone by tomorrow!


July 6, 1978

I hate myself. They let cats lose to catch the rats. When did they even get cats!?! It’s been non stop meowing and scratching on the floorboards. So, I have made a new plan. I went upstairs when they were out, and glued the windows shut!! HEHAHE! Its so perfect! It’s going to be over 100⁰F  this week. So, I just got back from glueing their windows shut. It’s perfect! I don't really like the fact that my hands are all sticky, but it was worth it! Tomorrow I will listen for the moving trucks, and they will take my problems far away!


July 7, 1978

Last night I had an...odd dream. You see, I had a dream that I killed the noise couple that lived above me. In the dream I went up stair and slit their throats. The blood covered the sheets and the lower half of my shirt.Then I skinned them and bound a book using the skin. I dont even know how to bind a book! When I woke up this morning it was quiet, and two books laid beside my bed with blank pages in side.

*************

Cornelius heard a thud from upstairs. It was the first thud he heard all morning.

“What is going on?” he thought to himself. He walked up the stairs that connected two homes. He hesitated for a moment before entering the living quarters. Cornelius opened the door and a gust of hot stinky air enters his nose. He gagged, and put a handkerchief up to his nose to block the stench. He walked into the living room tripping over cats. Cornelius stopped in his tracks. Two skinned bodies laid on the bed.

A thud echoed in the room.

“What was that?” he thought. He ran out of the room with the dead bodies. He dashed to an extra room, looking for someone else in the home. He opened doors, chest room, looked under beds, couches and chairs. There was no one to be found. THUMP THUMP THUMP. The thumping of footsteps wouldn't stop! He scampered to the door leading to the steeps. Thats when he saw it. Another door he had never noticed it. He slowly opened the door. Loud bellows of laughter came from the top of the steps. Then a fat woman, wearing high heels walked passed the door. She let out a scream, as Cornelius stared at her, with blood stains on his clothes.


THE END.

© 2014 ChibiKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014

Author

ChibiKong
ChibiKong

Alliance, OH



About
I like to write, but im a bad speller so pleas forgive me if i miss spell things :'( more..

Writing
The Barkers The Barkers

A Story by ChibiKong